Wheres all the GT3s for sale?

Wheres all the GT3s for sale?

Author
Discussion

Claret m

30 posts

37 months

Friday 16th April
quotequote all
n12maser said:
I've been keeping an eye on 991.1 GT3 for sale.

3 of them I had bookmarked before things opened up all sold across monday/tuesday this week. now they're less than 100k it seems a good deal, considering the 10 yr engine warranty & ability to extend.

I'd love one if could afford it!
Speak to Greig, he might have one just coming in!


http://www.rpmtechnik.co.uk/

Melvynr

928 posts

19 months

Friday 16th April
quotequote all
throt said:
PDK the best hehe

Use it as a daily too. 991.2 GT3 with it is awesome, bit of traffic, so what, in auto, happy days.

Still think I would go for it too in a 992.
Totally agree and would never buy a manual.

CloudStuff

2,718 posts

72 months

Friday 16th April
quotequote all
Melvynr said:
throt said:
PDK the best hehe

Use it as a daily too. 991.2 GT3 with it is awesome, bit of traffic, so what, in auto, happy days.

Still think I would go for it too in a 992.
Totally agree and would never buy a manual.
I used to think the same way - had a series of pdk cars. I’ve just bought a manual 991 GT3 and I think it’s better in stop start traffic.

Drove it to Cornwall and back this week, knocking into neutral is easy.

What do you do in stop-start that makes it easier? Stand on the brakes - that’s far from ideal?


Edited by CloudStuff on Friday 16th April 21:57

av185

13,747 posts

95 months

Friday 16th April
quotequote all
CloudStuff said:
Melvynr said:
throt said:
PDK the best hehe

Use it as a daily too. 991.2 GT3 with it is awesome, bit of traffic, so what, in auto, happy days.

Still think I would go for it too in a 992.
Totally agree and would never buy a manual.
I used to think the same way - had a series of pdk cars. I’ve just bought a manual 991 GT3 and I think it’s better in stop start traffic.

Drove it to Cornwall and back this week, knocking into neutral is easy.

What to you do in stop-start that makes it easier? Stand on the brakes - that’s far from ideal?
Having had both PDK S and manual 991 GT3s I agree the manual is far better and vrucially way more involving imo especially with the flatshift option.

The light clutch is hardly extra work either for those who prefer an easier life lol.

Both great gearboxes though.

Melvynr

928 posts

19 months

Saturday 17th April
quotequote all
......

Edited by Melvynr on Saturday 17th April 04:43

Melvynr

928 posts

19 months

Saturday 17th April
quotequote all
Melvynr said:
CloudStuff said:
Melvynr said:
throt said:
PDK the best hehe

Use it as a daily too. 991.2 GT3 with it is awesome, bit of traffic, so what, in auto, happy days.

Still think I would go for it too in a 992.
Totally agree and would never buy a manual.
I used to think the same way - had a series of pdk cars. I’ve just bought a manual 991 GT3 and I think it’s better in stop start traffic.

Drove it to Cornwall and back this week, knocking into neutral is easy.

What do you do in stop-start that makes it easier? Stand on the brakes - that’s far from ideal?


Edited by CloudStuff on Friday 16th April 21:57
Hi, I dont use it as a daily so stop start traffic does not bother me,PDKS does not have a creep function so no need to press hard on brake , I like the seamless gear change that a PDK/DCT box gives at speed and like to use the tip function with the stick.I remember losing a shift at high numbers in a manual Carrera and M3, it wasn't nice.
No doubt the manual box is superb, but so is the pdk.

CloudStuff

2,718 posts

72 months

Saturday 17th April
quotequote all
Melvynr said:
Melvynr said:
CloudStuff said:
Melvynr said:
throt said:
PDK the best hehe

Use it as a daily too. 991.2 GT3 with it is awesome, bit of traffic, so what, in auto, happy days.

Still think I would go for it too in a 992.
Totally agree and would never buy a manual.
I used to think the same way - had a series of pdk cars. I’ve just bought a manual 991 GT3 and I think it’s better in stop start traffic.

Drove it to Cornwall and back this week, knocking into neutral is easy.

What do you do in stop-start that makes it easier? Stand on the brakes - that’s far from ideal?


