Most Beautiful Car Interiors

Most Beautiful Car Interiors

Author
Discussion

mat205125

16,340 posts

184 months

Monday 2nd February 2009
quotequote all
Ok, neither are what you'd call convventionally beautiful:

Morris 1000 - When the world and his wife were driving Sierras Cavaliers Escorts and Metros, and mat205125 was still in short trousers, my mums friend used to drive a classis minor as her daily car. I've many memories of spins around the block in it ... the smell of the cracked leather ... the massive speedo with only a handful of numbers, and just how "nice" it was



Then there is the Lagonda .... Utterly, utterly insane.





s3fella

10,523 posts

158 months

Monday 2nd February 2009
quotequote all
Nolar Dog said:


This. hehe
I've had one from new, just done over 100k miles this week! It's a great interior IMO, never get bored of it!! Still looks mint too !! !

My vote would be a Porsche 928 with chequered flag seats!!

Edited by s3fella on Monday 2nd February 20:46

groomi

Original Poster:

9,283 posts

214 months

Monday 2nd February 2009
quotequote all
s3fella said:
Nolar Dog said:


This. hehe
I've had one from new, just done over 100k miles this week! It's a great interior IMO, never get bored of it!! Still looks mint too !! !
That's a lot of miles to do in one day - especially in snow!

Don1

14,864 posts

179 months

Monday 2nd February 2009
quotequote all
G'kar said:
80's-tastic there!

My choice (biast, I know). TVR Sagaris.

enioldjoe

1,062 posts

182 months

Monday 2nd February 2009
quotequote all
Shamelessly taken from a previous thread and without any permission from it's rightful owner ( string me up if you will ), I hereby give you the winning entry. I thank you bowtie.

jhoneyball said:

alfabadass

1,850 posts

170 months

Monday 2nd February 2009
quotequote all
Los Angeles said:
Ravell said:
IMO the Tuscan deserves a mention for beauty.
yes I think I said on an earlier page, in black, the Tuscan's interior is like a Versaci suit of armour. A great blend of simplicity and the tactile.
Simplicity?

Looks designed.

Something that Prince would drive!

Here's something simple but modern with a hint of subtle italian style.



Edited by alfabadass on Monday 2nd February 21:10

RWA28

703 posts

195 months

Monday 2nd February 2009
quotequote all
Ravell said:
I cant believe the number of BMW interiors posted! I'm a huge fan of BMW's myself and their interiors are deffinitly functional and usualy well designed and can look quite nice, but they just aren't drop dead gorgeous.

IMO the Tuscan deserves a mention for beauty.

Couldn't agree more with this one. Mainly as it's my car!!!!! wink
I'm not bothered but got to ask how you ended up with that pic!! smile

alfabadass

1,850 posts

170 months

Monday 2nd February 2009
quotequote all

m8tt c

62 posts

161 months

Monday 2nd February 2009
quotequote all
Makes me happy being here!


jackal

11,240 posts

253 months

Monday 2nd February 2009
quotequote all
alfabadass said:
Los Angeles said:
Ravell said:
IMO the Tuscan deserves a mention for beauty.
yes I think I said on an earlier page, in black, the Tuscan's interior is like a Versaci suit of armour. A great blend of simplicity and the tactile.
Simplicity?

Looks designed.

Something that Prince would drive!



Edited by alfabadass on Monday 2nd February 21:10
well said..

its the reason why i generally dislike TVR interiors
they are over-designed, over-fashioned and contain way too much bullst factor

they do kind of look impressive but in terms of actually owning one, i'd feel a bit embarrased and out of place

groomi

Original Poster:

9,283 posts

214 months

Monday 2nd February 2009
quotequote all
Los Angeles said:
m8tt c said:
Makes me happy being here!
Beautiful. Attention to period tradition and detail superb. Always wondered why the dash runs short, passenger side. Any explanation?
Presumably a true nod to tradition where the dash was simply somewhere to put the instruments.

groomi

Original Poster:

9,283 posts

214 months

Monday 2nd February 2009
quotequote all
Los Angeles said:
groomi said:
Presumably a true nod to tradition where the dash was simply somewhere to put the instruments.
It's an irritation to the eye, the lack of symmetry, as if it's incomplete.
It's only because your mind has been conditioned to expect it to go all the way across.

