Cayman R Chat

Author
Discussion

akadk

1,052 posts

156 months

Monday 2nd May
quotequote all
£60k?? laugh


J-P

Original Poster:

4,104 posts

183 months

Monday 2nd May
quotequote all
julian987R said:
J-P said:
julian987R said:
To those questioning the price and selling intentions of Buds viper green R….

“…. just to say that yes I would sell for £60k, no I don't need to sell it and I paid £54k for it in 2018 and have done 5k miles in it since, so I reckon £60k is pretty fair money.

To all the people suggesting this is 20k over a car in another colour you are clearly deluded, please show me a 20k mile car with all the spec sold recently for 40k. They haven't, they have been 50k quid, so really not to bad. Regards colour, try buying a Viper green 997.1 RS without a £40k premium over a black or orange one, and eleven of those made the UK, yet alone worldwide.

Anyway, not bothered if I keep it, booked a driving holiday to the Alps and Pyrenees in June so will need a car of some sort.”

See…told you! smile
I think that he has mis-understood the point. A Cayman R can be had for £40k - a low mileage one is worth more, nobody is denying that. A PTS car is worth more still, completely agree - but £60K? That's too high a premium. But as I said, it's not really for sale.
huh? but it is for sale. Why does that seem to be hard to accept. If you don't want to spend £60K, fine, I am not his agent smile but if you did want to spend £60K it is indeed for sale. I don't get the debate on this. Anyhow, lets move on. I was just offering it up to the person who posted that they were looking for one sub 30K miles and manual.
If I put something up for sale at a price that they market won't stand, then it's not really for sale. If I was getting this car from JZM, then yeah I could see that they would put it up for sale at just under £60k but they wouldn't have paid £60k for it, more like £50k or just over. So that's what I reckon a private seller would pay for it (even with the special colour). Prices have softened and will likely soften even further.

julian987R

3,361 posts

36 months

Monday 2nd May
quotequote all
J-P said:
If I put something up for sale at a price that they market won't stand, then it's not really for sale. If I was getting this car from JZM, then yeah I could see that they would put it up for sale at just under £60k but they wouldn't have paid £60k for it, more like £50k or just over. So that's what I reckon a private seller would pay for it (even with the special colour). Prices have softened and will likely soften even further.
What if it was on SOR at JZM for £59,995 would you be as perturbed?

J-P

Original Poster:

4,104 posts

183 months

Monday 2nd May
quotequote all
julian987R said:
J-P said:
If I put something up for sale at a price that they market won't stand, then it's not really for sale. If I was getting this car from JZM, then yeah I could see that they would put it up for sale at just under £60k but they wouldn't have paid £60k for it, more like £50k or just over. So that's what I reckon a private seller would pay for it (even with the special colour). Prices have softened and will likely soften even further.
What if it was on SOR at JZM for £59,995 would you be as perturbed?
I'm not perturbed - it's not worth £60k to me even from a dealer but it's definitely not worth £60k as a private sale.

Yidwann

1,721 posts

187 months

Tuesday 3rd May
quotequote all
Like I said, you could buy the Ashgood car for £39k which looked pretty much perfect, and spend £6-7k on a respray in any colour you liked it and it would probably be a better finish too. Then you'd have something truly unique.

frayz

2,524 posts

136 months

Tuesday 3rd May
quotequote all
With respect, everyone saying its not worth £60k is 100% right... its not worth £60k to them.

Someone wanting to own the only 1 of 1 Viper green Cayman R with £60k to spend will happily pay it.
Buying a cheaper one and having it painted isn't really relevant because its not factory. We all know how minty car people get over factory finished cars, matching numbers blah blah. Hell, we all know how fussy some folk are over a car having a certain spec. If the spec you truly desire is a factory finished viper green Cayman R, then this is the only 1.

So its 100% for sale, to the person who decides they want it and prepared to pay it. This year we have seen liquid yellow Clio V6s go for £85k and there was more than one of those made, likewise there were 500 Clio Trophys made and they're all £10k-£20k now, yet the #001 car went for £48k and it wasn't even in THAT nice condition, so anything is possible in the niche car market.


Want the ONLY Viper green Cayman R?

Get you wallet out biggrin



Edited by frayz on Tuesday 3rd May 08:22


Edited by frayz on Tuesday 3rd May 15:04

ATM

14,697 posts

196 months

Tuesday 3rd May
quotequote all
frayz said:
This year we have seen liquid yellow Clio V6s go for £85k
That's crazy

PaulD86

1,433 posts

103 months

Tuesday 3rd May
quotequote all
Question is, why would you want a Cayman R painted the wrong green hehehehehehe

Anyway, the market clearly doesn't think it is worth £60k, but the seller and Julian do. As with anything, it's worth what someone is prepared to pay and after 7 months, it can reasonably be concluded, that isn't £60k. However, this debate will be resolved one way other and it won't be on this thread. It will be when/if it sells, and if the sale price is ever publicly disclosed. But I won't be holding my breath on that being anytime soon.

