views on this 458?

views on this 458?

Author
Discussion

xcentric

Original Poster:

459 posts

175 months

Wednesday 15th July
quotequote all
https://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/...

some carbon, led steering wheel.

Had thought I would want carbon bucket seats but they are hard to find and may not be so ideal for my wife (who's shorter than me by a lot).....

anything odd in the spec? anyone know the car?

thanks.

WilliamWaiver

238 posts

1 month

Wednesday 15th July
quotequote all
Nice colour combo but with lack of interior carbon trim and no racing seats its top money IMHO.
If it floats your boat maybe go in at £140k which is the max I personally see it worth ( I would say less at £130 but only to get slaughterd by protective owners ) and settle at £145k tops given prices of others in an inflated bubble

fridaypassion

5,030 posts

184 months

Wednesday 15th July
quotequote all
I think if I was buying again I'd go for the Daytona seats. I have carbons in mine and the Daytonas were more comfy and better adjustment.

WilliamWaiver

238 posts

1 month

Wednesday 15th July
quotequote all
fridaypassion said:
I think if I was buying again I'd go for the Daytona seats. I have carbons in mine and the Daytonas were more comfy and better adjustment.
Everyone is different with different needs and requirements but personally I never look at any car in this category unless it has racing bucket style seats but i also prefer the limited lightweight track edition cars over regular production cars.

If I want comfort I use the Bentley and waft lol

av185

11,646 posts

83 months

Wednesday 15th July
quotequote all
Nice main dealer car if a touch toppy on the price for the spec.

You could always buy a race seat car and invest in a cushion for your wife.

xcentric

Original Poster:

459 posts

175 months

Wednesday 15th July
quotequote all
thanks all - sort of what I thought..... I do like the look of bucket seats but I can't find (at the moment) any that are in red cars. Yes, I know it's a cliche, but it's a first Ferrari, and whilst the Grigo looks excellent I think a red one needs doing.......

Need to try the seats properly (both sorts). She does have a cushion for the Caterham :-)


WilliamWaiver

238 posts

1 month

Wednesday 15th July
quotequote all
xcentric said:
thanks all - sort of what I thought..... I do like the look of bucket seats but I can't find (at the moment) any that are in red cars. Yes, I know it's a cliche, but it's a first Ferrari, and whilst the Grigo looks excellent I think a red one needs doing.......

Need to try the seats properly (both sorts). She does have a cushion for the Caterham :-)
If you already have a Caterham maybe the standard non racing seats will work for you and the Mrs.

I have certain cars the GF refuses to come out in which us also good for me. The 430 Scud with racing seats and harnesses is one of them

Djit

99 posts

46 months

Wednesday 15th July
quotequote all
Personally not sure I’d buy used with an after market wrap (roof) but that’s just me. Prefer to keep a Ferrari as it came out the factory (ppf aside). Half the fun is finding your perfect spec.

Taffy66

3,915 posts

58 months

Wednesday 15th July
quotequote all
Djit said:
Personally not sure I’d buy used with an after market wrap (roof) but that’s just me. Prefer to keep a Ferrari as it came out the factory (ppf aside). Half the fun is finding your perfect spec.
Mine has a factory Nero roof which i like however i wouldn't buy one with a wrapped roof..I'd ask the dealer to take it off to get a good look underneath personally.

Regy53

79 posts

87 months

Wednesday 15th July
quotequote all
i was told a wrap on the roof with invalidate the paint warranty ?

also red cars with the seats you want will show up, i sat in a few with Daytona's and actually found them ok however they also left my shoulders in a weird place

Taffy66

3,915 posts

58 months

Wednesday 15th July
quotequote all
Regy53 said:
i was told a wrap on the roof with invalidate the paint warranty ?

also red cars with the seats you want will show up, i sat in a few with Daytona's and actually found them ok however they also left my shoulders in a weird place
I have the Bucket seats in my 458 and Porsche GT3 RS and wouldn't buy either with any other seat..On an 812 i was all set on the same seats however after watching Harry Metcalfe's recent brilliant video on a road trip to the South of France i'd now only consider one with comfort heated seats..
Seats are personal however the best seats i've ever sat in are the Carbon seats in the Ferrari 599 with electric controls..Amazingly comfortable and equally supportive seats makes them the best of both worlds.

xcentric

Original Poster:

459 posts

175 months

Wednesday 15th July
quotequote all
thanks all - am sure one will come up. Am in no rush. I'd viewed the roof as neutral as I reckon a decent wrap would come off fine. But maybe it's hiding a whole load of issues.

