RE: Ringbrothers reveals new 'Caged' Ford Mustang

RE: Ringbrothers reveals new 'Caged' Ford Mustang

Author
Discussion

ZX10R NIN

24,380 posts

105 months

I'm a fan of their work this is nice but the DeTomaso (the only thing I'd change is the colour) Pantera.

biggbn

14,248 posts

200 months

DodgyGeezer said:
Oh, wow, some proper cars there. Beautiful

nismo48

1,114 posts

187 months

That looks bloody amazing, and Im sure will make the new owner a very happy person ..
The workmanship and attention to detail incredibile.. bow

greggy50

5,705 posts

171 months

Lovely

This one was also very impressive and built by the same people

https://youtu.be/MsOX9z59GsE

Super Sonic

1,466 posts

34 months

MightyBadger said:
Quiet like it, auto only?
Are you asking if this unique one-off bespoke custom built car is available with a manual box?

big_rob_sydney

3,063 posts

174 months

Saturday
quotequote all
As an object of "art", I think these kinds of things are incredible, and I really love it.

But, as a car to actually drive day to day (and I get it that some people will only drive it infrequently), I couldn't see myself driving it. Too many issues around potential vandalism, having an accident, and insurance issues, not to mention how you'd go repairing something so customised. I had a few issues with my 22B, and in the end, I got so fed up, I sold it.

I'd happily use a standard new (whatever) instead. Just sick of the headaches, and want something that you can just get in and go without having to worry about anything.

SidewaysSi

10,724 posts

214 months

Saturday
quotequote all
big_rob_sydney said:
As an object of "art", I think these kinds of things are incredible, and I really love it.

But, as a car to actually drive day to day (and I get it that some people will only drive it infrequently), I couldn't see myself driving it. Too many issues around potential vandalism, having an accident, and insurance issues, not to mention how you'd go repairing something so customised. I had a few issues with my 22B, and in the end, I got so fed up, I sold it.

I'd happily use a standard new (whatever) instead. Just sick of the headaches, and want something that you can just get in and go without having to worry about anything.
Money solves these minor issues.

DodgyGeezer

31,915 posts

170 months

Saturday
quotequote all
SidewaysSi said:
Money solves these minor issues.
and that's the thing - a lot of these works of art (and that is what they are) are bought by people who may be 'mildly inconvenienced' should the unthinkable happen. In some cases it'll be no different to you or I buying a £10k car

big_rob_sydney

3,063 posts

174 months

Saturday
quotequote all
DodgyGeezer said:
SidewaysSi said:
Money solves these minor issues.
and that's the thing - a lot of these works of art (and that is what they are) are bought by people who may be 'mildly inconvenienced' should the unthinkable happen. In some cases it'll be no different to you or I buying a £10k car
Ordinarily I might agree. But if a special build takes 4,000 hours, and someone crashes into it, then it's going to take a fair chunk of time to fix, no matter how much money you have. That means the bespoke car cant be appreciated while it's being repaired. And the other thing is, who is to say that the workshop is sitting there idle just waiting for you? They probably have many jobs lined up already, and you may be waiting in a queue for awhile before they start looking at your car.

If you had a standard car, and workshop could fix it. But with something like this, you'd more than likely want to take it back to its makers.

slk 32

1,404 posts

173 months

Saturday
quotequote all
big_rob_sydney said:
DodgyGeezer said:
SidewaysSi said:
Money solves these minor issues.
and that's the thing - a lot of these works of art (and that is what they are) are bought by people who may be 'mildly inconvenienced' should the unthinkable happen. In some cases it'll be no different to you or I buying a £10k car
Ordinarily I might agree. But if a special build takes 4,000 hours, and someone crashes into it, then it's going to take a fair chunk of time to fix, no matter how much money you have. That means the bespoke car cant be appreciated while it's being repaired. And the other thing is, who is to say that the workshop is sitting there idle just waiting for you? They probably have many jobs lined up already, and you may be waiting in a queue for awhile before they start looking at your car.

If you had a standard car, and workshop could fix it. But with something like this, you'd more than likely want to take it back to its makers.
I would imagine that the kind of person who has the wherewithal to buy one of these probably has at least half a dozen other cars so waiting for it to be repaired wouldn't be the end of the world.

Iain Tyrell has been restoring a £1.25m Miura for tge owner and it's been a couple of years now. I'm guessing he has other cars too.

As others have said, the people who buy these cars inhabit an entirely different universe to us mere mortals.

parabolica

6,012 posts

164 months

Saturday
quotequote all
Lovely looking thing but low profile tyres on a restromod are a big pet peeve of mine; more side wall and smaller, period correct wheel and it would be perfect.

Crafty_

13,076 posts

180 months

Saturday
quotequote all
parabolica said:
Lovely looking thing but low profile tyres on a restromod are a big pet peeve of mine; more side wall and smaller, period correct wheel and it would be perfect.
Agree, to my eye the track is too wide which has meant the use of a very "flat" wheel. The rear is a bit better, but still too wide. Form that point of view, this looks better, wheels tucked nicely in to the arches, rim has some lip to it. This one is used regularly for autocross it seems.



The ring bros car is superbly built though.

Burnham

3,665 posts

239 months

Yesterday (00:46)
quotequote all
I think I prefer the original cars proportions. Stunning thing though regardless.

big_rob_sydney

3,063 posts

174 months

Yesterday (09:59)
quotequote all
slk 32 said:
big_rob_sydney said:
DodgyGeezer said:
SidewaysSi said:
Money solves these minor issues.
and that's the thing - a lot of these works of art (and that is what they are) are bought by people who may be 'mildly inconvenienced' should the unthinkable happen. In some cases it'll be no different to you or I buying a £10k car
Ordinarily I might agree. But if a special build takes 4,000 hours, and someone crashes into it, then it's going to take a fair chunk of time to fix, no matter how much money you have. That means the bespoke car cant be appreciated while it's being repaired. And the other thing is, who is to say that the workshop is sitting there idle just waiting for you? They probably have many jobs lined up already, and you may be waiting in a queue for awhile before they start looking at your car.

If you had a standard car, and workshop could fix it. But with something like this, you'd more than likely want to take it back to its makers.
I would imagine that the kind of person who has the wherewithal to buy one of these probably has at least half a dozen other cars so waiting for it to be repaired wouldn't be the end of the world.

Iain Tyrell has been restoring a £1.25m Miura for tge owner and it's been a couple of years now. I'm guessing he has other cars too.

As others have said, the people who buy these cars inhabit an entirely different universe to us mere mortals.
I know there are people that have art (literally) hanging on their walls, and multiple paintings, etc all at once. Absolutely nothing wrong with that.

Fair play to them if they can do that with cars as well.

Maybe my problem is I'm jealous?