Mercedes 500E W124

Author
Discussion

rocket377

Original Poster:

180 posts

173 months

Monday 8th February 2010
quotequote all
Found a Mercedes 500E W124 today......been sat up for quite a while.

Anyone got one?




soad

31,930 posts

163 months

Monday 8th February 2010
quotequote all
Haven't got one, but do like the look of them.

firman

1,407 posts

180 months

Monday 8th February 2010
quotequote all
Surely to find it you must of lost it at some point and that begs the question how did you lose something that size?? laugh

Vixpy1

42,569 posts

251 months

Monday 8th February 2010
quotequote all
Is it for sale?


snotrag

13,859 posts

198 months

Monday 8th February 2010
quotequote all
Vixpy1 said:
Is it for sale?


Like a laser guided uber-barge seeking missile... rofl

sday12

5,035 posts

198 months

Monday 8th February 2010
quotequote all
rocket377 said:
Found a Mercedes 500E W124 today......been sat up for quite a while.

Anyone got one?
Apparently you have

rocket377

Original Poster:

180 posts

173 months

Monday 8th February 2010
quotequote all
firman said:
Surely to find it you must of lost it at some point and that begs the question how did you lose something that size?? laugh
When you have a collection of cars strewn across 3 counties in various states, its easy to lose cars biggrin


rocket377

Original Poster:

180 posts

173 months

Monday 8th February 2010
quotequote all
Vixpy1 said:
Is it for sale?
Definitely not. laugh

Vixpy1

42,569 posts

251 months

Monday 8th February 2010
quotequote all
rocket377 said:
firman said:
Surely to find it you must of lost it at some point and that begs the question how did you lose something that size?? laugh
When you have a collection of cars strewn across 3 counties in various states, its easy to lose cars biggrin
Don't I know it hehe

Go oooon, sell it to me laugh

Ray Singh

3,039 posts

217 months

Monday 8th February 2010
quotequote all
That was the one that Porsche helped make?

500E and E500 Mercedes - stunning cars only LHD afaik.

V8mate

45,899 posts

176 months

Monday 8th February 2010
quotequote all
rocket377 said:
Vixpy1 said:
Is it for sale?
Definitely not. laugh
How can you be so sure?

Vixpy1

42,569 posts

251 months

Monday 8th February 2010
quotequote all
V8mate said:
rocket377 said:
Vixpy1 said:
Is it for sale?
Definitely not. laugh
How can you be so sure?
I would guess its his hehe

V8mate

45,899 posts

176 months

Monday 8th February 2010
quotequote all
Vixpy1 said:
V8mate said:
rocket377 said:
Vixpy1 said:
Is it for sale?
Definitely not. laugh
How can you be so sure?
I would guess its his hehe
Wouldn't he have said 'Bought a 500E today' rather than 'found a 500E today' then?

dmcrobin

233 posts

217 months

Sunday 21st February 2010
quotequote all
I've got one, great car, built by Porsche in Stuttgart for Mercedes, all LHD.







PeteG

4,259 posts

198 months

Sunday 21st February 2010
quotequote all
Robin, that is awesome. Love them, I know someone with one and I keep hoping he'll leave the keys unattended...

Matt UK

17,014 posts

187 months

Sunday 21st February 2010
quotequote all
dmcrobin said:
Oooh, is that a G-Wagen in the background?

dmcrobin

233 posts

217 months

Sunday 21st February 2010
quotequote all
Yup, 91 300GE SWB




Rocksteadyeddie

7,971 posts

214 months

Sunday 21st February 2010
quotequote all
There is a guy near me that has one for sale in silver. Very original. Pile of paperwork. Affordable. I keep having to close my eyes, and chant "la, la, la, la, la" when I drive past... which has proved more than a little dangerous!


ph123

1,841 posts

205 months

Sunday 21st February 2010
quotequote all
IMHO, they are brilliant.
Time was when all the F1 guys used them.
Looks like a taxi, goes like the wind.
Limited number, short supply.
Along with Integrale, a real sleeper for the future ...

RSPhilip

252 posts

194 months

Sunday 21st February 2010
quotequote all
I run one as a daily in Dubai and love it...I was running my 993RS daily but started to feel sick as the mileage started to rack up.

Need to get a new exhaust though to release some of that silky V8 grumble.