The GT3 and RS avoidance thread!

The GT3 and RS avoidance thread!

Author
Discussion

BrotherMouzone

2,575 posts

132 months

Tuesday 16th January 2018
quotequote all
Can’t find the two threads now but there was a black 996.2 that crashed at Rockingham one or two years ago?

Also the silver 996.2 CS sold at (and returned to) a well known specialist.

cuda

436 posts

198 months

Tuesday 16th January 2018
quotequote all
Would love to find a tatty high mile RS and be able to spank it around a track without worrying about value or resale etc etc...

Any ideas?

BrotherMouzone

2,575 posts

132 months

Sunday 28th January 2018
quotequote all
Fl0pp3r said:
Other thread about this one:

https://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&...

Black 997 GT3
WP0ZZZ99Z7S791669
Reg number EJ07YSY



v8ksn

4,687 posts

142 months

Monday 16th April 2018
quotequote all
Another one for the list....

adbett said:
Posting on here cautiously but I'd like to share some knowledge of my old GT3 as a black GT3 with the same registration - LX54 CZL - is currently for sale in the classifieds (not PH).

I owned this car up to mid 2016 and was the owner when it was declared an insurance total loss due to accident damage on track

So if you are considering purchasing the vehicle please make sure to ask the seller about the history and repair work undertaken

I've no knowledge or connection with the car since 2016 and making no judgement on the current seller
Thank you adbett

n12maser

383 posts

50 months

Tuesday 24th April 2018
quotequote all
this crook is back, trying to sell this crashed red 996.2 GT3 with an incredibly misleading advert: https://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/...

GT3 SEEKERS, AVOID AT ALL COSTS!

See the background here on the 911uk forum - http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=118405&postda...


cuda

436 posts

198 months

Wednesday 30th May 2018
quotequote all
unclepezza said:
Probably hit some standing water on the entry running the OEM tyres (cups) :-) One can only imagine on how this happened?

Does anyone know the reg of this car.....?

Jim1556

1,646 posts

114 months

Wednesday 30th May 2018
quotequote all
Dunno, but there was a cat C/D car on AutoTrader the other day, maybe the same car?

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/2018...

ETA, different rear lights, so maybe not...

Digga

31,485 posts

241 months

Wednesday 30th May 2018
quotequote all
Jim1556 said:
Dunno, but there was a cat C/D car on AutoTrader the other day, maybe the same car?

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/2018...

ETA, different rear lights, so maybe not...
They are both 997.2 GT3 RS, so very possibly the same car.

marky911

3,893 posts

177 months

Wednesday 30th May 2018
quotequote all
cuda said:
Does anyone know the reg of this car.....?
That's an old one. Happened years ago.
Aqua-planed off the dual carriageway into the services.
I don't know the reg though.

Alpinestars

13,397 posts

202 months

Thursday 31st May 2018
quotequote all
marky911 said:
cuda said:
Does anyone know the reg of this car.....?
That's an old one. Happened years ago.
Aqua-planed off the dual carriageway into the services.
I don't know the reg though.
It was one of the first RS’ in the country IIRC. The same guy then bought the signal yellow RS which i bought.

LaSource

2,466 posts

166 months

Thursday 31st May 2018
quotequote all
Alpinestars said:
It was one of the first RS’ in the country IIRC. The same guy then bought the signal yellow RS which i bought.
...which you need to sell to me!

Alpinestars

13,397 posts

202 months

Thursday 31st May 2018
quotequote all
LaSource said:
Alpinestars said:
It was one of the first RS’ in the country IIRC. The same guy then bought the signal yellow RS which i bought.
...which you need to sell to me!
Nooooooooooooo!

GT2rainge

189 posts

154 months

Monday 4th June 2018
quotequote all
Does anyone know any history or come across a 997 gt3 clubsport reg mx56pfe

ian harvey

12 posts

31 months

Thursday 7th June 2018
quotequote all
Don't go to OPC Leeds if you've got a GT3RS itch to scratch. Called in today and as well as a 918, 991 GT2RS and a white with red 991R, they had numerous examples of the last three GT3 RSs. As luck would have it they were moving them all outside so I experienced a very tuneful 15 minutes....Expensive, mind.

petrolbloke

374 posts

115 months

Monday 11th June 2018
quotequote all
I saw a grey, left hand drive GT3 RS crash on Saturday morning:
https://www.cornwalllive.com/news/porsche-911-cras...
Although it was LHD it had UK plates on, I think the reg started W3.

Quite a scary thing to witness. The driver was overtaking 2 cars and a lorry and clipped the verge on the RHS then lost control and went up the bank on the RHS.

Looking at the state of the car after the crash I wouldn't have thought it would be much of it would be salvageable but you never know...!

Myf Owen

22 posts

33 months

Monday 11th June 2018
quotequote all
Reading this thread, one of my favourite car adverts springs to mind.

Joehow

308 posts

73 months

Tuesday 12th June 2018
quotequote all
Myf Owen said:
Reading this thread, one of my favourite car adverts springs to mind.
Shame thats not a real ad!

MDL111

4,872 posts

135 months

Tuesday 12th June 2018
quotequote all
Alpinestars said:
LaSource said:
Alpinestars said:
It was one of the first RS’ in the country IIRC. The same guy then bought the signal yellow RS which i bought.
...which you need to sell to me!
Nooooooooooooo!
argh still remember that advert - was so annoyed at the time that I did not have a spare 90ish k ...at least I think that was roughly the price
my favourite 997.2 RS

Alpinestars

13,397 posts

202 months

Tuesday 12th June 2018
quotequote all
MDL111 said:
argh still remember that advert - was so annoyed at the time that I did not have a spare 90ish k ...at least I think that was roughly the price
my favourite 997.2 RS
If I had a penny every time someone said that. La Source reminds me about it often. wink.

I remember going to see it the day the ad went up, having a bit of a row with Russ, and making him an offer the next day. Lucky timing.

But having bought it, I decided to sell spider man as I didn’t need 2 3.8s. Bad mistake. Looked amazing in the flesh.



Edited by Alpinestars on Tuesday 12th June 14:26

v8ksn

4,687 posts

142 months

Tuesday 12th June 2018
quotequote all
Alpinestars said:


Edited by Alpinestars on Tuesday 12th June 14:26
That is a nice car but not a patch on the Signal yellow! lick

Please post a pic of the signal yellow RS again, I blummin love that car!

I remember seeing it and thinking '....a couple of years and i'll have that...' cloud9