Cayman R Chat

Cayman R Chat

Author
Discussion

frayz

2,220 posts

125 months

Monday 5th April
quotequote all
Andyoz said:
Bit quiet here...not allowed out to drive yet?

We hit the North Irish Coast on Friday.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CNMuyeBl9pM/?igshid=1b...

I saw this on IG. Looked a good time out. smile

Andyoz

1,904 posts

20 months

Monday 5th April
quotequote all
There were three 2.7 Boxsters on the run and have to say those things sound and shift so well.

breakfan

130 posts

112 months

Monday 5th April
quotequote all
I'm thinking of having my front bumper resprayed to address a few stone chips. What's the deal with the decals on either side? Suncoast sell the full sticker set for an outrageous $1095 which is obviously out of the question. I just need the ones to go on the front bumper, anyone know where I can source them?

3 of the 4 cars currently on Autotrader have either the wrong size sticker or fitted the wrong way round...

edit to add: mine is red with black decals

Edited by breakfan on Monday 5th April 11:09

Andym3

31 posts

207 months

Monday 5th April
quotequote all
breakfan said:
I'm thinking of having my front bumper resprayed to address a few stone chips. What's the deal with the decals on either side? Suncoast sell the full sticker set for an outrageous $1095 which is obviously out of the question. I just need the ones to go on the front bumper, anyone know where I can source them?

3 of the 4 cars currently on Autotrader have either the wrong size sticker or fitted the wrong way round...

edit to add: mine is red with black decals

Edited by breakfan on Monday 5th April 11:09
You can get them from Porsche , part numbers 98755955100041 and 98755955200041. I think they are around £185 each!

breakfan

130 posts

112 months

Monday 5th April
quotequote all
Thanks. That's a ridiculous price! I have a mental block over paying £185 for a 30cm piece of vinyl, especially as 2 are needed

Would the paint shop be able to do the job without taking the sticker off? ie respray around it

If not would there be interest in doing a group-buy for some custom made replicas?

Andym3

31 posts

207 months

Monday 5th April
quotequote all
breakfan said:
Thanks. That's a ridiculous price! I have a mental block over paying £185 for a 30cm piece of vinyl, especially as 2 are needed

Would the paint shop be able to do the job without taking the sticker off? ie respray around it

If not would there be interest in doing a group-buy for some custom made replicas?
There's a few places where you can buy replica decals. A quick Google turned up the ones below which are £60 for the full set both sides.

https://www.designstuffonline.co.uk/vehicle_graphi...

breakfan

130 posts

112 months

Monday 5th April
quotequote all
Thanks for your help - the annoying thing about some of the replicas is that they've got the length wrong. See below:



The original is longer:



If anyone can vouch for somewhere that sells the correct length that'd be great

Andyoz

1,904 posts

20 months

Monday 5th April
quotequote all
^^^ wow, they only had one job to do and screwed up the length.

Also, I could never understand sellers/dealers wanting top dollar for their R's and can't even put stickers on after a respray

Rocket.

1,322 posts

215 months

Tuesday 6th April
quotequote all
Andym3 said:
There's a few places where you can buy replica decals. A quick Google turned up the ones below which are £60 for the full set both sides.

https://www.designstuffonline.co.uk/vehicle_graphi...
I put these on my 'S' and they are perfect length and to all intents and purposes identical to the factory decals, including the front part.

frayz

2,220 posts

125 months

Tuesday 6th April
quotequote all
Rocket. said:
I put these on my 'S' and they are perfect length and to all intents and purposes identical to the factory decals, including the front part.
This is what id be doing if/when my R needs paint. smile

ajondyh

588 posts

90 months

Tuesday 6th April
quotequote all
frayz said:
Rocket. said:
I put these on my 'S' and they are perfect length and to all intents and purposes identical to the factory decals, including the front part.
This is what id be doing if/when my R needs paint. smile
They only seem to offer matt in black. I'm sure they are satin or gloss as standard

Prestonese

732 posts

71 months

Wednesday 7th April
quotequote all
Highgate House is your friend for side decals (assuming they are still in business). Several OPCs use them apparently.

http://www.highgatehouse.co.uk/old_cayman.htm


PaulD86

1,260 posts

92 months

Wednesday 7th April
quotequote all
ajondyh said:
They only seem to offer matt in black. I'm sure they are satin or gloss as standard
There is a gloss black option listed. It's near the top of the pull down list.

Andyoz

1,904 posts

20 months

Wednesday 7th April
quotequote all
Prestonese said:
Highgate House is your friend for side decals (assuming they are still in business). Several OPCs use them apparently.

http://www.highgatehouse.co.uk/old_cayman.htm
Do they have the R side decals - I can't see them listed?

Prestonese

732 posts

71 months

Wednesday 7th April
quotequote all
Andyoz said:
Do they have the R side decals - I can't see them listed?
They definitely do them but for some reason they aren't listed. Maybe drop them a line?

Andyoz

1,904 posts

20 months

Wednesday 7th April
quotequote all
Prestonese said:
They definitely do them but for some reason they aren't listed. Maybe drop them a line?
Cool. I'll save away for future reference.

tracydeedance

674 posts

145 months

Thursday 8th April
quotequote all
Not sure what's going on with Highgatehouse been trying to contact them for 3 weeks Email Phone no reply or calls returned.

Andyoz

1,904 posts

20 months

Friday 9th April
quotequote all
Nice when your local OPC takes notice of your runs

https://www.facebook.com/646655308732579/posts/405...


frayz

2,220 posts

125 months

Saturday 10th April
quotequote all
Cleaned the EVOMs today, surprising how much crap this thing collects in only a few thousand miles.


A1Diego

100 posts

72 months

Monday 12th April
quotequote all
A1Diego said:
Hi guys,

I have a white R that I’m reluctantly open to selling as we are looking to move out of our rental and buy a home.

It has all the good bits :

Manual
Buckets
Chrono
PSE
AC
Alcantara gear lever, steering wheel & glovebox
Black Spyders
33k miles

I’d prefer to enjoy it over summer but if a compelling offer comes, I’m open to selling.

DM me if interested.
Bumping this in case anyone would like to get in before I stick on the classifieds.