GT4 RS breaks cover then.....

GT4 RS breaks cover then.....

Author
Discussion

MannyLon

1,381 posts

173 months

Friday 16th April
quotequote all
Think these will be announced soon as Spyder / GT4 to be discontinued in Dec if rumours are true..

Twinfan

8,261 posts

71 months

Friday 16th April
quotequote all
GT4RS is a Sept/Oct launch I think...

acey81

177 posts

77 months

Friday 16th April
quotequote all
Biggest performance gains will be from the cup2r tyre. The rest is incremental.

TDT

3,006 posts

86 months

Friday 16th April
quotequote all
acey81 said:
Biggest performance gains will be from the cup2r tyre. The rest is incremental.
I think i agree...


Twinfan

8,261 posts

71 months

Friday 16th April
quotequote all
I do too. Minor engine and aero upgrades and PDK only.

MannyLon

1,381 posts

173 months

Friday 16th April
quotequote all
Wonder how much the lap time will improve over the GT4 pdk?

Twinfan

8,261 posts

71 months

Friday 16th April
quotequote all
MannyLon said:
Wonder how much the lap time will improve over the GT4 pdk?
Cup2Rs, a bot of aero and a bit of power? No more than 10 seconds over the Nordschleife I suspect...

Budweiser

941 posts

151 months

Sunday 18th April
quotequote all
As amazing as I’m sure this car is, what’s the point of it?

Twinfan

8,261 posts

71 months

Sunday 18th April
quotequote all
Budweiser said:
As amazing as I’m sure this car is, what’s the point of it?
Swansong special for the Cayster with an ICE engine IMHO...

MannyLon

1,381 posts

173 months

Sunday 18th April
quotequote all
Twinfan said:
Swansong special for the Cayster with an ICE engine IMHO...
Yes, great marketing opportunity for Porsche. Priced at 110k?

mondie

581 posts

109 months

Monday 19th April
quotequote all
Twinfan said:
GT4RS is a Sept/Oct launch I think...
It would be gutting to miss out on a GT4 due to the arrival of an RS killing the model off. By current estimates, I am hoping to be at the top of the list for a GT4 by the end of the year. If a GT4 is hard to get I expect an RS would be impossible for a mere low totem buyer such as me, especially if it is only made for a short time (12 months?). The waiting lists must already be bulging.

GRD_72

41 posts

26 months

Monday 19th April
quotequote all
mondie said:
I am hoping to be at the top of the list for a GT4 by the end of the year.
When did you place your deposit?

mondie

581 posts

109 months

Monday 19th April
quotequote all
Only a few weeks ago.

rkwm1

784 posts

69 months

Monday 17th May
quotequote all
New pics




GT4P

4,128 posts

152 months

Monday 17th May
quotequote all
I will take mine without the rear wing thank you

Royal Jelly

2,962 posts

165 months

Monday 17th May
quotequote all
I’m sure it’ll be magnificent as a track machine - hopefully they’ve loosened the reigns on the Cayman’s deliberately subdued performance.

However, aesthetically, it looks like it’s been given the Max Power catalogue thrown at it, in a way that the GT3 RS doesn’t..

What are the PH wagers on spec these days?

Twinfan

8,261 posts

71 months

Monday 17th May
quotequote all
Royal Jelly said:
I’m sure it’ll be magnificent as a track machine - hopefully they’ve loosened the reigns on the Cayman’s deliberately subdued performance.

However, aesthetically, it looks like it’s been given the Max Power catalogue thrown at it, in a way that the GT3 RS doesn’t..

What are the PH wagers on spec these days?
450bhp and PDK only is the general feeling, although the rear window intakes hint at something a little more potent, and mere mortals won't get the chance to spec one. If it's still pegged back to this kind of level, I think a 718 GT4 with a Manthey Racing kit will be better value for money for track work and something you wouldn't be paranoid about the resale value of if you actually want to use it as intended.

I was initially really interested and was considering paying overs for one. However, having started modding my manual 718 GT4 I'll be sticking with it as I don't see the cost benefit of the upgrade for me personally and I'm becoming very attached to my GT4 now it's how I want it...

Royal Jelly

2,962 posts

165 months

Monday 17th May
quotequote all
Yeh 450 & PDK would have been my guess. I wonder what the suspension will comprise of...

What have you done to your GT4, out of curiosity? I’m an infrequent tracker at best, so RS models are merely a bit of general interest to me. Good to hear you’re giving your car the experience it deserves..

Twinfan

8,261 posts

71 months

Monday 17th May
quotequote all
Royal Jelly said:
What have you done to your GT4, out of curiosity? I’m an infrequent tracker at best, so RS models are merely a bit of general interest to me. Good to hear you’re giving your car the experience it deserves..
I've:
  • Fitted a single mass flywheel, the original clutch was retained
  • Set the original aero to the more aggressive setting
  • Changed the final silencer
  • Changed the front suspension top mounts and added LCA shims (for more camber)
  • Changed the rear toe links and added shims (to keep the toe when adding camber via the shims)
  • Bought a set of spare wheels which I've fitted with the original Cup2s (I have PS4Ss on the original wheels for road use)
Supposedly my car is now running around 435bhp (I didn't do a before/after run, so make of it what you will) and it has a more fast road/track day geo.

Works for me!

ChrisW.

4,078 posts

222 months

Monday 17th May
quotequote all
Interesting ....what do you think of the single mass flywheel ?

Have you any thoughts on a final drive mod ?
(Gain acceleration in each gear but then potentially lose time with an extra gear change ?)