J-P

Original Poster:

4,104 posts

183 months

Tuesday 3rd May
quotequote all
frayz said:
With respect, everyone saying its not worth £60k is 100% right... its not worth £60k to them.

Someone wanting to own the only 1 of 1 Viper green Cayman R with £60k to spend will happily pay it.
Buying a cheaper one and having it painted isn't really relevant because its not factory. We all know how minty car people get over factory finished cars, matching numbers blah blah. Hell, we all know how fussy some folk are over a car having a certain spec. If the spec you truly desire is a factory finished viper green Cayman R, then this is the only 1.

So its 100% for sale, to the person who decides they want it and prepared to pay it. This year we have seen liquid yellow Clio V6s go for £85k and there was more than one of those made, likewise there were 500 Clio Trophys made and they're all £10k-£20k now, yet the #001 car went for £48k and it wasn't even in THAT nice condition, so anything is possible in the niche car market.

Want the ONLY Viper green Cayman R, get you wallet out biggrin



Edited by frayz on Tuesday 3rd May 08:22
Exactly what I said, you'd have to really want a green one to pay £60k for it. You've seen how quickly Cayman R's sell at Ashgood - gone within days (at £40-45k). So one stuck around at £60k for 7 months is too expensive. Personally, I'd spend a further £5k and get a GT4.

squirdan

990 posts

124 months

Tuesday 3rd May
quotequote all
breakfan said:
I listed mine for sale over the weekend. I think its the only manual in the PH classifieds. Get in touch!

Unfortunately it was a little overcast when I took the photos yesterday, but the paint is popping in the sunshine today



Edited by breakfan on Monday 2nd May 09:00
good luck with sale..looks good in the red

julian987R

3,361 posts

36 months

Wednesday 4th May
quotequote all
Looks like the white R that had missed a service during peak Covid, circa £38K, has sold. Anyone here?

AAAndy

666 posts

229 months

Friday 6th May
quotequote all
Is anyone going to the JZM Cars and Coffee meet on Sunday? I'll be there in the R.

frayz

2,524 posts

136 months

Friday 6th May
quotequote all
AAAndy said:
Is anyone going to the JZM Cars and Coffee meet on Sunday? I'll be there in the R.
Working im afraid mate, have a good one smile

Andyoz

2,550 posts

31 months

Tuesday 10th May
quotequote all
julian987R said:
Looks like the white R that had missed a service during peak Covid, circa £38K, has sold. Anyone here?
it was last seen at £36,500 so I expect someone got it for say £35k which was a good move IMO.

julian987R

3,361 posts

36 months

Tuesday 10th May
quotequote all
Andyoz said:
julian987R said:
Looks like the white R that had missed a service during peak Covid, circa £38K, has sold. Anyone here?
it was last seen at £36,500 so I expect someone got it for say £35k which was a good move IMO.
yep someone did well there.

tracydeedance

730 posts

156 months

Wednesday 11th May
quotequote all
julian987R said:
Andyoz said:
julian987R said:
Looks like the white R that had missed a service during peak Covid, circa £38K, has sold. Anyone here?
it was last seen at £36,500 so I expect someone got it for say £35k which was a good move IMO.
yep someone did well there.
I would say so, anything in limited numbers is a good investment now days and getting harder to find at reasonable prices.

Think a good few missed a service during lockdown no big deal probably didn't do much work during that time.
Bargain.

IanB_76

181 posts

17 months

Wednesday 11th May
quotequote all
We held our first Cars and Coffee morning at work on Friday, and amazingly were gifted with beautiful blue skies for most of the day. Having worked at MAL for over 10yrs I have always wanted to drive around the lake, so to get to do so along with parking up and getting to take some shots was a real treat!

One of the guys kindly took some snaps with a proper camera, which he kindly shared (and some may have already seen on my Insta @peridotporsche)








And one I took with my phone:

tracydeedance

730 posts

156 months

Wednesday 11th May
quotequote all
Great photos the 987 Cayman is still a lovely shape.

IanB_76

181 posts

17 months

Wednesday 11th May
quotequote all
tracydeedance said:
Great photos the 987 Cayman is still a lovely shape.
Thanks @tracydeedance. It certainly is!

swanny71

2,429 posts

186 months

Thursday 12th May
quotequote all
IanB_76 said:
And one I took with my phone:
Best pic of the lot.
Lovely looking car.