When is a Clubsport Not a Clubsport

When is a Clubsport Not a Clubsport

Author
Discussion

8-P

2,667 posts

227 months

Wednesday 24th February
quotequote all
cslwtfatboy said:
No mate it was a private sale. The previous owner fitted the cage and the seats to do track days. It had sports seats from the factory.
Very comprehensive history file so and lowish miles for the year. I have pretty much replaced everthing that was worn out or looking tatty and ended up fitting KW variant 3 coil overs to improve the ride.
Have personalised it a bit .

Edited by cslwtfatboy on Tuesday 23 February 18:20
Rear wiper on CS?

blade7

10,419 posts

183 months

Wednesday 24th February
quotequote all
So, a car starts out as a CS at the factory, but has LUX options added to turn into a Sport for the UK market. Today it is worth less than a car that started out as a CS at the factory, and had some LUX options added at the factory. The VIN say CS for both, but a badge matters, so gullible buyers will pay £thousands more, essentially for the missing bits.

8-P

2,667 posts

227 months

Wednesday 24th February
quotequote all
blade7 said:
So, a car starts out as a CS at the factory, but has LUX options added to turn into a Sport for the UK market. Today it is worth less than a car that started out as a CS at the factory, and had some LUX options added at the factory. The VIN say CS for both, but a badge matters, so gullible buyers will pay £thousands more, essentially for the missing bits.
That's the madness.

cslwtfatboy

15 posts

73 months

Wednesday 24th February
quotequote all
8-P said:
Rear wiper on CS?
Yes would appear to have always had one.

8-P

2,667 posts

227 months

Wednesday 24th February
quotequote all
Yep got the same certificate saying Club Sport on my Sport. All Sports started out life as a Club Sport over in Germany.

Here's one from Collecting Cars





https://collectingcars.com/for-sale/1994-porsche-9...

This car was eventually bought by some dealer in Essex at auction but has since disappeared.




Edited by 8-P on Thursday 25th February 07:54

Slippydiff

12,313 posts

190 months

Thursday 25th February
quotequote all
jakeb said:
The seats changed in the CS around March 93 so you could look at it that the 993RS had 968CS seatssmile

I dont know if the early 964 Speedster had the same issue with sprung v unsprung seats. They show as sprung in the brochure and both were launched at the same time (Oct92). There were perhaps supply issues with Recaro.

Model year 1993 (Build date Oct92-July93) is CUP1 wheels and NO option to put rear seats in the car (wp0zzz96zps815xxx)
Model year 1994 onwards (Approx Sept93 onwards) CUP2 wheels (wp0zzz96zrs815xxx, wp0zzz96zss815xxx)
Or you could fit a pair of 968 CS seats into your 993 RS (just as I did) smile







8-P

2,667 posts

227 months

Thursday 25th February
quotequote all
V nice

Biggles111

447 posts

230 months

Thursday 25th February
quotequote all
We need a like button on here, that 993RS looks superb!

Nurburgsingh

3,630 posts

205 months

Thursday 25th February
quotequote all
https://www.porsche968uk.co.uk/

Everything you wanted to know about 968’s but were too scared to ask.

The whole sport vs CS was covered in depth on the forum over there too.

8-P

2,667 posts

227 months

Thursday 25th February
quotequote all
Nurburgsingh said:
https://www.porsche968uk.co.uk/

Everything you wanted to know about 968’s but were too scared to ask.

The whole sport vs CS was covered in depth on the forum over there too.
Half the people on this PH thread are on 968UK me included.

jakeb

235 posts

161 months

Thursday 25th February
quotequote all
Slippydiff said:
jakeb said:
The seats changed in the CS around March 93 so you could look at it that the 993RS had 968CS seatssmile

I dont know if the early 964 Speedster had the same issue with sprung v unsprung seats. They show as sprung in the brochure and both were launched at the same time (Oct92). There were perhaps supply issues with Recaro.

Model year 1993 (Build date Oct92-July93) is CUP1 wheels and NO option to put rear seats in the car (wp0zzz96zps815xxx)
Model year 1994 onwards (Approx Sept93 onwards) CUP2 wheels (wp0zzz96zrs815xxx, wp0zzz96zss815xxx)
Or you could fit a pair of 968 CS seats into your 993 RS (just as I did) smile





Very nice!

A dealer bought a white 968CS at silverstone auctions last year and did the same thing in a silver 993. He then stuck Recaro Classics in the 968

8-P

2,667 posts

227 months

Friday 26th February
quotequote all
It was Ashgood, some plonkers did a review of the car on Youtube. Previous owner from some time back was kicking about on Facebook or here not long after, it had the buckets then, he was using it on track a fair bit.

blade7

10,419 posts

183 months

Friday 26th February
quotequote all
8-P said:
V nice
It is, but WTF it's doing in Front Engined Porsches and on a 968 thread I don't know?

Orangecurry

6,876 posts

173 months

Friday 26th February
quotequote all
I think he sold it years ago, so he's probably missing it.

Waylander

Original Poster:

24 posts

67 months

Saturday 27th February
quotequote all
blade7 said:
It is, but WTF it's doing in Front Engined Porsches and on a 968 thread I don't know?
It’s ok he drove it in backwards

blade7

10,419 posts

183 months

Sunday 28th February
quotequote all
Waylander said:
blade7 said:
It is, but WTF it's doing in Front Engined Porsches and on a 968 thread I don't know?
It’s ok he drove it in backwards


That's OK then.

Waylander

Original Poster:

24 posts

67 months

Sunday 28th February
quotequote all
Ouch, that went in backwards too

blade7

10,419 posts

183 months

Sunday 28th February
quotequote all
Waylander said:
Ouch, that went in backwards too
Backed it into a parked Lotus on the A14 I think.





Edited by blade7 on Monday 1st March 00:04

Waylander

Original Poster:

24 posts

67 months

Sunday 28th February
quotequote all
Talent ran out then!

Waylander

Original Poster:

24 posts

67 months

Sunday 28th February
quotequote all
I see another Black Sport, a car I know well, being sold with 1 of 179 cars in the blurb

It has the grey Clubsport stickers on the car, and I personally know 3 of the previous owners

It’s a Sport one of 306, not a Clubsport