How would you spec your 992 GTS?

How would you spec your 992 GTS?

Author
Discussion

Trufit

63 posts

180 months

Tuesday 10th October 2023
quotequote all
Darlo74 said:
Bit of a thread resurrection.

I've had my GTS for 8 months now, and had the opportunity to spend last weekend driving around the best Wales has to offer with some friends. Cars ranged from 2x992 GTS (1 manual, 1 PDK), 991.2 GT3, F-Type R and Lotus Exige. Not only was it a fantastic weekend with some amazing roads and experiences, it really lit up the GTS experience for me.

I'll admit it took me a while to gel with the car - it's my first 911 - but this weekend it just worked. At 7/10ths and above it's alive and nothing could get near it. It inspires confidence, the ride is firm but in no way skittish and you can push it beyond where you'd expect the limit to be.

And then I trundled back home down the motorway for an hour cruising in comfort.

For me it's the car that does everything and like Trufit said 'it's spot on'.
Glad to hear you’re enjoying yours as much as I’m enjoying mine.

Your weekend run sounds great and I’m very jealous, I’ve had a busy summer so haven’t had much of a chance for a good run out but I’ve got a trackday booked next week with a few friends so I’ll get to experience her on track - all within my limited capabilities of course!

Trufit

63 posts

180 months

Tuesday 10th October 2023
quotequote all
Darlo74 said:
Bit of a thread resurrection.

I've had my GTS for 8 months now, and had the opportunity to spend last weekend driving around the best Wales has to offer with some friends. Cars ranged from 2x992 GTS (1 manual, 1 PDK), 991.2 GT3, F-Type R and Lotus Exige. Not only was it a fantastic weekend with some amazing roads and experiences, it really lit up the GTS experience for me.

I'll admit it took me a while to gel with the car - it's my first 911 - but this weekend it just worked. At 7/10ths and above it's alive and nothing could get near it. It inspires confidence, the ride is firm but in no way skittish and you can push it beyond where you'd expect the limit to be.

And then I trundled back home down the motorway for an hour cruising in comfort.

For me it's the car that does everything and like Trufit said 'it's spot on'.
Glad to hear you’re enjoying yours as much as I’m enjoying mine.

Your weekend run sounds great and I’m very jealous, I’ve had a busy summer so haven’t had much of a chance for a good run out but I’ve got a trackday booked next week with a few friends so I’ll get to experience her on track - all within my limited capabilities of course!

CallThatMusic

2,463 posts

86 months

Tuesday 10th October 2023
quotequote all
Had mine for just over a year now and 6k miles.
I moved from a C2S which I didn’t quite gel with.
The GTS is a very different car from the S.
It’s stiffer, tighter and a lot more “planted”; I love it.

Sy1441

1,110 posts

158 months

Tuesday 10th October 2023
quotequote all
It really is the perfect car, it does the lot.

Bedlamater

212 posts

96 months

Sunday 12th November 2023
quotequote all
After a 12 month wait on the list I’ve finally been given a build slot… I actually thought I’d be waiting for 992.2 now which I was totally comfortable with.

I’d be really grateful if anyone could please give me an indication of what percentage the list price may have increased over the past 12 months as I foolishly didn’t record it at the time of order.

What I do know is it’s looking like £160k + right now which is an awful lot of money for a GTS!

Wheelspinning

1,113 posts

28 months

Sunday 12th November 2023
quotequote all
Bedlamater said:
After a 12 month wait on the list I’ve finally been given a build slot… I actually thought I’d be waiting for 992.2 now which I was totally comfortable with.

I’d be really grateful if anyone could please give me an indication of what percentage the list price may have increased over the past 12 months as I foolishly didn’t record it at the time of order.

What I do know is it’s looking like £160k + right now which is an awful lot of money for a GTS!
My GTS cab arrived the end of June and I have to say, I didn't initially bond with it, felt it was harsh, pricey and overrated.

However, now, I absolutely love it...just an utterly fantastic car.

I went a bit daft also, adding near £21k of options, but don't regret a thing.

Mines was £142k Inc extras and price jumped to £153k a week after it went into production.

Current values are down, but so are values right across the board and hopefully when confidence grows these will be back to reasonable values in spring.

The 992.1 GTS production is right at the end of the line, and you won't see a 992.2GTS till mid 2025 at the earliest, so no real worries about the current prices; once the new ones are bought it will sort itself out.

Your gonna really like it when it turns up.

Hobo

5,735 posts

244 months

Sunday 12th November 2023
quotequote all
I’m a 992.1 targa GTS owner, with a deposit down on another, and being brutally honest I wouldn’t be putting 160k in a gen 1 car currently unless you are happy to potentially lose a considerable amount of money in the next 18 months.

Bedlamater

212 posts

96 months

Sunday 12th November 2023
quotequote all
Sadly I think that financially it makes no sense to move forward on a new build right now unless I’m wanting to keep this car forever and a day (which I’m not) as the potential loss is significant.

Quick search on Porsche used brings up an 8 month old car with less that 3000 miles on it £35k below the list price, which would be closer to £50k below on trade in…

Trufit

63 posts

180 months

Sunday 12th November 2023
quotequote all
Bedlamater said:
Sadly I think that financially it makes no sense to move forward on a new build right now unless I’m wanting to keep this car forever and a day (which I’m not) as the potential loss is significant.

Quick search on Porsche used brings up an 8 month old car with less that 3000 miles on it £35k below the list price, which would be closer to £50k below on trade in…
If you can find a used one with a spec that you’re happy with then I’d go for it. I’ve had mine since March and I love it, my dealer honoured my order price (MY22) which I was happy to pay but I’m not so sure that would be the case now.
Good luck with your search.

Hobo

5,735 posts

244 months

Sunday 12th November 2023
quotequote all
Bedlamater said:
Sadly I think that financially it makes no sense to move forward on a new build right now unless I’m wanting to keep this car forever and a day (which I’m not) as the potential loss is significant.

Quick search on Porsche used brings up an 8 month old car with less that 3000 miles on it £35k below the list price, which would be closer to £50k below on trade in…
I’d agree sadly.

Maybe the dealer would discount the car ? I appreciate it has not been something they have done recently much but times are different and most people will be waiting for the gen2 car now.

EdJ

1,280 posts

193 months

Monday 13th November 2023
quotequote all
I put my deposit down in May and was offered a cancelled GTS slot about a month ago which would have meant I'd get the car in January.

I'd decided I was going to wait for the 992.2 regardless, so declined, but it's a fair point about the 992.2 GTS arriving much later. Not sure whether the OPC will encourage me to switch to a different model once the 992.2 comes out, or wait another year for the GTS?

Bedlamater

212 posts

96 months

Monday 13th November 2023
quotequote all
Mine is a PTS slot, reason I’ve waited to so long. But I just don’t feel I can stomach the potential loss on a car that just isn’t quite special enough.

The times of old have returned, you leave the showroom and kiss goodbye to at least the VAT value in your brand new car. Only plus side is there is now fun to be had on the used market once again!

julian987R

6,378 posts

57 months

Saturday 30th December 2023
quotequote all
This popped up in my feed for any US folk on this forum.
A1 Black - perfect inky black colour.






Edited by julian987R on Saturday 30th December 03:42