991.2 GT3 RS batch '2' GPF?

991.2 GT3 RS batch '2' GPF?

Author
Discussion

Gitana991

89 posts

5 months

Wednesday 1st May
quotequote all
gt3rswp said:
Wheel colour?
For mine in LG and WP I went for the black magnesium wheels. On my first batch one I had LG and the black wheels with the green rim surround

Taffy66

2,673 posts

47 months

Wednesday 1st May
quotequote all
After having a nice friendly chat with my OPC's SA today(and wasting his time), he informed me that all three of their RS allocations including mine will be Black WP..yikes
Still procrastinating on whether i stick with the Platinum Mag wheels..I like all three colours especially the gold ones however still not so keen with the yellow PCCBs.


gt3rswp

Original Poster:

64 posts

5 months

Wednesday 1st May
quotequote all


Best pic of mag wheels I could find.

Gitana991

89 posts

5 months

Wednesday 1st May
quotequote all
Taffy66 said:
After having a nice friendly chat with my OPC's SA today(and wasting his time), he informed me that all three of their RS allocations including mine will be Black WP..yikes
Still procrastinating on whether i stick with the Platinum Mag wheels..I like all three colours especially the gold ones however still not so keen with the yellow PCCBs.

I would almost play the full black and go for magnesium black with yellow callipers (well PCCB) as the 3RS sticker breaks it a bit. And the cage in titanium is a bit of a contrast which can be seen a bit from outside. But then I would go yellow stitching and this may not be what you chose?

A1mjb

130 posts

92 months

Thursday 2nd May
quotequote all
gt3rswp said:
A1mjb said:
Gitana991 said:
A1mjb said:
Thanks !!
hard part was colour choice changed my mind at least 3 times
So may we ask which colours and which colours you went for?! It is always exciting to be in a position to spec, purchase and drive one of these special cars!
Wheel colour?
Platinum

A1mjb

130 posts

92 months

Saturday 4th May
quotequote all
Had the call yesterday I got an allocation
Specced today and asked the big questions

Has wtlp been approved YES last week
Gpf filter fitted Yes
ITB fitted NO only fitted on speedster

Regarding carbon parts my SE informs me
You can’t fit carbon vents to the front wings
As they are bonded to the wings
So fitting the rear vents in carbon may look a bit naff

Cheib

16,771 posts

120 months

Saturday 4th May
quotequote all
Taffy66 said:
After having a nice friendly chat with my OPC's SA today(and wasting his time), he informed me that all three of their RS allocations including mine will be Black WP..yikes
Still procrastinating on whether i stick with the Platinum Mag wheels..I like all three colours especially the gold ones however still not so keen with the yellow PCCBs.

I know these are BBS wheels but I though Chris Harris’s Touring looked the nuts


footsoldier

1,450 posts

137 months

Saturday 4th May
quotequote all
GPF pics from Rennlist


Robbo66

3,417 posts

178 months

Saturday 4th May
quotequote all
That’s it, I’m cancelling. Car has been utterly ruined.
My source has never been wrong before, but was this time, so is now categorised as a ‘Little Player’ alongside me. I feel somehow.. ‘dirty’.
I prostrate myself at the Martini socked feet of the SOA.

blackmamba

552 posts

181 months

Saturday 4th May
quotequote all
Robbo66 said:
That’s it, I’m cancelling. Car has been utterly ruined.
My source has never been wrong before, but was this time, so is now categorised as a ‘Little Player’ alongside me. I feel somehow.. ‘dirty’.
I prostrate myself at the Martini socked feet of the SOA.
Too much glue this morning?

Robbo66

3,417 posts

178 months

Saturday 4th May
quotequote all
blackmamba said:
Robbo66 said:
That’s it, I’m cancelling. Car has been utterly ruined.
My source has never been wrong before, but was this time, so is now categorised as a ‘Little Player’ alongside me. I feel somehow.. ‘dirty’.
I prostrate myself at the Martini socked feet of the SOA.
Too much glue this morning?
Needed it after reading this thread...wearing off now so fettling for an early morning thrash...can’t drive after a good glue session.

Taffy66

2,673 posts

47 months

Saturday 4th May
quotequote all
Robbo66 said:
Needed it after reading this thread...wearing off now so fettling for an early morning thrash...can’t drive after a good glue session.
Why are you even bothering to read this thread.?.....its obviously causing you a great deal of stress and grief..!

Edited by Taffy66 on Saturday 4th May 17:03

Taffy66

2,673 posts

47 months

Saturday 4th May
quotequote all
footsoldier said:
GPF pics from Rennlist

I'm pretty sure that's the underside of the Speedster and not the RS..On the Speedster the side mufflers have been totally replaced by the new GPFs..Not the most aesthetically pleasing and compact solution i must admit..however rules are rules which are not Porsche's fault.

Robbo66

3,417 posts

178 months

Saturday 4th May
quotequote all
Taffy66 said:
Why are you even bothering to read this thread.?.....its obviously causing you a great deal of stress and grief..!

Edited by Taffy66 on Saturday 4th May 17:03
Just cut the grass and needed some light relief, which you do provide, so appreciated.

DT398

1,582 posts

93 months

Saturday 4th May
quotequote all
Here’s the underside of a first batch Gen2 RS without filter for comparison.

R8_BAV

46 posts

46 months

Saturday 4th May
quotequote all
footsoldier said:
GPF pics from Rennlist

That’s the underside of a speedster so still not completely conclusive regarding the RS. I wonder why they have added those little Naca ducts to the undertray.

A1mjb

130 posts

92 months

Sunday 5th May
quotequote all
blackmamba said:
Robbo66 said:
That’s it, I’m cancelling. Car has been utterly ruined.
My source has never been wrong before, but was this time, so is now categorised as a ‘Little Player’ alongside me. I feel somehow.. ‘dirty’.
I prostrate myself at the Martini socked feet of the SOA.
Too much glue this morning?
Anyone got a picture of 3rs.2 without the GPF
That looks like a lorry exhaust or was the welder in a hurry to finish

hunter 66

2,808 posts

165 months

Sunday 5th May
quotequote all
DT398 said:
Here’s the underside of a first batch Gen2 RS without filter for comparison.
This is without , finally changed to Cup 2 s on mine after 5k miles and 4 track days on the Dunlops ....

A1mjb

130 posts

92 months

Sunday 5th May
quotequote all
R8_BAV said:
footsoldier said:
GPF pics from Rennlist

That’s the underside of a speedster so still not completely conclusive regarding the RS. I wonder why they have added those little Naca ducts to the undertray.
Those NACA ducts must be for downforce as no rear wing also that diffuser has straight thro airways I imagine this creates downforce and stability ?

gtsralph

833 posts

89 months

Sunday 5th May
quotequote all
DT398 said:
Here’s the underside of a first batch Gen2 RS without filter for comparison.
DT398 said:
Here’s the underside of a first batch Gen2 RS without filter for comparison.
Won't the GPF have to be close to the cylinder head to get the higher temperatures required for regeneration?