Edited by CloudStuff on Friday 16th April 21:57
Hi, I dont use it as a daily so stop start traffic does not bother me,PDKS does not have a creep function so no need to press hard on brake , I like the seamless gear change that a PDK/DCT box gives at speed and like to use the tip function with the stick.I remember losing a shift at high numbers in a manual Carrera and M3, it wasn't nice.
No doubt the manual box is superb, but so is the pdk.
Oh yeah, I should be clear that the pdk box is amazing and I’ve spent many thousands of mikes enjoying it!

D.no

629 posts

180 months

Saturday 17th April
quotequote all
Jmracing66 said:
I can understand why someone would want a more road focused tyre on their car. My GT3 has MPS 4S on it. I don't want to get caught out in a downpour on a motorway after a very scary experience with a 996 GT3 and some R888 tyres !
I get that.

There are a handful of great road-focussed tyres out there that would enable maximum driving pleasure from any Porsche in average UK conditions. Potenza's aren't one of them, but at least they keep the rims off the road for the purpose of selling a car and maximising margins - the only logical reason for them being fitted to a GT3.

Conversely, I would view MPS 4S (or Cups) on a car like this as an indicator that the seller cares about dynamics, is a well informed enthusiast, and doesn't penny-pinch

braddo

7,754 posts

156 months

Saturday 17th April
quotequote all
Are the Potenzas really that bad? I don’t imagine so; a GT3’s limits are still very high with virtually any tyre (in the dry at least).

For a car that doesn’t doesn’t go on track I can see merit in choosing tyres that aren’t the absolute kings of grip so that the car’s limits are just a bit lower, to deliver more enjoyment on the road.

cossers

2,673 posts

108 months

Saturday 17th April
quotequote all
Melvynr said:
......

Edited by Melvynr on Saturday 17th April 04:43
Did you leave a dot out?

D.no

629 posts

180 months

Saturday 17th April
quotequote all
braddo said:
Are the Potenzas really that bad?
Yes. Not too bad if it's dry and cracking the flags - so maybe on 3 days a year in the UK they're ok.

Melvynr

928 posts

19 months

Saturday 17th April
quotequote all
cossers said:
Did you leave a dot out?
Haha , nope, doing a reply on stupid phone , it don't think like I do .laugh

cossers

2,673 posts

108 months

Saturday 17th April
quotequote all
Melvynr said:
cossers said:
Did you leave a dot out?
Haha , nope, doing a reply on stupid phone , it don't think like I do .laugh
laugh

g7jhp

6,578 posts

206 months

Monday 19th April
quotequote all
D.no said:
RC1 said:
well heres an interesting one thats popped up for anyone in the market

being cobalt blue its obviously a little bit faster than the others

https://redlinespecialistcars.co.uk/used-cars/pors...
Looks absolutely stunning. Needs a tyre swap though.
Sure it's appreciated by £3k in a week, must be an investment vehicle. biglaugh

RC1

Original Poster:

3,983 posts

187 months

Monday 19th April
quotequote all
once a similar car comes up through the opc network we should get a realistic ceiling price... at that point i reckon redline will reduce theirs

i dont see low mile gen 1s CS' with ceramics going for close to 90k this summer

GT4RS

2,753 posts

165 months

Monday 19th April
quotequote all
g7jhp said:
D.no said:
RC1 said:
well heres an interesting one thats popped up for anyone in the market

being cobalt blue its obviously a little bit faster than the others

https://redlinespecialistcars.co.uk/used-cars/pors...
Looks absolutely stunning. Needs a tyre swap though.
Sure it's appreciated by £3k in a week, must be an investment vehicle. biglaugh
I believe this is the third time this car has been advertised for sale this year. I’m sure it started off at 75k

D.no

629 posts

180 months

Tuesday 20th April
quotequote all
RC1 said:
i dont see low mile gen 1s CS' with ceramics going for close to 90k this summer
Why? If that happens to be the criteria, try finding another....

Chris355

718 posts

164 months

Tuesday 20th April
quotequote all
Lots of white gt3 cars for sale at £90k (ish) with buckets (no pccb). Cheapest OPC club sport car with pccb and buckets is currently £100k.

Moderator edit: no wanted ads please

RC1

Original Poster:

3,983 posts

187 months

Tuesday 20th April
quotequote all
im talking specifically about 997.1 gt3s. i dont seem them being sold for close to 90k this summer. why? same reason as anyone else that has an opinion.

cayman-black

10,520 posts

184 months

Tuesday 20th April
quotequote all