Best smoker barges 1-5 large [Vol 19]

Best smoker barges 1-5 large [Vol 19]

Author
Discussion

phil_cardiff

5,355 posts

176 months

Friday 28th May
quotequote all
Macron said:
phil_cardiff said:
.
Good to see you too!
And you my friend!

Macron

6,527 posts

134 months

Friday 28th May
quotequote all
Here's a Volvo 940 estate which looks sheddy, and hides a 4.9 litre V8, apparently with a turbo. Amusement for our antique dealers.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/324612598987

kevinon

360 posts

28 months

Saturday 29th May
quotequote all
Lurker checking in to the BEST forum

Sahjahd

420 posts

13 months

Saturday 29th May
quotequote all
I am not certain what I make of these as a rule, almost every one I have seen is gangster black / black with black wheels and chavtints, but this one has a certain something, looks clean, has a reasonable MOT history, one previous, plenty of paperwork, and LHD always adds something, imo. And the proper engine.

"Sensible offers welcome." Could bring it in, or close to budget.

The setting is a bit industrial, but there is some gravel about, if one looks carefully.smile


https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/234020182810?hash=item3...


Pastie Bloater

694 posts

131 months

Saturday 29th May
quotequote all
Absolutely grim, much rather this £4k Caddy STS



https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/294178007580?hash=item4...

Baked_bean

1,670 posts

160 months

Saturday 29th May
quotequote all
r129sl said:
G got us to our overnight stop in Oundle. Boy was the A1 tediously busy. We ought to be able to do this journey in 3 hours but it took 4.5. Too late for dinner sadly. G behaved itself though slipped into limp home a mile out of town. Hopefully it’ll be ok when restarted tomorrow. I love driving. Speed limits really are the pits though.

Welcome, you are around the corner from me. I will be one of the annoying people out on my pushbike this morning.

Kayess5

85 posts

24 months

Saturday 29th May
quotequote all
A 2005 525i in delicious Green with the correct interior colour. Not bad at £3,000?

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202105242...


dscam

1,016 posts

155 months

Saturday 29th May
quotequote all
Kayess5 said:
A 2005 525i in delicious Green with the correct interior colour. Not bad at £3,000?

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202105242...

Great find. So nice to see a decent colour on an E60 and the interior is spot on. £3k does seem fair.

harrykul

2,704 posts

194 months

Saturday 29th May
quotequote all
Tom_Spotley_When said:
W00DY said:
On a scale of Prius to E65, how likely is it that one of these would throw up repair bills that exceed the fuel cost?
I'd struggle to find a better place to park £3.5k and have it v8 powered.
Checking in. That Jeep does seem really good!

Scrump

Original Poster:

14,760 posts

126 months

Saturday 29th May
quotequote all
Sahjahd said:
I am not certain what I make of these as a rule, almost every one I have seen is gangster black / black with black wheels and chavtints, but this one has a certain something, looks clean, has a reasonable MOT history, one previous, plenty of paperwork, and LHD always adds something, imo. And the proper engine.

"Sensible offers welcome." Could bring it in, or close to budget.

The setting is a bit industrial, but there is some gravel about, if one looks carefully.smile


https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/234020182810?hash=item3...

Top marks for an actual barge in the photo clap

golfer19

1,407 posts

101 months

Saturday 29th May
quotequote all
Checking in.

bolidemichael

5,637 posts

169 months

Saturday 29th May
quotequote all
dscam said:
Kayess5 said:
A 2005 525i in delicious Green with the correct interior colour. Not bad at £3,000?

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202105242...

Great find. So nice to see a decent colour on an E60 and the interior is spot on. £3k does seem fair.
My initial reaction is that a 5 series should possess a V8, to lug the weight effortlessly.

Pastie Bloater

694 posts

131 months

Saturday 29th May
quotequote all
Kayess5 said:
A 2005 525i in delicious Green with the correct interior colour. Not bad at £3,000?

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202105242...

Prefer dunkel esche but quite like that, good find.

dscam

1,016 posts

155 months

Saturday 29th May
quotequote all

dscam

1,016 posts

155 months

Saturday 29th May
quotequote all
bolidemichael said:
My initial reaction is that a 5 series should possess a V8, to lug the weight effortlessly.
Normally wouldn’t disagree Michael, but as we know with the V8 of this era you may not lug anything very effortlessly whilst laid-up with a terminal oil leak wink

dscam

1,016 posts

155 months

Saturday 29th May
quotequote all
Honest sounding LS400. Nice colours and DHP alloys:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/274808085269


W00DY

13,710 posts

194 months

Saturday 29th May
quotequote all
Kayess5 said:
A 2005 525i in delicious Green with the correct interior colour. Not bad at £3,000?

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202105242...

That looks a lot more appealing than most E60s and a good price too. thumbup

W201_190e

12,033 posts

181 months

Saturday 29th May
quotequote all
W00DY said:
That looks a lot more appealing than most E60s and a good price too. thumbup
You're right about that, I'm not even mad it isn't a 30i...

Northbrook

1,174 posts

31 months

Saturday 29th May
quotequote all
That LS is a lot of car for the money, if it's in good nick. Good colour, and looks noticeably lower than my non-DHP with DHP wheels.

BlackStang5point0

1,908 posts

181 months

Saturday 29th May
quotequote all