Best smoker barges 1-5 large [Vol 18]

Best smoker barges 1-5 large [Vol 18]

Author
Discussion

bolidemichael

4,788 posts

165 months

Wednesday 3rd March
quotequote all
BlackStang5point0 said:
LetsTryAgain said:
bobiwine said:
I watched the M539 YouTube video of this m5 rod bearing and engine work last night. The amount of work he did on it is frankly frightening. £7k in parts alone
Running one with a full/comprehensive warranty is the most sensible choice.
All this E60 M5 talk and this thread has recently popped up:

https://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&...

In summary guy buys M5 from independent dealer. Has it inspected by BMW and given clean bill of health so goes ahead with purchase plus adds BMW insured warranty + a ghost immobiliser. 4 weeks later engine goes kaputt. Gets dragged into BMW they inspect and put in warranty claim which is refused as vehicle fitted with non BMW approved modifications (the immobiliser). Or something like that..!!
I think that there is a slim hope of BMW Mondial capitulating, but I doubt it.

0a

22,735 posts

158 months

Wednesday 3rd March
quotequote all
Thanks for the magazine tip r129. Subscribed. Not cheap. But hey it's not like there's many pleasures to splash out on right now.

B'stard Child

21,880 posts

210 months

Wednesday 3rd March
quotequote all
Gruber said:
r129sl said:
Real.
Indeed: very real and beautifully so.

I’ve got the first three. You’ve reminded me I should get back into them.
I've purchased Issue one and Issue six

If I like I'll subscribe and get 2-5

Patrick Bateman

11,290 posts

138 months

Wednesday 3rd March
quotequote all
Mentioned a while back about inheriting my dad's XJ recently...

2 grand on MOT/servicing/timing belt, various other repairs/fault finding and 2 months later I was able to pick it up from Prestige Jaguar at the weekend. Good to be back in a proper barge, albeit the 2.7 diesel. Managed an indicated 43mpg on the trip back from Paisley to Carnoustie.

A lot to fork out immediately but it's a 5 grand car, so in that context it's still cheap.

Sahjahd

276 posts

9 months

Thursday 4th March
quotequote all
alec.e said:
If he hadn’t taken it to that first cowboy garage, the engine probably would still be fine to this day. V8 or V10 sound? Having owned many V8s, nothing comes close to a V10 sound.
The sound of the V10 bottom end self destructing is less pleasant though. Some BMW V8s do it too.

StuntmanMike

11,671 posts

115 months

Thursday 4th March
quotequote all
r129sl said:
Somewhat sadly I have an extensive collection of car mags: every issue of Car since the first in Sept 1962; every issue of Evo and Octane; and Supercar Classics. I keep subscribing to Car and Evo even though they are ste. I gave up on Mercedes Enthusiast as rubbish; but I do have all of the Mercedes-Benz Classic mags. The Petrolicious magazine was expensive but good but they have stopped producing it; Magneto is pretty thin despite being very fat. The Japanese Blackbird magazine was admirable but seems to have ground to a halt. Here's a picture of some of them.

That looks great. thumbup

ian316

2,391 posts

69 months

Thursday 4th March
quotequote all
StuntmanMike said:
r129sl said:
Somewhat sadly I have an extensive collection of car mags: every issue of Car since the first in Sept 1962; every issue of Evo and Octane; and Supercar Classics. I keep subscribing to Car and Evo even though they are ste. I gave up on Mercedes Enthusiast as rubbish; but I do have all of the Mercedes-Benz Classic mags. The Petrolicious magazine was expensive but good but they have stopped producing it; Magneto is pretty thin despite being very fat. The Japanese Blackbird magazine was admirable but seems to have ground to a halt. Here's a picture of some of them.

That looks great. thumbup
That's a great zoom meeting background

Macron

6,119 posts

130 months

Thursday 4th March
quotequote all
Creamy V6, colours of joy, cheap tax. I expect little love.

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/2021021490...


Biglips

1,012 posts

119 months

Thursday 4th March
quotequote all
I’m hoping thread will indulge me starting the weekend early as I have an appointment with the surgeons knife tomorrow eek

Don’t know if anyone is still in the market for a QP but if you are have a gander at this:

https://www.sportsmaserati.com/index.php?threads/q...

Gruber

6,289 posts

178 months

Thursday 4th March
quotequote all
Macron said:
Creamy V6, colours of joy, cheap tax. I expect little love.

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/2021021490...

