12 GT4's for sale on PistonHeads and growing

12 GT4's for sale on PistonHeads and growing

Author
Discussion

diffstar

199 posts

138 months

Tuesday 6th August
quotequote all
Porsche911R said:
buckets are softer to sit on, that's just a fact ;-) nothing to do with opinion...

you have about 5" foam to sit on, my other half fell sleep In the poles Saturday and the cars full asbo.

Edited by Porsche911R on Tuesday 6th August 16:12
Sure is wasn't your small talk that sent her off?

Porsche911R

17,324 posts

210 months

Tuesday 6th August
quotequote all
diffstar said:
Sure is wasn't your small talk that sent her off?
facts normally make people shut up and fall asleep as a fact is a fact so no point having a stupid debate :-)

boxsey

3,400 posts

155 months

Tuesday 6th August
quotequote all
av185 said:
Depends what you use the car for.

Comforts are imo more uncomfortable as you sit on them rather than in them. More disconnected to the car and with a Porsche GT that makes a big big difference.

I find the Spyder P11 buckets best overall and they look the business especially with the carbon matching the carbon interior if that is specced. These look way more contemporary than the rather dated looking P3 folding buckets which are nevertheless a good seat depending on your build. Other problem with these older folding buckets is they are fixed height and you sit too high again depending on your overall stature.

Cars with the newer Spyder buckets tend to make a slight premium ££ but there are fewer GT4s around with the folding buckets.

Edited by av185 on Tuesday 6th August 15:47
At one time I would have agreed with you about sit on versus sit in. Most notably when I took out the original seats from my 964 and put in pole positions. That was a definite change from sitting on and sliding about to sitting in and being connected. The folding buckets I had in my Cayman R versus standard seats in my boxsters were the same difference. Yet, the sports plus seats in my GT4 have turned out to be a great half way house. Sure, I don't sit in them like I would a bucket but I don't feel like I am sitting on them. And for the smaller number of trackdays I do now, I've found them perfectly adequate on the track. Especially with a CG lock fitted to the seat belt. I guess what I'm saying is that in my experience the latest sports plus seats are a lot better than the old comfort seats.

jcosh

895 posts

177 months

Tuesday 6th August
quotequote all
Porsche911R said:
jcosh said:
Does it ever to occur to you that your opinions are not fact and that actually some people don't think the 918's are 'st'. Each to their own chap. I hate all buckets but accept that others like them, just you like one type of bucket does not mean the other types are not preferred by others.
buckets are softer to sit on, that's just a fact ;-) nothing to do with opinion...

you have about 5" foam to sit on, my other half fell sleep In the poles Saturday and the cars full asbo.

Edited by Porsche911R on Tuesday 6th August 16:12
Can anybody translate this for me?



av185

9,159 posts

72 months

Tuesday 6th August
quotequote all
Presumably full asbo means it's gone.

Unsure about the poles bit. Is this referring to position, tents, country??

jcosh

895 posts

177 months

Tuesday 6th August
quotequote all
av185 said:
Presumably full asbo means it's gone.

Unsure about the poles bit. Is this referring to position, tents, country??
I've tried but I really don't know what's he's on about. Maybe 'asbo' means awol? As for 'sleep on poles', I can only imagine...

Twinfan

3,982 posts

49 months

Tuesday 6th August
quotequote all
Porsche911R said:
I hate normal seats, they feel like you have no connection to the car and of course buckets are softer to sit on FACT.
As you probably haven't actually owned a Porsche car with non-bucket seats recently (unless your GTS had them) I'd say you were most likely in no position to provide "facts" on their comfort or otherwise.

Everyone's different, there are no facts when it comes to seats. I personally like both 918 buckets and Sports Seats Plus for a number of reasons.

Armitage.Shanks

700 posts

30 months

Tuesday 6th August
quotequote all
This scenario could play out in a DFS showroom!

Pieces at OPC are a mixed bag based on the various spec and clearly some will pay more than others for the right seat for them. Given the £82k car with 18 ways at OPC I can't understand why the Somerset car up at £68k has not been snapped up. OK it's not main dealer but an offer mid 60s should be possible?

moonigan

1,380 posts

186 months

Tuesday 6th August
quotequote all
jcosh said:
I've tried but I really don't know what's he's on about. Maybe 'asbo' means awol? As for 'sleep on poles', I can only imagine...
ASBO= Anti Social Behaviour Order, so its loud.. Not many cars come with Recaro Pole positions as standard but they are quite a common upgrade for modified cars.

jcosh

895 posts

177 months

Tuesday 6th August
quotequote all
moonigan said:
jcosh said:
I've tried but I really don't know what's he's on about. Maybe 'asbo' means awol? As for 'sleep on poles', I can only imagine...
ASBO= Anti Social Behaviour Order, so its loud.. Not many cars come with Recaro Pole positions as standard but they are quite a common upgrade for modified cars.
I wonder how the car being loud has an impact on the suitability of the seats for this wife? Odd.

jcosh

895 posts

177 months

Friday 9th August
quotequote all
jcosh said:
And back on subject.

Just 6 cars on the OPC locator currently. With a price spread of £10K from £72K - £82K. Interestingly, the most expensive car has the 18 way seats and over 10k miles.
Only 5 now on the OPC site, surely this is the lowest it's been since the 981 GT4 was launched three years ago. I seem to remember we were in the 30's at one stage?

It seems that they have found their long term homes and not many people are selling / trading in.

Porsche911R

17,324 posts

210 months

Friday 9th August
quotequote all
Twinfan said:
As you probably haven't actually owned a Porsche car with non-bucket seats recently (unless your GTS had them) I'd say you were most likely in no position to provide "facts" on their comfort or otherwise.

