Any info on this 458?

Any info on this 458?

Author
Discussion

7GJR

120 posts

61 months

Wednesday 17th March
quotequote all
Forgive my stupidity, but people aren't buying 458s with furlough payments .. how do you suggest the end of furlough spells disaster for 458 values?

Gnevans

109 posts

86 months

Wednesday 17th March
quotequote all
If you think car prices have nothing to do with the strength of the economy then fine. If you think the economy will not go into recession after furlough is lifted then it has nothing to do with car prices.

Edited by Gnevans on Wednesday 17th March 19:32

Chris355

691 posts

160 months

Wednesday 17th March
quotequote all
adamellisdj said:
Chris355 said:
It’s not a £2k job to paint the side skirts. I had a Ferrari main dealer paint the skirts on mine as part of purchase deal (there were marks on them) and they made a complete mess of it. I took it elsewhere to rectify and the dealer paid the cost.

I know you say you can’t be bothered, but I personally would have sold them and replaced with standard coloured set, but each to their own.
How much was the cost then?


Realistically, who’s buying 458 carbon side panels. How much are they even worth?
£500 total for painting the side skirts.

I don’t know what the demand would be like, but they are relatively rare. Like you, I personally dont like them and prefer body coloured. There arent many genuine carbon skirts for sale. I can’t find the new price list for them at the moment, but there is ONE skirt on eBay “used” for just under £3k!!

fridaypassion

5,477 posts

192 months

Wednesday 17th March
quotequote all
adamellisdj said:
That’s brilliant

What age, miles, rough spec did you get for £135?

The only other 458 I would buy is from Jez at GT Premier. He won’t move on the list price what so ever. Which doesn’t sit right with me.

No carbon other than the wheel
15k miles
3 owners
2012 model
No cruise.
No race seats.

I’d rather pay £20k more (£7k off list with the painting cost included) and get the one I’ve applied for, which is better in every sense. You get what you pay for at the end of the day.

No point being stingy on your first Ferrari and end up with a half arsed spec.

Edited by adamellisdj on Wednesday 17th March 07:50
Mine I think was 18500 miles - Carbon seats - Pit speed limiter (cruise control pah!) 2012 - carbon wheel and centre console I think thats about it I think carbon driving zone would be the only other thing you could have but would be about another 10 grand or more. I wanted one to use so didn't want to spec and miles chasing although the cars with the basic seats seem to really struggle. I wouldnt have minded Daytonas

adamellisdj

Original Poster:

300 posts

2 months

Wednesday 17th March
quotequote all
Chris355 said:
adamellisdj said:
Chris355 said:
It’s not a £2k job to paint the side skirts. I had a Ferrari main dealer paint the skirts on mine as part of purchase deal (there were marks on them) and they made a complete mess of it. I took it elsewhere to rectify and the dealer paid the cost.

I know you say you can’t be bothered, but I personally would have sold them and replaced with standard coloured set, but each to their own.
How much was the cost then?


Realistically, who’s buying 458 carbon side panels. How much are they even worth?
£500 total for painting the side skirts.

I don’t know what the demand would be like, but they are relatively rare. Like you, I personally dont like them and prefer body coloured. There arent many genuine carbon skirts for sale. I can’t find the new price list for them at the moment, but there is ONE skirt on eBay “used” for just under £3k!!
I honestly just can’t see them selling and collecting dust. Not for me

Roof down

289 posts

90 months

Thursday 18th March
quotequote all
Carbon skirts make it look like a R8 to my eyes ,
Horrible

fridaypassion

5,477 posts

192 months

Thursday 18th March
quotequote all
Yeah I don't get the black side sill look

adamellisdj

Original Poster:

300 posts

2 months

Thursday 18th March
quotequote all
Regy53 said:
I

I wouldn’t paint the skirts though , that has disaster written all over it
]
I mean, I could try and get some white ones which need a lot of work to referb, but they still need painting. Hassle. Cost, messing about selling. This route seems more of a disaster to me.

If I am able to buy the vehicle, Ferrari have assured me the painting will be fine. They use the right paint code and it’s all F approved. And if it’s an issue, they will have to sort it.

Anyway. Today is squeaky bum time on my broker (Charles & Dean via JBR Capital) decision.

Lenders are, it seems very cautious right now. Ferrari rejected my finance yesterday because of a (settled) late payment 8 months ago.

Ridiculous considering I have had an M4 and C63s for the last 32 months, which monthly’s were more than the 458, with no late payments or issues.

