Ferrari 488 pista (SCAM)

Ferrari 488 pista (SCAM)

Author
Discussion

LordOfTheManor

Original Poster:

632 posts

63 months

Friday 12th October 2018
quotequote all
There is a car being offered £20-£25k over list !!

Too good to be true - YEP it’s a SCAM don’t send him/her your money....

Edited by LordOfTheManor on Friday 12th October 20:13


Edited by LordOfTheManor on Friday 12th October 20:17

PrancingHorses

2,447 posts

159 months

Friday 12th October 2018
quotequote all
clap I actually spoke to him - sounded very convincing indeed.

Pitty he dont know these will be at least £100k over list so stinks of a scam biggrin

Sarnie

6,413 posts

161 months

Friday 12th October 2018
quotequote all
Scammer not scamming enough gets rumbled lol.....

CitySlicker

252 posts

45 months

Saturday 13th October 2018
quotequote all
You think pistas will go for 100k over list??

Hmm well if someone wants to pay me that I'll get you a LHD allocation!! Also a buddy of mine has just secured a pista spider slot - lucky bugger

PrancingHorses

2,447 posts

159 months

Saturday 13th October 2018
quotequote all
CitySlicker said:
You think pistas will go for 100k over list??

Hmm well if someone wants to pay me that I'll get you a LHD allocation!! Also a buddy of mine has just secured a pista spider slot - lucky bugger
For early cars yes all day..

I know a couple of people who have secured slot too but they have spent a huge amount of money with the brand over the years.

ghost83

3,540 posts

142 months

Saturday 13th October 2018
quotequote all
I was offered a pista slot and offered it on here for 100k and everyone told me it was only worth about 30k over list as that’s what Tom Hartley was offering ?? Didn’t go ahead wish I had now

PrancingHorses

2,447 posts

159 months

Saturday 13th October 2018
quotequote all
ghost83 said:
I was offered a pista slot and offered it on here for 100k and everyone told me it was only worth about 30k over list as that’s what Tom Hartley was offering ?? Didn’t go ahead wish I had now
Haha Tom Hartley would have made a good £50k+ on that..

ferdi p

1,329 posts

124 months

Saturday 13th October 2018
quotequote all
PrancingHorses said:
Haha Tom Hartley would have made a good £50k+ on that..
A dealer offered you a Pista slot?!?

ghost83

3,540 posts

142 months

Saturday 13th October 2018
quotequote all
ferdi p said:
A dealer offered you a Pista slot?!?
Not a dealer no a good friend who has a pista on order Offered me or anyone his slot for 100k I can’t afford it so I mentioned it on here and was told it was too expensive and Tom Hartley has slots at 30k over list

_Superleggera_

1,953 posts

149 months

Saturday 13th October 2018
quotequote all
Mr Mike who goes by many surnames has contacted me and a good number of my clients. Claims car is coming from Meridian. It doesn’t exist and he should be blocked at all costs.

He sends a fake driving licence and a fake letter from meridian. Be warned as he may well catch someone out. He’s managed to contact a lot of people via text and it’s sll very strange.


_Superleggera_

1,953 posts

149 months

Monday 26th November 2018
quotequote all
This is still going on ladies and gents. Be warned.

WCZ

7,609 posts

146 months

Monday 26th November 2018
quotequote all
_Superleggera_ said:
Mr Mike who goes by many surnames has contacted me and a good number of my clients. Claims car is coming from Meridian. It doesn’t exist and he should be blocked at all costs.

He sends a fake driving licence and a fake letter from meridian. Be warned as he may well catch someone out. He’s managed to contact a lot of people via text and it’s sll very strange.
just been contacted by him, no idea how he got my number.

PrancingHorses

2,447 posts

159 months

Monday 26th November 2018
quotequote all
Did you ever have a car for sale? I think he gets his numbers of PH classified. Wonder if anyone has reported him to the police yet?

_Superleggera_

1,953 posts

149 months

Monday 26th November 2018
quotequote all
PrancingHorses said:
Did you ever have a car for sale? I think he gets his numbers of PH classified. Wonder if anyone has reported him to the police yet?
You would think so, but I think there is an even bigger breach of data somewhere. He's contacted people I know that haven't listed a car for sale. I think he may be an ex employee of some company.

_Superleggera_

1,953 posts

149 months

Monday 26th November 2018
quotequote all
This is the message people are receiving by text. I've been led to believe that several people have been caught out by this scam. I urge all of you to please share this information with your contacts and friends in the car world.

There is a crime case open with West Yorkshire police and I urge that if you have been contacted by this man you try and speak to Kirstie Low at West Yorkshire Police.



Edited by _Superleggera_ on Monday 26th November 15:04

The Surveyor

7,164 posts

189 months

Monday 26th November 2018
quotequote all
_Superleggera_ said:
PrancingHorses said:
Did you ever have a car for sale? I think he gets his numbers of PH classified. Wonder if anyone has reported him to the police yet?
You would think so, but I think there is an even bigger breach of data somewhere. He's contacted people I know that haven't listed a car for sale. I think he may be an ex employee of some company.
It won't be through the PH classified, personal contact details are encrypted from memory. Ex Employee sounds more credible.

topjay

711 posts

170 months

Monday 26th November 2018
quotequote all
Talking of such things anyone else get a message about a Carrera GT?

F355GTS

3,559 posts

207 months

Monday 26th November 2018
quotequote all
topjay said:
Talking of such things anyone else get a message about a Carrera GT?
I did, Dutch or Belgian name?

_Superleggera_

1,953 posts

149 months

Monday 26th November 2018
quotequote all
F355GTS said:
I did, Dutch or Belgian name?
A certain JDV?

topjay

711 posts

170 months

Monday 26th November 2018
quotequote all
Yes, I just deleted it straight away as it seem odd and unsolicited