Best smoker barges 1-5 large [Vol 18]

Best smoker barges 1-5 large [Vol 18]

TOPIC CLOSED
TOPIC CLOSED
Author
Discussion

Dapster

5,275 posts

146 months

Wednesday 12th May
quotequote all
Bear-n said:
I'm going with a 406 and a 240.
244...

Pastie Bloater

693 posts

129 months

Wednesday 12th May
quotequote all
Those poor Peugeots weeping

Edited by Pastie Bloater on Wednesday 12th May 01:37

g3org3y

16,907 posts

157 months

Wednesday 12th May
quotequote all
bolidemichael said:
Pastie Bloater said:
0a said:
CharlesdeGaulle said:
Even so, it has had considerably more use than the uber-wantable-but-utterly-pointless rear sun blind.
It's for when you cut someone up and they are gesturing at you. One of the best bits of kit on a barge!
Aye can confirm yes
Ahaha, this has me laughing, as it's the main reason for my tinted-out windows that would have previously been referred to as drug dealer, but shall henceforth be referred to as Cypriot Undertaking Nonce Tint.
hehe

LetsTryAgain

2,904 posts

39 months

Wednesday 12th May
quotequote all
Regarding the poor fuel economy of the XJ; does it take forever to warm up?
May well be worth replacing the thermostat (and coolant change whilst doing it) if this is the case.

JOB2.5-16

362 posts

38 months

Wednesday 12th May
quotequote all
0a said:
ian316 said:
One of Jobs cars so it will be nice but 10k!!!!!
It's just so lovely though. I don't even like diesels that much. But I love W124 4 doors and that diesel engine. PHOOOOOOOOOOR.
Factor in the cost of making a £3-4k average 150/200k mile, driver standard car this nice and it's cheap. All W124s, unless somehow they have been stored in a dehumidified garage and driven less than 50k miles now require a suspension / running gear overhaul similar to this car. Consider too, this car is totally rot free and freshly bare metal painted. If you don't want to drop 10 bags on a perfect example, fair enough, it owes me a lot more but when driven; you realise this car is next level.

As a follow on to the hit single 'Under The Arches', I raise the bar to 'Behind the Wings':

Untitled by Jack O'Brien, on Flickr


olly755 said:
Something I’m yet to work out: is our JOB a motor trade dealer or simply a Merc masochist?
While once described by a well regarded Classic Mercedes specialist as an 'armchair dealer', I consider myself the latter. Though not reliant on selling cars to put food on the table (if I did I'd be rather hungry), I have previously stated 'trade' on my adverts for cars that I have rescued and then promptly sold on. I'll leave consideration of my morality to you.

TyrannosauRoss Lex

27,157 posts

178 months

Wednesday 12th May
quotequote all
dscam said:
To be fair Woodmeister, I think that’s a strong contender for a t-shirt slogan.

In other news, I saw this earlier and thought thread would appreciate:



laugh

SpeckledJim

25,308 posts

219 months

Wednesday 12th May
quotequote all
TyrannosauRoss Lex said:
dscam said:
To be fair Woodmeister, I think that’s a strong contender for a t-shirt slogan.

In other news, I saw this earlier and thought thread would appreciate:



laugh
Was anyone else thinking that the faster the car was going, the further-up the telegraph pole it would have hit it?

I think my brain is broken.

MercedesClassic

662 posts

63 months

Wednesday 12th May
quotequote all
SpeckledJim said:
TyrannosauRoss Lex said:
dscam said:
To be fair Woodmeister, I think that’s a strong contender for a t-shirt slogan.

In other news, I saw this earlier and thought thread would appreciate:



laugh
Was anyone else thinking that the faster the car was going, the further-up the telegraph pole it would have hit it?

I think my brain is broken.
Did the Volvo slice through the pole or swerve around it?

Emeye

8,875 posts

189 months

Wednesday 12th May
quotequote all
W00DY said:
bolidemichael said:
Phil, frankly I'm uncomfortable sharing a thread with otherwise right-minded PHers that don't like sunroofs in their vehicles.
I love a sunroof, but there's no denying that I do also appreciate not having one for the headroom benefit. If I was just a touch taller I'd be brushing the headlining of the E39. Lovely to have one open on a summers evening though.
I love a sunroof, but the hassle the sunroof has caused me in my old XC90 has almost put me off for life.

