Roma Time

Author
Discussion

Leithen

Original Poster:

11,430 posts

270 months

Monday 2nd October 2023
quotequote all
Rumdoodle said:
What's the story with the 330 and the Dino? Do you know where they are now?
I found the 330 about five years ago being restored, and corresponded with those concerned. In different circumstances I might have been tempted to try and buy it, although the asking price was too high, but it has survived and is looking lovely.

As for the Dino, the answer is no I'm afraid, or not yet. The story behind it and indirectly the 330 is detailed here - https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/ian-m-st...

Rumdoodle

823 posts

23 months

Monday 2nd October 2023
quotequote all
Leithen said:
I found the 330 about five years ago being restored, and corresponded with those concerned. In different circumstances I might have been tempted to try and buy it, although the asking price was too high, but it has survived and is looking lovely.

As for the Dino, the answer is no I'm afraid, or not yet. The story behind it and indirectly the 330 is detailed here - https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/ian-m-st...
Great. Thanks.

GingerMunky

1,172 posts

260 months

Tuesday 3rd October 2023
quotequote all
Leithen said:
As alluded to in a couple of other threads, I have scratched the Ferrari itch with a year old Roma.
That's a stunning colour mate! Wow! And love the origins photo biggrin

I was less adventurous, and more cliched, for my first Ferrari (Roma) - Rossa Corsa and Crema.

Loving the Roma, more and more; and so do lots of other people when I am out and about.

Soleith

501 posts

92 months

Tuesday 3rd October 2023
quotequote all
GingerMunky said:
That's a stunning colour mate! Wow! And love the origins photo biggrin

I was less adventurous, and more cliched, for my first Ferrari (Roma) - Rossa Corsa and Crema.

Loving the Roma, more and more; and so do lots of other people when I am out and about.
Ah perfect, the Roma was my first Ferrari too and also had rosso corsa, crema and daytona seats! Such a great car. Enjoy guys.

DeejRC

6,015 posts

85 months

Tuesday 3rd October 2023
quotequote all
Leithen said:
Rumdoodle said:
What's the story with the 330 and the Dino? Do you know where they are now?
I found the 330 about five years ago being restored, and corresponded with those concerned. In different circumstances I might have been tempted to try and buy it, although the asking price was too high, but it has survived and is looking lovely.

As for the Dino, the answer is no I'm afraid, or not yet. The story behind it and indirectly the 330 is detailed here - https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/ian-m-st...
Like the story smile

Leithen

Original Poster:

11,430 posts

270 months

Sunday 8th October 2023
quotequote all
GingerMunky said:
Leithen said:
As alluded to in a couple of other threads, I have scratched the Ferrari itch with a year old Roma.
That's a stunning colour mate! Wow! And love the origins photo biggrin

I was less adventurous, and more cliched, for my first Ferrari (Roma) - Rossa Corsa and Crema.

Loving the Roma, more and more; and so do lots of other people when I am out and about.
Thank you! Loving the car, hating the weather! hehe

Managed to negotiate various car park ramps, entrances and exits, so feeling a bit more confident now. Need to play with the seat lumbar and other internal settings to be completely comfortable. Just love the bonnet view.

MrBogSmith

2,239 posts

37 months

Wednesday 11th October 2023
quotequote all
Awesome.

There's something about the badge / brand that can't be matched. You capture it with the childhood photos. It forms a live-long ambition / dream to have one.


F355GTS

3,726 posts

258 months

Friday 13th October 2023
quotequote all
great car, can you confirm the colour please thanks

Leithen

Original Poster:

11,430 posts

270 months

Friday 13th October 2023
quotequote all
F355GTS said:
great car, can you confirm the colour please thanks
Blu Roma. It’s listed as a special colour, which I presume simply is an excuse to charge more for it….