Everyone's different, there are no facts when it comes to seats. I personally like both 918 buckets and Sports Seats Plus for a number of reasons.
had 2 porkers with normal seats inc my GTS which I have only just sold !!

they are pretty hard to sit on over a bucket, they give me numb bum in fact over 2 hours, I did try and make a home made durometer to prove the point, was a fun project on a wet Sunday, and it did work to a point, but not well enough to post on PH to prove a Fact.

so unlike you who has NOT owned the 996 GT3 bucket the GT2 folding bucket, the 918 bucket or the recaro's I am in the best position to offer the real facts having owned them ALL and 2 cars with sports seats 3 at the same time. (hence my durometer project) as I hate miss facts about stuff on here.

but that's forums for you people know best who have never owned stuff ! :-)

Edited by Porsche911R on Friday 9th August 11:43

Porsche911R

17,324 posts

210 months

Friday 9th August
quotequote all
jcosh said:
moonigan said:
jcosh said:
I've tried but I really don't know what's he's on about. Maybe 'asbo' means awol? As for 'sleep on poles', I can only imagine...
ASBO= Anti Social Behaviour Order, so its loud.. Not many cars come with Recaro Pole positions as standard but they are quite a common upgrade for modified cars.
I wonder how the car being loud has an impact on the suitability of the seats for this wife? Odd.
simple the cars mental loud, brutal performance, kick in the back gear shifts, but she still managed to fall asleep In the recaro's !!!
And the reason is because they are nice and soft to sit in, her words. :-)



Edited by Porsche911R on Friday 9th August 11:45

Porsche911R

17,324 posts

210 months

Friday 9th August
quotequote all
moonigan said:
ASBO= Anti Social Behaviour Order, so its loud.. Not many cars come with Recaro Pole positions as standard but they are quite a common upgrade for modified cars.
10 points to you :-) every one else must do better ….

moonigan

1,380 posts

186 months

Friday 9th August
quotequote all
Porsche911R said:
10 points to you :-) every one else must do better ….
Now, please tell me what it is..

Taffy66

2,690 posts

47 months

Friday 9th August
quotequote all
Porsche911R said:
simple the cars mental loud, brutal performance, kick in the back gear shifts, but she still managed to fall asleep In the recaro's !!!
And the reason is because they are nice and soft to sit in, her words. :-)



Edited by Porsche911R on Friday 9th August 11:45
Curiosity is getting the better of me.! Please PM me on what car you bought to satisfy it..
On seats i had the 4 way sport plus seats on my new 992 and they made my bum numb sore after a couple of hours driving..I recently sat in a gorgeous 2009 997.2S with leather folding buckets and they were infinitely more comfortable than my 992's 4 ways..
Best seats on all cars i've owned were the red Recaros in my 1999 Integra type R which were perfect..Best seats on my current cars are the Carbon racing seats on my 458 which have precise backrest angle adjustment.

Porsche911R

17,324 posts

210 months

Friday 9th August
quotequote all
Taffy66 said:
Curiosity is getting the better of me.! Please PM me on what car you bought to satisfy it..
On seats i had the 4 way sport plus seats on my new 992 and they made my bum numb sore after a couple of hours driving..I recently sat in a gorgeous 2009 997.2S with leather folding buckets and they were infinitely more comfortable than my 992's 4 ways..
Best seats on all cars i've owned were the red Recaros in my 1999 Integra type R which were perfect..Best seats on my current cars are the Carbon racing seats on my 458 which have precise backrest angle adjustment.
you have to own them to know ;-) it's that simple.

most seats give me numb bum after 3 hours.

lemmingjames

5,670 posts

149 months

Friday 9th August
quotequote all
Porsche911R said:
had 2 porkers with normal seats inc my GTS which I have only just sold !!

they are pretty hard to sit on over a bucket, they give me numb bum in fact over 2 hours, I did try and make a home made durometer to prove the point, was a fun project on a wet Sunday, and it did work to a point, but not well enough to post on PH to prove a Fact.

so unlike you who has NOT owned the 996 GT3 bucket the GT2 folding bucket, the 918 bucket or the recaro's I am in the best position to offer the real facts having owned them ALL and 2 lots of sports seats 3 at the same time.

but that's forums for you people know best who have never owned stuff ! :-)
easy there fella, you didnt know/realise that the 996 Aliens are the same pole position seat you rave about and claimed that modern day people wouldnt fit in the aliens, the same PP seat that hasnt changed since wha.t the 964?

how your broad but your shoulders arent rounded in poles (mine get rounded in aliens)

how your poles are super comfy with 5" of foam - no fking wonder, thats 12.5cm or 125mm of foam cushioning your derrier, i think most normal buckets/sport seats will have 2-3"/5-7.5cm/50-75mm of foam

So maybe your not in the best position after all

Edited by lemmingjames on Friday 9th August 16:11

Twinfan

3,982 posts

49 months

Friday 9th August
quotequote all
Porsche911R said:
had 2 porkers with normal seats inc my GTS which I have only just sold !!
I did say it may have had Sports Seats Plus, but owning it for 5 minutes hardly counts wink

Your body gets used to certain positions so anything different is uncomfortable until it adjusts, and of course everyone is different. SSPs are super comfortable for me. As are 918s which I've spent several hours in at PEC.

GT2 folding buckets sit too high in the 9x1 cabin for me from a quick OPC test (I've not driven a car with them) so I can't and never have commented on their comfort, just their height and their looks.


Edited by Twinfan on Friday 9th August 17:07

Armitage.Shanks

700 posts

30 months

Saturday 10th August
quotequote all
Dung8 said:
Armitage.Shanks said:
Link doesn't work for me. Which dealer is selling it?
Porsche centre leeds.

Mileage
2,016 mi

Registration date
10/2015

Model year
2016
Did you buy it then? Showing as SOLD