More cars you didn't know existed...

More cars you didn't know existed...

Author
Discussion

TheInsanity1234

735 posts

99 months

Tuesday 22nd September 2020
quotequote all
Roboticarm said:
MXRod said:
Saw one the other day, it looks like someone said "we need to make that into a convertible" instead of "we need to design a convertible version of that" I have no mechanical skill and it looks like I removed the roof and fitted the type of awning usually used for a shop front !
I saw one in the flesh and it kind of reminded me of this... hehe

ajprice

23,270 posts

176 months

Tuesday 22nd September 2020
quotequote all
MXRod said:
They used to make the Golf convertible, Beetle convertible, and Eos. Now they make that thing. Hmmm.

aka_kerrly

12,249 posts

190 months

Friday 2nd October 2020
quotequote all
On a topic about Japanese track cars a VEMAC was mentioned.

A Japanese Lotus Elise with Honda power in the form of the B18c or later K20 engines.

Mr.Jimbo

2,067 posts

163 months

Friday 9th October 2020
quotequote all
One of these passed me this morning and made me double take - didn't know Hyundai had a fuel cell car


Wildcat45

7,746 posts

169 months

Friday 9th October 2020
quotequote all
TorqueR said:


I spotted one of these today in Worksop on a “70” plate - an MG5 EV Estate!
It looks like one of those generic looking made up cars you see in adverts for breakdown cover of insurance.

I found a few on Auto Trader. What a nasty, cheap looking thing it is. Somehow other makers of cheap cars like Dacia manage to make no frills look vaguely attractive.

Is it any good though? I like the idea of a cheap but practical EV.

Doofus

20,260 posts

153 months

Friday 9th October 2020
quotequote all
Wildcat45 said:
I found a few on Auto Trader. What a nasty, cheap looking thing it is.
I don't have any kind of interest in this car, but I'm intrigued as to how you can identify "Cheap and nasty" from some photographs. It looks ok to me, in pictures.

anonymous-user

34 months

Friday 9th October 2020
quotequote all
Wildcat45 said:
TorqueR said:


I spotted one of these today in Worksop on a “70” plate - an MG5 EV Estate!
It looks like one of those generic looking made up cars you see in adverts for breakdown cover of insurance.

I found a few on Auto Trader. What a nasty, cheap looking thing it is. Somehow other makers of cheap cars like Dacia manage to make no frills look vaguely attractive.

Is it any good though? I like the idea of a cheap but practical EV.
I wouldn't say it looks any worse than all the other bland crap for sale, I would agree that MG lacks identity and needs a corporate face people recognise. Kia has managed it with its tiger nose

Chris944_S2

1,822 posts

203 months

Monday 12th October 2020
quotequote all
The Renault 900.
It had a 1.7l V8, but that's not the weirdest thing about this car.

Rear:


Front:


(no I didn't mix these up)

Wildcat45

7,746 posts

169 months

Monday 12th October 2020
quotequote all
Doofus said:
Wildcat45 said:
I found a few on Auto Trader. What a nasty, cheap looking thing it is.
I don't have any kind of interest in this car, but I'm intrigued as to how you can identify "Cheap and nasty" from some photographs. It looks ok to me, in pictures.


It looks OK to you, and you may well be right, as might I because you, like me are identifying it was something based in pictures.

I am more than happy to be proved wrong if anyone who has hands on experience of one cares to offer a more informed opinion.


Wildcat45

7,746 posts

169 months

Monday 12th October 2020
quotequote all
MonkeyMatt said:
Wildcat45 said:
TorqueR said:


I spotted one of these today in Worksop on a “70” plate - an MG5 EV Estate!
It looks like one of those generic looking made up cars you see in adverts for breakdown cover of insurance.

I found a few on Auto Trader. What a nasty, cheap looking thing it is. Somehow other makers of cheap cars like Dacia manage to make no frills look vaguely attractive.

Is it any good though? I like the idea of a cheap but practical EV.
I wouldn't say it looks any worse than all the other bland crap for sale, I would agree that MG lacks identity and needs a corporate face people recognise. Kia has managed it with its tiger nose
Kia appears to me as a strong brand with decent looking cars to match.

I'm still not quite sure what MG is trying to be. You would think it would be easy to establish a strong corporate face when you own such a recognizable logo.

Dapster

6,070 posts

160 months

Monday 12th October 2020
quotequote all
AndrewCrown said:
BMW Glas Coupé

There was a Glas a few pages back..and here’s another...found it on the classics section on eBay...
Really rather nice...




Edited by AndrewCrown on Monday 21st September 01:19
Have another stunning BMW, the 1969 2002 GT4 Fastback study by Frua. Lovely front end but the designer seems to have lost interest by the time he got to the rear.



Wildcat45

7,746 posts

169 months

Monday 12th October 2020
quotequote all
I love that!

A bit Alfa GTVish

Mr Tidy

17,626 posts

107 months

Monday 12th October 2020
quotequote all
Those photos of the Glas and Frua BMW reminded me a bit of the Fiat 2300S Coupe that was designed by Ghia.


Pericoloso

44,044 posts

143 months

Monday 12th October 2020
quotequote all
Dapster said:
Way nicer to look at than the Touring they sold ,probably not as practicle though .

saaby93

31,596 posts

158 months

Monday 12th October 2020
quotequote all
Pericoloso said:
Dapster said:
Way nicer to look at than the Touring they sold ,probably not as practicle though .
Whats that to the left?

Pericoloso

44,044 posts

143 months

Monday 12th October 2020
quotequote all
saaby93 said:
Whats that to the left?
BMW Glas 1600 GT.....I think .

Seen one in Sweden but don't remember it well .

off_again

11,041 posts

214 months

Monday 12th October 2020
quotequote all
Scrump said:
This one?

ZesPak said:
I'm usually quite up to date, but someone enlightened me on this the other day.



This is an A-class sedan.



This is a CLA.

Merc has me utterly confused.
It created the A class. Then it made a sedan which they called the CLA (of which they also made an estate).
Then it went on to make a sedan of the A-class, which is the A-class sedan??

What's next, a 5 door Audi A5?
Gets worse! Here in the US we dont get the full model range, but you can get an A-class sedan of which you get the 250 or 35 versions. So thats a normal 2.0T and the upgraded 2.0T in the A-class AMG 35 model. BUT, you can also get the CLA with the 2.0T and both 35 and 45 versions....

Argh... this is madness. I believe the A-class sedan is slightly lower in materials and features and the CLA is slightly higher, but seriously, its the same damn car! And on top of that, we never got the A-class hatch, but you can get the GLA lifted hatch.... thats still a hatchback..... argh, this is insane.

And I never knew this existed until recently:



Veeayt

3,139 posts

185 months

Tuesday 13th October 2020
quotequote all


Fuldamobil, a 1959 German mass produced EV

Doofus

20,260 posts

153 months

Tuesday 13th October 2020
quotequote all
Veeayt said:


Fuldamobil, a 1959 German mass produced EV
Fuldamobils are 2 strokes, not EVs confused