F355GTS

3,726 posts

258 months

Friday 13th October 2023
quotequote all
Leithen said:
F355GTS said:
great car, can you confirm the colour please thanks
Blu Roma. It’s listed as a special colour, which I presume simply is an excuse to charge more for it….
thumbup

Zippee

13,520 posts

237 months

Wednesday 13th December 2023
quotequote all
Funnily enough I was just perusing ads for the Roma's a few minutes ago smile
Your's looks stunning, I really love the blues on these cars and the Roma is one of the prettiest modern Ferraris about. I'm just not sure i can justify such an amount on a car thats weekend use only (I either WFH or commute by train) and I do love my current car - Merc AMG GTC, though that gives me a big first step in that I'll be used to the width and oil tanker sized bonnet pretty much form the off.
How are you finding it? Any niggles as yet?

TBCTBC

1,516 posts

92 months

Wednesday 13th December 2023
quotequote all
Perusing the AT ads, playing a game of "which car has been discounted the most".

Found one with 2,600 miles on the clock that's been discounted by £64k (25%)!

Leithen

Original Poster:

11,430 posts

270 months

Wednesday 13th December 2023
quotequote all
Loving it, that is until it was put to bed for the winter!

Only niggle has been the rear seat mechanism intermittently refusing to work. The dealership were great and picked the car up and returned it, but of course the seats worked fine whilst they had it. Luckily the service manager had witnessed the problem on an earlier visit, so it will be a case of seeing if it is a recurring problem.

Other than that, the all screen dash likes to claim that everything has failed after restarting at the petrol pumps. But you learn to just give the Italian girl a few moments to gather herself together and before you know it, everything is sweetness and light again. It's Italian, what do you expect... hehe

I've done 1000 miles in it and have absolutely no regrets. It is an event to drive in a way that my 992 simply wasn't. The ride comfort is exceptional, steering very direct, but not too twitchy, engine a delight. Third and fourth gear are ideal amongst the various highland roads that surround us here. I like the exhaust note, but then I'm wanting to verge on the slightly more discreet scale. And it's not too big either.

Looking forward to March/April and hopefully maybe having some European adventures. I'm definitely putting miles on it and letting the car market do what it will.

blueg33

36,909 posts

227 months

Wednesday 13th December 2023
quotequote all
Op. Your childhood was clearly more privileged than mine.

If I had been inspired by the cars my dad had when I was 8 I would be lusting after a Morris Marina estate!

Leithen

Original Poster:

11,430 posts

270 months

Wednesday 13th December 2023
quotequote all
blueg33 said:
Op. Your childhood was clearly more privileged than mine.

If I had been inspired by the cars my dad had when I was 8 I would be lusting after a Morris Marina estate!
Very fortunate and very thankful in so many ways.

My father did say later in life that he thought Mum had been very kind and forgiving to put up with his obsession with cars. To which, Mum immediately said, "rubbish, I loved every single one of them!"

cloud9

Mark_Blanchard

774 posts

258 months

Friday 29th December 2023
quotequote all
Great looking car. Must be very nice to walk into a dealer and buy one almost new.

The Roma side profile vaguely reminds me of the Daytona (the ultimate Ferrari for me when I was a kid), as does the rear.

Must have been great growing up around those Ferrari's, especial the Dino.


Leithen

Original Poster:

11,430 posts

270 months

Friday 29th December 2023
quotequote all
Thank you.

I too see the Daytona resemblance. Happy memories of them, probably more so than the Dino, which despite being so pretty, didn’t have the presence of the bigger car.

We could hear the Daytona coming from a mile away in the countryside too.

Cupid-stunt

2,671 posts

59 months

Friday 29th December 2023
quotequote all
Leithen said:
craig511 said:
Enjoy,

Gleneagles in the 2nd pic?
Yes! Lunch!
If you are in and around Perth / Crieff my lad would love to see the car (as would I)......

Leithen

Original Poster:

11,430 posts

270 months

Friday 29th December 2023
quotequote all
Cupid-stunt said:
If you are in and around Perth / Crieff my lad would love to see the car (as would I)......
You are welcome to. Hoping to be back out of storage in March.

PhilkSVR

1,164 posts

51 months

Friday 29th December 2023
quotequote all
Lovely car and very pretty. Never driven a Ferrari but I can understand it is a very special feeling. I am sure you will enjoy it.