We tend to prefer our cars at the more focussed end of the spectrum - she likes the harness in the Caterham - and actually finds the bucket with no padding in that quite comfortable on long trips. We ran an Elise as our only car for a few years, and toured France camping out of it too (and she was in a full back cast at the time!).



av185

11,646 posts

83 months

Wednesday 15th July
quotequote all
Taffy66 said:
Mine has a factory Nero roof which i like however i wouldn't buy one with a wrapped roof..I'd ask the dealer to take it off to get a good look underneath personally.
Agree with Taffy I'd want to know more about the roof but good luck getting GP to reveal it.

Cheib

18,963 posts

131 months

Wednesday 15th July
quotequote all
av185 said:
Taffy66 said:
Mine has a factory Nero roof which i like however i wouldn't buy one with a wrapped roof..I'd ask the dealer to take it off to get a good look underneath personally.
Agree with Taffy I'd want to know more about the roof but good luck getting GP to reveal it.
Very good advice. I’d never buy a car with a wrap on it because you simply have no idea what’s underneath.

ferdi p

1,438 posts

128 months

Wednesday 15th July
quotequote all
Cheib said:
Very good advice. I’d never buy a car with a wrap on it because you simply have no idea what’s underneath.
Yea, a roof...

WilliamWaiver

238 posts

1 month

Wednesday 15th July
quotequote all
Taffy66 said:
I have the Bucket seats in my 458 and Porsche GT3 RS and wouldn't buy either with any other seat..On an 812 i was all set on the same seats however after watching Harry Metcalfe's recent brilliant video on a road trip to the South of France i'd now only consider one with comfort heated seats..
Seats are personal however the best seats i've ever sat in are the Carbon seats in the Ferrari 599 with electric controls..Amazingly comfortable and equally supportive seats makes them the best of both worlds.
Most comfortable seats I have sat and driven in are the Mclaren P1 seats. For me they were absolutely spot on. Perfect driving position and really comfortable even on a 7 hr drive down through France

Djit

99 posts

46 months

Wednesday 15th July
quotequote all
Authenticity, the (factory) spec you want and condition are all key factors when buying a Ferrari IMHO. Don’t be side-tracked by a bargain or left-field spec and you will find a fantastic car. The market will ultimately dictate the sale price (rather than the sticker price) which you can get a good feel for discussing here and by visiting a few cars, comparing and engaging with the dealers. Have fun with your search and good luck.

Taffy66

3,915 posts

58 months

Wednesday 15th July
quotequote all
Djit said:
Authenticity, the (factory) spec you want and condition are all key factors when buying a Ferrari IMHO. Don’t be side-tracked by a bargain or left-field spec and you will find a fantastic car. The market will ultimately dictate the sale price (rather than the sticker price) which you can get a good feel for discussing here and by visiting a few cars, comparing and engaging with the dealers. Have fun with your search and good luck.
This is very sound advice and not just because i happen to agree with it 100%

5050

262 posts

102 months

Wednesday 15th July
quotequote all
I almost bought a 458 in an ok spec but had standard wheels, no interior carbon, no JBL audio but it wasn’t my ideal spec, I waited a couple more months then a perfect spec car came up, I bought it the same day over the phone and still own it 7 years later. If I’d bought the 1st one I considered I doubt I’d still own it.

I’d look for
Race seats - very comfortable over long distances
Forged wheels
Interior carbon - I’m not usually a fan of carbon but the standard interior trim is poor
LED wheel is a must
Parking sensors and rear camera
Cruise is handy as the throttle is very sensitive (can be retrofitted)

I’d say Red / Black & Grey are the most popular colours.

The JBL audio is poor so I replaced mine. Front lift isn’t needed.

Finding the right spec car will pay dividends when the time comes to move it on.


mwstewart

5,733 posts

144 months

Thursday 16th July
quotequote all
I have the carbon seats in my car and I raised the passenger seat for my wife. I used some aluminium spacing blocks and longer allen bolts.