Edited by adamellisdj on Thursday 18th March 07:54

JRSS

5 posts

15 months

Thursday 18th March
quotequote all
Depends what colour the car is. Have sills, front aero fins and diffuser all in carbon on mine and I think it works well with the car.

adamellisdj

Original Poster:

300 posts

2 months

Thursday 18th March
quotequote all
JRSS said:
Depends what colour the car is. Have sills, front aero fins and diffuser all in carbon on mine and I think it works well with the car.
I wouldn’t dream of changing on that colour. Looks ace.

Red 458, it looks awful.

Any idea how much the original owner would have paid for those?

JRSS

5 posts

15 months

Thursday 18th March
quotequote all
Yes, I can
Diffuser was £5167
Sills were £5063
Front wings £1306

JRSS

5 posts

15 months

Thursday 18th March
quotequote all
Yes, I can
Diffuser was £5167
Sills were £5063
Front wings £1306

garystoybox

457 posts

81 months

Thursday 18th March
quotequote all
adamellisdj said:
Anyway. Today is squeaky bum time on my broker (Charles & Dean via JBR Capital) decision.

Lenders are, it seems very cautious right now. Ferrari rejected my finance yesterday because of a (settled) late payment 8 months ago.

Ridiculous considering I have had an M4 and C63s for the last 32 months, which monthly’s were more than the 458, with no late payments or issues.

Edited by adamellisdj on Thursday 18th March 07:54
I would think the finance companies are more worried about lending £120k interest only at 75% LTV than the affordability’s of the monthlies. I.e the concern of where you are going to be at the end of the term and how you are going to fund the last payment of the lease purchase when it falls due. A lot of uncertainty to be considered.

adamellisdj

Original Poster:

300 posts

2 months

Thursday 18th March
quotequote all
garystoybox said:
adamellisdj said:
Anyway. Today is squeaky bum time on my broker (Charles & Dean via JBR Capital) decision.

Lenders are, it seems very cautious right now. Ferrari rejected my finance yesterday because of a (settled) late payment 8 months ago.

Ridiculous considering I have had an M4 and C63s for the last 32 months, which monthly’s were more than the 458, with no late payments or issues.

Edited by adamellisdj on Thursday 18th March 07:54
I would think the finance companies are more worried about lending £120k interest only at 75% LTV than the affordability’s of the monthlies. I.e the concern of where you are going to be at the end of the term and how you are going to fund the last payment of the lease purchase when it falls A lot of uncertainty to be considered.
Essentially, I was told, unless your credit is excellent, you are not getting finance through Ferrari. “Apparently”, it was a lot less strict before Covid, which I can appreciate.


Drl22

559 posts

29 months

Thursday 18th March
quotequote all
adamellisdj said:
Essentially, I was told, unless your credit is excellent, you are not getting finance through Ferrari. “Apparently”, it was a lot less strict before Covid, which I can appreciate.
I think you’ve dodged a bullet there anyway; they are always much more expensive.

adamellisdj

Original Poster:

300 posts

2 months

Thursday 18th March
quotequote all
Drl22 said:
adamellisdj said:
Essentially, I was told, unless your credit is excellent, you are not getting finance through Ferrari. “Apparently”, it was a lot less strict before Covid, which I can appreciate.
I think you’ve dodged a bullet there anyway; they are always much more expensive.
Agreed. JBR (still waiting), have proposed £760 a month with £3500 less deposit rather than £950 a month. I’m waiting for them to call me now. The suspense lmao


Edited by adamellisdj on Thursday 18th March 11:46

Gnevans

109 posts

86 months

Thursday 18th March
quotequote all
Worth looking at Aldemore Bank.

LiveOnce

60 posts

73 months

Thursday 18th March
quotequote all
Gnevans said:
Worth looking at Aldemore Bank.
+1 for Aldermore, far cheaper than FFS in my experience. JBR apparently also back up and running after a tough 2020 and looking to do deals.

Regy53

154 posts

95 months

Thursday 18th March
quotequote all
found FFS much cheaper than other lenders when i got mine. Depends how it all stacks though im sure

JayP1

248 posts

137 months

Thursday 18th March
quotequote all
adamellisdj said:
Agreed. JBR (still waiting), have proposed £760 a month with £3500 less deposit rather than £950 a month. I’m waiting for them to call me now. The suspense lmao


Edited by adamellisdj on Thursday 18th March 11:46
Any news? fingers crossed for you!