Coronavirus = empty roads

Coronavirus = empty roads

Author
Discussion

Boosted LS1

19,049 posts

215 months

Friday 3rd April
quotequote all
You are allowed to not 'stay at home' Just be sensible about it.

survivalist

1,415 posts

145 months

Friday 3rd April
quotequote all
A1VDY said:
Powerfully Built Company Director said:
ensignia said:
Dog walkers have really shown themselves up to be self entitled idiots these past few weeks.
Dog walkers and doggers too I imagine?
It's just another way for the goofy types to try to circumnavigate the law. No need to take a dog for a walk, for those with a garden let it run around outside. For those unfortunate to have a flat, a treadmill would do.
Just an excuse to get out when everyone should STAY AT HOME!
Are you that dog whisperer bloke? Train the dog run on a treadmill rolleyes

What about the delivery driver who gives you CV19 handing over the treadmill (for those fools who don’t have a dog treadmill in their studio apartment already.

There’s no circumnavigation of the law either, you are allowed to leave your house.

swisstoni

9,080 posts

234 months

Friday 3rd April
quotequote all
My twitter feed tells me that people are still managing to hit each other on motorways despite them being, presumably, pretty empty.

Boosted LS1

19,049 posts

215 months

Friday 3rd April
quotequote all
Doubt it's significant. I've blasted for miles and not seen anything resembling an accident. My twitter says the roads are empty,

swisstoni

9,080 posts

234 months

Friday 3rd April
quotequote all
Boosted LS1 said:
Doubt it's significant. I've blasted for miles and not seen anything resembling an accident. My twitter says the roads are empty,
Collisions yesterday and today on M4 near me.

Boosted LS1

19,049 posts

215 months

Friday 3rd April
quotequote all
Still insignificant though. Just a blip in the grand scheme of things. I tripped on the pavement yesterday.

swisstoni

9,080 posts

234 months

Friday 3rd April
quotequote all
Boosted LS1 said:
Still insignificant though. Just a blip in the grand scheme of things. I tripped on the pavement yesterday.
I just mentioned it in passing mate.
If you want to win an argument, be my guest.

DonkeyApple

37,371 posts

124 months

Friday 3rd April
quotequote all
How come people still have dogs? We’re we not supposed to eat them in week 1?

survivalist

1,415 posts

145 months

Saturday 4th April
quotequote all
DonkeyApple said:
How come people still have dogs? We’re we not supposed to eat them in week 1?
That’s how all this started FFS. ;-)

Honeywell

350 posts

53 months

Saturday 4th April
quotequote all
My local hospital has ten times the number of empty beds than usual and the staff are bored. Probably a great time to need a hospital visit outside of London.

carinaman

15,314 posts

127 months

Saturday 4th April
quotequote all
survivalist said:
DonkeyApple said:
How come people still have dogs? We’re we not supposed to eat them in week 1?
That’s how all this started FFS. ;-)
That's batst crazy.

VeeFource

1,004 posts

132 months

Saturday 4th April
quotequote all
Had to commute to work on Thursday and I think Cheshire council are putting people off taking their toys out this weekend by heavily salting all the roads that afternoon. It's the only explanation given it's been warming up since Tuesday. That or they're utter buffoons.
..actually nevermind.

PorkRind

3,029 posts

160 months

Saturday 4th April
quotequote all
I think its amazing, all those unnecessary journeys not being , made, the co2 not being pumped out.. I can actually ride my bike on the roads without fear of some donut trying to kill me. I wonder if we could appeal for less road usage in general instead of having an electrical market, Improve the rail/tram network and it would be splendid for sound, emissions and resource burning ! Trust me, i love my car (c63) but ive not used it in a week, i'll have a quick blast this weekend but one car making a bit of a blare is nothing compared to all the lorries. unnecessary journeys being made by people who cant be arsed to cycle or walk to the local shop to pick up a few things..?!

egor110

12,738 posts

158 months

Saturday 4th April
quotequote all
Surely all those lorries are delivering stuff we want to buy ?

Unlike your weekend car drive for no reason.

Alucidnation

12,628 posts

125 months

Saturday 4th April
quotequote all
egor110 said:
Surely all those lorries are delivering stuff we want to buy ?

Unlike your weekend car drive for no reason.
Indeed.

People going out "for a bit of a blare" are potentially contributing to the problem.

rosetank

634 posts

5 months

Saturday 4th April
quotequote all
A1VDY said:
No... really they don't!
Just lock the car up and do what you're being told to do, STAY AT HOME..
Oh pipe down, if I use a certain car for the shopping run it’s got feck all to do with you. Mind your own business!

sisu

651 posts

128 months

Saturday 4th April
quotequote all
I like the roads being this quiet, my Dad said that the traffic was similar to the 50s at the moment.
Delivery vans, the odd car and parking at the station. But no smog

rosetank

634 posts

5 months

Saturday 4th April
quotequote all
PorkRind said:
I think its amazing, all those unnecessary journeys not being , made, the co2 not being pumped out.. I can actually ride my bike on the roads without fear of some donut trying to kill me. I wonder if we could appeal for less road usage in general instead of having an electrical market, Improve the rail/tram network and it would be splendid for sound, emissions and resource burning ! Trust me, i love my car (c63) but ive not used it in a week, i'll have a quick blast this weekend but one car making a bit of a blare is nothing compared to all the lorries. unnecessary journeys being made by people who cant be arsed to cycle or walk to the local shop to pick up a few things..?!
Tell me how you get on with a months worth of shopping on the pushbike..

Teddy Lop

3,128 posts

22 months

Saturday 4th April
quotequote all
Thank fk the van has cruise control. Keeping out of profit zone threshold on the north circular when its empty is torture (40mph av-scam)

other than that I've got weird mixed emotions on it, while driving everywhere in as little as one third of the time it'd normally take is a gift that keeps on giving (seriously you guys don't know what you're missing out on, I'd say you need to try it but that's frowned upon), there's an ominous constant awareness that the financial cost could be a very nasty sting in the tail.

cerb4.5lee

15,220 posts

135 months

Saturday 4th April
quotequote all
sisu said:
I like the roads being this quiet, my Dad said that the traffic was similar to the 50s at the moment.
I've been out food shopping this morning and it was the most quiet I've ever seen the main roads around me. It made me really want my TVR back and I could've really made the best of the empty roads in that. driving Instead I only had 189bhp to play with in my Mini and that felt really slow today(it doesn't usually feel that slow to me) because the roads were so open.