How would you spec your 992 GTS?

How would you spec your 992 GTS?

Author
Discussion

Dortmund_911_Fanboy

19 posts

15 months

Thursday 12th May
quotequote all
I’m waiting on my car too. Had factory collection booked for 19/5/22, it’s now been delayed to 25/5/22. I will check with the OPC here in Hagen and find out if they have any details on the software update, and any delay estimates, will share what I find out.

Hobo

5,296 posts

223 months

Thursday 12th May
quotequote all
The stop campaign is to be lifted w/c 16th when no doubt the updates will be run, so I'm assuming the updates could be as early as the 16th, but as late as the 20th, so they will still be not booking in collections at present until known.

I'm provisionally collecting mine on the Friday 20th, as I'm away most of the week anyway.

Sy1441

897 posts

137 months

Thursday 12th May
quotequote all
OPC Glasgow had a very tastefully spec'd Crayon GTS available for sale today new.

SamL

41 posts

151 months

Thursday 12th May
quotequote all
Hobo said:
The stop campaign is to be lifted w/c 16th when no doubt the updates will be run, so I'm assuming the updates could be as early as the 16th, but as late as the 20th, so they will still be not booking in collections at present until known.

I'm provisionally collecting mine on the Friday 20th, as I'm away most of the week anyway.
Are the updates over the air or plug it in?

Davidkn

314 posts

81 months

Friday 13th May
quotequote all
not seen a PTS colour yet, has anyone else got a PTS car on order?

Mine has been put back to the end of July now, was originally end of June.

paul0843

1,772 posts

184 months

Friday 13th May
quotequote all
Davidkn said:
not seen a PTS colour yet, has anyone else got a PTS car on order?

Mine has been put back to the end of July now, was originally end of June.
Mine too,end of July,so I can only assume they finish them off in batches.
Nardo grey cab.
What colour are you waiting for ?
Paul

Hobo

5,296 posts

223 months

Friday 13th May
quotequote all
SamL said:
Are the updates over the air or plug it in?
Not sure, but would assume plug in.

FMR

84 posts

36 months

Friday 13th May
quotequote all
Sy1441 said:
OPC Glasgow had a very tastefully spec'd Crayon GTS available for sale today new.
When I asked about that one they said it was for the showroom only, it is nice.

julian987R

3,361 posts

36 months

Saturday 14th May
quotequote all
This looks rather special in PTS Night Blue

https://www.tomhartley.com/used-car-details/used-p...





Davidkn

314 posts

81 months

Sunday 15th May
quotequote all
paul0843 said:
Mine too,end of July,so I can only assume they finish them off in batches.
Nardo grey cab.
What colour are you waiting for ?
Paul
Yes PTS are definitely done in batches, ive gone for Signal Yellow cab.

Bit disappointing you cant go for the black gloss pack or the body coloured air vent flats with PTS, not options I wanted, but PTS is more important.

SamL

41 posts

151 months

Sunday 15th May
quotequote all
Things just got very real! Apparently it’s already in the UK but this just appeared in the app today!


Schuey_911

317 posts

49 months

Sunday 15th May
quotequote all
SamL said:
Things just got very real! Apparently it’s already in the UK but this just appeared in the app today!

Oooh, very nice. Can't wait to get to a similar stage in the app.

APOLO1

5,123 posts

171 months

Monday 16th May
quotequote all
I see some cars have Gloss Black Alloys, as part of an exterior pack. One option I wish had added.

Hobo

5,296 posts

223 months

Monday 16th May
quotequote all
APOLO1 said:
I see some cars have Gloss Black Alloys, as part of an exterior pack. One option I wish had added.
I'm sure its possible to retrospectively do if you wanted, but personally I prefer the non gloss finish.

My only slight annoyance was that I couldn't get PTS without a delay. Other than that I don't think I'd change a thing (was originally concerned about the darkness of the rear privacy, but now the car is here I'm happy with that).

a3simon

32 posts

156 months

Monday 16th May
quotequote all
Alright guys. My final spec lock in date is 5th July. Generally what’s the timing like from lock-in to start build to completion to delivery?

Hobo

5,296 posts

223 months

Monday 16th May
quotequote all
a3simon said:
Alright guys. My final spec lock in date is 5th July. Generally what’s the timing like from lock-in to start build to completion to delivery?
Mine was pretty much 4 months from 'lock in' to delivery

Schuey_911

317 posts

49 months

Monday 16th May
quotequote all
APOLO1 said:
I see some cars have Gloss Black Alloys, as part of an exterior pack. One option I wish had added.
I prefer the Satin finish myself. I'm not keen at all on fine marks/scratches showing up on paintwork, and having gloss black alloys where you get the most build up of brake dust and dirt, then this will be particularly hard to maintain and prevent those marks showing up. Ceramic coatings and things will help, but even then difficult in my humble opinion. Perhaps if you have PCCB's then it might not be as bad.

I will add though, they do look nice and each to their own preferences. smile

Schuey_911

317 posts

49 months

Monday 16th May
quotequote all
a3simon said:
Alright guys. My final spec lock in date is 5th July. Generally what’s the timing like from lock-in to start build to completion to delivery?
I may be wrong, but my understanding was that 'Final Spec Lock' date was around 4 weeks before 'Build Completion' and then vehicle gets to dealership circa 3 week's after that.

Hobo

5,296 posts

223 months

Monday 16th May
quotequote all
Schuey_911 said:
I may be wrong, but my understanding was that 'Final Spec Lock' date was around 4 weeks before 'Build Completion' and then vehicle gets to dealership circa 3 week's after that.
Don't think your right there, unfortunately.

I locked my spec in mid January, and the car arrived at the dealers the week before last, so 3 1/2 months between these. I assume others will have differing periods, but that was mine. Obviously the current porsche 'stop' pushed it back another 1 1/2 weeks, so nearer 4 overall for me.

Also, my car was in the UK (and at the dealers) around a week after completing production. I was lucky in that it left Emden near immediately. I hear others have been much longer.

Sappy911

80 posts

5 months

Monday 16th May
quotequote all
It’s been a while since I’ve shared one of these, partly because I feel like I’m the only one with the car!

https://youtu.be/h1EAQbU0b4c

He’s also gone for the high gloss pack. The addition of the centre stripe is a nice touch. Although silver seems a little bland for me….

What do you think?