I like that Pug shoehorned a 210bhp V6 into an utter turd of a car. And I've never seen one before, so: Chapeau!

mondayo

1,398 posts

227 months

Thursday 4th March
quotequote all
StuntmanMike said:
r129sl said:
Somewhat sadly I have an extensive collection of car mags: every issue of Car since the first in Sept 1962; every issue of Evo and Octane; and Supercar Classics. I keep subscribing to Car and Evo even though they are ste. I gave up on Mercedes Enthusiast as rubbish; but I do have all of the Mercedes-Benz Classic mags. The Petrolicious magazine was expensive but good but they have stopped producing it; Magneto is pretty thin despite being very fat. The Japanese Blackbird magazine was admirable but seems to have ground to a halt. Here's a picture of some of them.

That looks great. thumbup
That looks a very pleasing set up R129.

Have we heard from CDG since he sent "the mags"?

RonaldMcDonaldAteMyCat

11,609 posts

59 months

Thursday 4th March
quotequote all
Gruber said:
Macron said:
Creamy V6, colours of joy, cheap tax. I expect little love.

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/2021021490...

I like that Pug shoehorned a 210bhp V6 into an utter turd of a car. And I've never seen one before, so: Chapeau!
He really loves that reverse camera. So proud #3shots

CharlesdeGaulle

16,209 posts

144 months

Thursday 4th March
quotequote all
mondayo said:
That looks a very pleasing set up R129.

Have we heard from CDG since he sent "the mags"?
Msgs man, msgs. I'm not sure why he didn't write mail in full, it's hardly letter saving and, as we saw, open to misinterpretation!

CharlesdeGaulle

16,209 posts

144 months

Thursday 4th March
quotequote all
Biglips said:
I’m hoping thread will indulge me starting the weekend early as I have an appointment with the surgeons knife tomorrow eek
Good luck old fruit. Probably best not to rely on thread for rehabilitation reading.

Krikkit

20,996 posts

145 months

Thursday 4th March
quotequote all
CharlesdeGaulle said:
Biglips said:
I’m hoping thread will indulge me starting the weekend early as I have an appointment with the surgeons knife tomorrow eek

Don’t know if anyone is still in the market for a QP but if you are have a gander at this:

https://www.sportsmaserati.com/index.php?threads/q...
Good luck old fruit. Probably best not to rely on thread for rehabilitation reading.
Yep hope all goes well.

QP looks absolutely belting - not just single coke tables, but double leaf! I'm hoping r129 will fulfil the thread longing by doing something insane.

W00DY

13,357 posts

190 months

Thursday 4th March
quotequote all
Krikkit said:
CharlesdeGaulle said:
Biglips said:
I’m hoping thread will indulge me starting the weekend early as I have an appointment with the surgeons knife tomorrow eek

Don’t know if anyone is still in the market for a QP but if you are have a gander at this:

https://www.sportsmaserati.com/index.php?threads/q...
Good luck old fruit. Probably best not to rely on thread for rehabilitation reading.
Yep hope all goes well.

QP looks absolutely belting - not just single coke tables, but double leaf! I'm hoping r129 will fulfil the thread longing by doing something insane.
He simply must buy it. Best of luck with the surgery Biglips.

W00DY

13,357 posts

190 months

Thursday 4th March
quotequote all
Macron said:
Creamy V6, colours of joy, cheap tax. I expect little love.

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/2021021490...

I love French oddities, but a 407 is a miserable car in any guise.

Macron

6,119 posts

130 months

Thursday 4th March
quotequote all
Gruber said:
I like that Pug shoehorned a 210bhp V6 into an utter turd of a car. And I've never seen one before, so: Chapeau!
Oi! This sold in its tens I'll have you know!


Good luck Biglips, feel free to spend recovery posting us lots of barges. And Friday things.

andburg

4,587 posts

133 months

Thursday 4th March
quotequote all
W00DY said:
I love French oddities, but a 407 is a miserable car in any guise.
I dont know, theyre not bad cars at all and decent places to sit. nothing to get excited over though.

r129sl

8,840 posts

167 months

Thursday 4th March
quotequote all
Biglips said:
I’m hoping thread will indulge me starting the weekend early as I have an appointment with the surgeons knife tomorrow eek

Don’t know if anyone is still in the market for a QP but if you are have a gander at this:

https://www.sportsmaserati.com/index.php?threads/q...
Corr. They are lovely cars and I still want one... Must have tan leather, though.