Thanks to the sunroof drain pipe deciding to come loose behind the A-pilar, this winter while it was stood unused it slowly flooded the car. I had to remove 3 buckets of water using my wet vac. The water got into the electrics and the interior was covered in mould. All sorted now, but could have done without it.

CharlesdeGaulle

16,693 posts

146 months

Wednesday 12th May
quotequote all
Dapster said:
EarlOfHazard said:
Or petrol and within thread albeit upholstered in your grandpa's pyjamas



https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C1316542
The interior fabric on both of those cars is magnificent. I'm partial to some high quality cloth in a car.

Biglips

1,022 posts

121 months

Wednesday 12th May
quotequote all
MercedesClassic said:
SpeckledJim said:
TyrannosauRoss Lex said:
dscam said:
To be fair Woodmeister, I think that’s a strong contender for a t-shirt slogan.

In other news, I saw this earlier and thought thread would appreciate:



laugh
Was anyone else thinking that the faster the car was going, the further-up the telegraph pole it would have hit it?

I think my brain is broken.
Did the Volvo slice through the pole or swerve around it?
I’m more worried about the poor paint job on the Volvo- they really didn’t blend those wings in well

stickleback123

7,913 posts

155 months

Wednesday 12th May
quotequote all
Emeye said:
I love a sunroof, but the hassle the sunroof has caused me in my old XC90 has almost put me off for life.

Thanks to the sunroof drain pipe deciding to come loose behind the A-pilar, this winter while it was stood unused it slowly flooded the car. I had to remove 3 buckets of water using my wet vac. The water got into the electrics and the interior was covered in mould. All sorted now, but could have done without it.
This is my experience of sunroofs in old cars. It's the only thing not working properly in my S600 right now, but at least the pointless thing is watertight.

Krikkit

21,359 posts

147 months

Wednesday 12th May
quotequote all
Maybe I've been lucky with them, although the one in my W211 was a bit sticky it always behaved.

Really I just like them for the extra light in the interior

Emeye

8,875 posts

189 months

Wednesday 12th May
quotequote all
The fun begins when you open the sunroof on an old car and it then refuses to shut...

si_xsi

1,048 posts

161 months

Wednesday 12th May
quotequote all

Prinny

1,542 posts

65 months

Wednesday 12th May
quotequote all
I’ve said it before, but I hate sunroofs. I counteract the light in the cabin argument by not buying a car with a coalhole interior. The 7 has a sunroof, but as soon as you slide back the blind, cabin road noise doubles, never mind actually even opening the roof itself. So it stays shut.

The only examples I’ve liked have been in hire cars;

Nissan x-trail & Peugeot 308sw - one great big, sealed glass panel, effectively replacing the roof. That worked.

Vauxhall Astra where the top of the windscreen went back over your head. Absolutely great for Dutch traffic lights (unless you stop 20’ from the line, in the SL and the M6 I’ve got to lean forward to see them!). Obviously not popular though, as no bugger does it anymore.

dbdb

4,083 posts

139 months

Wednesday 12th May
quotequote all
My opinion of sunroofs varies by car. In those where there's enough headroom then I quite like them, but my XJ40's low roofline robs the car of sufficient space and the sunroof (or Sunshine roof as Jaguar called it) is one of the few things I dislike about my car.

Please can the thread not descend into identity politics. It's so all-pervasive on the Internet these days, I hope it does not infest this thread too.

d_a_n1979

2,929 posts

38 months

Wednesday 12th May
quotequote all
dbdb said:
My opinion of sunroofs varies by car. In those where there's enough headroom then I quite like them, but my XJ40's low roofline robs the car of sufficient space and the sunroof (or Sunshine roof as Jaguar called it) is one of the few things I dislike about my car.

Please can the thread not descend into identity politics. It's so all-pervasive on the Internet these days, I hope it does not infest this thread too.
Agree; most cars I've had have been without a sunroof as they dig into my bonce... At 6ft 4, they tend to get in the way mad

But; in my previous E65 7'er; the sunroof was superb, inches above my head and it was lovely to have it open over the summer months cool

LetsTryAgain

2,904 posts

39 months

Wednesday 12th May
quotequote all
This GS300 seems to have (largely) avoided the Covid price hike -

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/373566221706?hash=item5...

tog

4,016 posts

194 months

Wednesday 12th May
quotequote all
I like a sunroof, but I do prefer a steel sunroof that doesn't need a fiddly blind to cover it up. I like them for the fresh air, not the light.
TOPIC CLOSED
TOPIC CLOSED