Ron Burgundy

3,296 posts

157 months

Monday 2nd February 2009
quotequote all
jackal said:
alfabadass said:
Los Angeles said:
Ravell said:
IMO the Tuscan deserves a mention for beauty.
yes I think I said on an earlier page, in black, the Tuscan's interior is like a Versaci suit of armour. A great blend of simplicity and the tactile.
Simplicity?

Looks designed.

Something that Prince would drive!



Edited by alfabadass on Monday 2nd February 21:10
well said..

its the reason why i generally dislike TVR interiors
they are over-designed, over-fashioned and contain way too much bullst factor

they do kind of look impressive but in terms of actually owning one, i'd feel a bit embarrased and out of place
She says owning a bright yellow piece of st!

HAB

3,632 posts

198 months

Monday 2nd February 2009
quotequote all
ron burgubdy said:
She says owning a bright yellow piece of st!
Are you 5?

Westy Pre-Lit

5,064 posts

174 months

Monday 2nd February 2009
quotequote all
Is it just me that every BMW/AUDI/MERC dash in this thread makes me want to yawn?

jackal

11,240 posts

253 months

Monday 2nd February 2009
quotequote all
Ron Burgundy said:
jackal said:
alfabadass said:
Los Angeles said:
Ravell said:
IMO the Tuscan deserves a mention for beauty.
yes I think I said on an earlier page, in black, the Tuscan's interior is like a Versaci suit of armour. A great blend of simplicity and the tactile.
Simplicity?

Looks designed.

Something that Prince would drive!



Edited by alfabadass on Monday 2nd February 21:10
well said..

its the reason why i generally dislike TVR interiors
they are over-designed, over-fashioned and contain way too much bullst factor

they do kind of look impressive but in terms of actually owning one, i'd feel a bit embarrased and out of place
She says owning a bright yellow piece of st!
Ron, don't let my personal opinion theaten you

I never said you had to agree with me or that I was definitively right. And my view on TVR interiors are not a slight on you personally, like as a human being... Honest !

maybe consider editing your response... its a bit aggressive IMO and unecessary, just the sort of knee jerk hostility that is turning PH just alittle bit sour of late

190E Matt

6,611 posts

185 months

Monday 2nd February 2009
quotequote all
jackal said:
alfabadass said:
Los Angeles said:
Ravell said:
IMO the Tuscan deserves a mention for beauty.
yes I think I said on an earlier page, in black, the Tuscan's interior is like a Versaci suit of armour. A great blend of simplicity and the tactile.
Simplicity?

Looks designed.

Something that Prince would drive!



Edited by alfabadass on Monday 2nd February 21:10
well said..

its the reason why i generally dislike TVR interiors
they are over-designed, over-fashioned and contain way too much bullst factor

they do kind of look impressive but in terms of actually owning one, i'd feel a bit embarrased and out of place
The whole idea of a TVR is that you have a car with Porsche performance, but rather than conservative, typical German styling what you have is something wonderfully and outrageously bonkers. There was a Tuscan S at a PH meet I attended the other day and it was just superb, the whole styling (exterior and interior) has a real panache and zest about it.

It's the sort of thing that just makes you go "wow!" Unless of course you have no soul.

Edited by 190E Matt on Monday 2nd February 23:29

G'kar

3,728 posts

157 months

Monday 2nd February 2009
quotequote all
Los Angeles said:
anonymous said:
[redacted]
thumbup
But in't a flaw in, or slight lack of, symmetry often percieved as more attractive...?

jackal

11,240 posts

253 months

Monday 2nd February 2009
quotequote all
G'kar said:
Los Angeles said:
anonymous said:
[redacted]
thumbup
But in't a flaw in, or slight lack of, symmetry often percieved as more attractive...?
damm right

jackal

11,240 posts

253 months

Monday 2nd February 2009
quotequote all
190E Matt said:
The whole idea of a TVR is that you have a car with Porsche performance, but rather than conservative, typical German styling what you have is something wonderfully and outrageously bonkers. There was a Tuscan S at a PH meet I attended the other day and it was just superb, the whole styling (exterior and interior) has a real panache and zest about it.

It's the sort of thing that just makes you go "wow!" Unless of course you have no soul.
don't especially like restrained german interiors...

I just find TVR interiors a bit overdone and hence they border on being just a little bit tacky and affected

hvaing said that, ive always given then maxiumum kudos for doing what they do and esp. with such individuality.... just not my cup of tea