911 Carrera S (992) availability

911 Carrera S (992) availability

Author
Discussion

Pivo

Original Poster:

274 posts

17 months

Monday 12th September
quotequote all
MK911 said:
I stand corrected, I was told this by the service chap at my dealer when I was talking to him about the 718 GTS. Mind you he wasn’t the mechanic just front desk.,

Anyway my C2S finally went to V260 status last week so I am just waiting to hear when it completes production.
Properly excited after all the waiting and delays!
That is awesome @MK911 !

Do you have some cool pics from production line?

MK911

47 posts

53 months

Tuesday 13th September
quotequote all
Hi Pivo - yes exciting times but I have not had any photos yet. I check about 10 times a day - just can’t help myself.
I get the feeling the cars can stay at V260 for a while as mine has been 6 days now. My dealer did say the system can be somewhat inaccurate and not always 100% up to date. Cross fingers it’s this week though as knowing your car is actually built will feel great!
My wife is praying also - as she says I have done her head in over the whole process and has banned me from ordering another Porsche for at least five years! How unreasonable is that! 😄

Pivo

Original Poster:

274 posts

17 months

Tuesday 13th September
quotequote all
MK911 said:
Hi Pivo - yes exciting times but I have not had any photos yet. I check about 10 times a day - just can’t help myself.
I get the feeling the cars can stay at V260 for a while as mine has been 6 days now. My dealer did say the system can be somewhat inaccurate and not always 100% up to date. Cross fingers it’s this week though as knowing your car is actually built will feel great!
My wife is praying also - as she says I have done her head in over the whole process and has banned me from ordering another Porsche for at least five years! How unreasonable is that! ??
Good man, @MK911 . My wife doesn’t want to talk cars anymore… ever smile

When I get my 911 C2S I will keep it until I can’t get in and out :-/

Schuey_911

497 posts

54 months

Tuesday 13th September
quotequote all
MK911 said:
Hi Pivo - yes exciting times but I have not had any photos yet. I check about 10 times a day - just can’t help myself.
I get the feeling the cars can stay at V260 for a while as mine has been 6 days now. My dealer did say the system can be somewhat inaccurate and not always 100% up to date. Cross fingers it’s this week though as knowing your car is actually built will feel great!
My wife is praying also - as she says I have done her head in over the whole process and has banned me from ordering another Porsche for at least five years! How unreasonable is that! ??
You sound exactly like I was when waiting for mine, and your wife sounds just like mine too lol. I've had my car now coming up to 2 weeks and I can tell you, it's worth the wait. smile

Exciting times ahead.

Pivo

Original Poster:

274 posts

17 months

Tuesday 13th September
quotequote all
Schuey_911 said:
You sound exactly like I was when waiting for mine, and your wife sounds just like mine too lol. I've had my car now coming up to 2 weeks and I can tell you, it's worth the wait. smile

Exciting times ahead.
Pics, @Schuey_911 , where are the pics? 8-)

MK911

47 posts

53 months

Wednesday 14th September
quotequote all
My car is at V300 status and has finished production, just awaiting transport to Emden. Still no build photos - not sure how long they take to come through?

Schuey_911

497 posts

54 months

Wednesday 14th September
quotequote all
Pivo said:
Schuey_911 said:
You sound exactly like I was when waiting for mine, and your wife sounds just like mine too lol. I've had my car now coming up to 2 weeks and I can tell you, it's worth the wait. smile

Exciting times ahead.
Pics, @Schuey_911 , where are the pics? 8-)
Hi Pivo,

They're in the "How would you spec your GTS?" thread, page 125. smile

Pivo

Original Poster:

274 posts

17 months

Friday 16th September
quotequote all
Schuey_911 said:
Hi Pivo,

They're in the "How would you spec your GTS?" thread, page 125. smile
Uh, that is GTS… ‘suit you, Sir!’

lowndes

796 posts

196 months

Friday 16th September
quotequote all
MK911 said:
Hi Pivo - yes exciting times but I have not had any photos yet. I check about 10 times a day - just can’t help myself.
I get the feeling the cars can stay at V260 for a while as mine has been 6 days now. My dealer did say the system can be somewhat inaccurate and not always 100% up to date. Cross fingers it’s this week though as knowing your car is actually built will feel great!
My wife is praying also - as she says I have done her head in over the whole process and has banned me from ordering another Porsche for at least five years! How unreasonable is that! ??
My car went from being in the bodyshop on Wednesday this week to Emden yesterday. Photo appeared today showing it in the factory with no wheels laugh

Pivo

Original Poster:

274 posts

17 months

Friday 16th September
quotequote all
lowndes said:
My car went from being in the bodyshop on Wednesday this week to Emden yesterday. Photo appeared today showing it in the factory with no wheels laugh
Must be the latency of the network :-)
Post some pics, @lowndes

MK911

47 posts

53 months

Saturday 17th September
quotequote all
I stand corrected, I was told this by the service chap at my dealer when I was talking to him about the 718 GTS. Mind you he wasn’t the mechanic just front desk.,

Anyway my C2S finally went to V260 status last week so I am just waiting to hear when it completes production.
Properly excited after all the waiting and delays!

ClubsportStr

235 posts

57 months

Saturday 17th September
quotequote all
MK911 said:
I stand corrected, I was told this by the service chap at my dealer when I was talking to him about the 718 GTS. Mind you he wasn’t the mechanic just front desk.,

Anyway my C2S finally went to V260 status last week so I am just waiting to hear when it completes production.
Properly excited after all the waiting and delays!
Good news MK911. Hopefully yours will be on the boat soon!
My C2 went to V260 on Monday, then build complete yesterday and it is now at the port compound . clap
No update or photos on the app yet . frown

MK911

47 posts

53 months

Sunday 18th September
quotequote all
Great news your car is at Emden clubsportStr!
Mine completed on Wednesday so hopefully it is sat next to yours at the port..

Dixy

2,447 posts

187 months

Sunday 18th September
quotequote all
Where do you get the V260 from. I am on no 3 in My Porsche
Mine is due for completion on 14 October perhaps maybe possibly ish.
Getting any information is really difficult.
I am on my 3rd salesperson since order.

MK911

47 posts

53 months

Sunday 18th September
quotequote all
Hi Dixy, i ask my salesman for an update and he sends me a screenshot of their order system. It contains the V codes and expected completion date etc.
Your chap can certainly do this for you also.

ClubsportStr

235 posts

57 months

Sunday 18th September
quotequote all
MK911 said:
Great news your car is at Emden clubsportStr!
Mine completed on Wednesday so hopefully it is sat next to yours at the port..
MK911 when is yours expected to land in the UK ?

MK911

47 posts

53 months

Monday 19th September
quotequote all
The update from my salesman was last Thursday and the car was still showing in the compound at the factory. I’m hoping it has now arrived at Emden, but not sure when it’s due into the UK? Will be down to the shipping schedules.
My app is still at stage 3 with no photos of the build.
I’ll check in tomorrow with my salesman and see where it is.

MK911

47 posts

53 months

Tuesday 20th September
quotequote all
Car has reached Emden and I got a couple of photos on the app this morning.





Dixy

2,447 posts

187 months

Tuesday 20th September
quotequote all
Watching with interest as to clues for mine and getting excited for you.

Pivo

Original Poster:

274 posts

17 months

Tuesday 20th September
quotequote all
MK911 said:
Car has reached Emden and I got a couple of photos on the app this morning.

Now this is real, @MK911 , your 911 looks menacing, being assembled in low-light!