550 Maranello article - they'll be Β£200k before you know it!

550 Maranello article - they'll be Β£200k before you know it!

Author
Discussion

ferrisbueller

24,381 posts

179 months

Tuesday 15th October 2019
quotequote all
cgt2 said:
And there was definitely a short run of Zagato 575's.

https://rmsothebys.com/en/auctions/mc14/monaco/lot...
Yes. And aren't they absolutely gopping.

Mario149

7,661 posts

130 months

Tuesday 15th October 2019
quotequote all
I've been out of my 550 (most recent Ferrari i owned) for 5 years now, but good to see them returning to vaguely sensible values so more people can enjoy them smile

MDL111

4,248 posts

129 months

Wednesday 16th October 2019
quotequote all
ferrisbueller said:
cgt2 said:
And there was definitely a short run of Zagato 575's.

https://rmsothebys.com/en/auctions/mc14/monaco/lot...
Yes. And aren't they absolutely gopping.
They are a bit challenging to the eye
Good on the owner for doing 28k km in it (also quality advert, given it states 23k km while the pic of the speedo shows 27.9x)

ferrisbueller

24,381 posts

179 months

Wednesday 16th October 2019
quotequote all
MDL111 said:
ferrisbueller said:
cgt2 said:
And there was definitely a short run of Zagato 575's.

https://rmsothebys.com/en/auctions/mc14/monaco/lot...
Yes. And aren't they absolutely gopping.
They are a bit challenging to the eye
Good on the owner for doing 28k km in it (also quality advert, given it states 23k km while the pic of the speedo shows 27.9x)
And the pictures appear to be from 2014.

That aside, what a wasted opportunity. The person who commissioned it is entitled to his taste, obviously. However, something like a reimagined 250 SWB on the 575 underpinnings could have been quite something but that would be unlikely given it was Zagato who were asked.

cgt2

1,454 posts

140 months

Wednesday 16th October 2019
quotequote all
I saw one in the flesh at Villa D'este around 7 years ago. I thought it didn't look that bad in the flesh but nowhere near the original, so a bit of a pointless exercise but then Zagato have had a few of those over the years!

phib

4,023 posts

211 months

Tuesday 24th March
quotequote all

kith

435 posts

197 months

Tuesday 24th March
quotequote all
phib said:
This will be interesting to watch !
https://collectingcars.com/for-sale/2000-ferrari-5...
Indeed, it could very well struggle to make much over £50k in the current environment.

bertie

8,142 posts

236 months

Wednesday 25th March
quotequote all
kith said:
Indeed, it could very well struggle to make much over £50k in the current environment.
Why would you try to sell at the current time?

phib

4,023 posts

211 months

Wednesday 25th March
quotequote all
bertie said:
Why would you try to sell at the current time?
Cash needed one assumes ?

ferrisbueller

24,381 posts

179 months

Wednesday 25th March
quotequote all
Owned for 6 months?

jtremlett

806 posts

174 months

Wednesday 25th March
quotequote all
ferrisbueller said:
Owned for 6 months?
Barkaway's had it for sale in October last year. They were asking £79,995.

NRS

15,671 posts

153 months

Wednesday 25th March
quotequote all
It's very hard to work out what will happen next. Of course there is the downturn, but we're also seeing huge amounts of money being printed. That has to end up somewhere, and it's likely going to go to assets at some point given the continual QE meaning money keeps being devalued over time.

ferrisbueller

24,381 posts

179 months

Wednesday 25th March
quotequote all
jtremlett said:
ferrisbueller said:
Owned for 6 months?
Barkaway's had it for sale in October last year. They were asking £79,995.
I recognise it. Was it owned by someone who has posted on these forums?

kith

435 posts

197 months

Thursday 26th March
quotequote all
jtremlett said:
arkaway's had it for sale in October last year. They were asking £79,995.
I thought the Barkaways one has standard alloys, not modular?

jtremlett

806 posts

174 months

Friday 27th March
quotequote all
kith said:
jtremlett said:
arkaway's had it for sale in October last year. They were asking £79,995.
I thought the Barkaways one has standard alloys, not modular?
The wheels may have been changed but it is definitely the same car.

Claret Badger

176 posts

120 months

Tuesday 31st March
quotequote all
ferrisbueller said:
I recognise it. Was it owned by someone who has posted on these forums?
Mine was identical with same wheels and spec and has been posted on here, but its not the same car. Mine still for sale on eBay for £90k I think. Someone might get a bargain with the auction one today!

Ferruccio

1,007 posts

71 months

Tuesday 31st March
quotequote all
phib said:
This will be interesting to watch !
https://collectingcars.com/for-sale/2000-ferrari-5...
£54,500

ettore

2,667 posts

204 months

Tuesday 31st March
quotequote all
£59,500

Calculator

603 posts

167 months

Tuesday 31st March
quotequote all
I don’t know much about these but that it lovely. Imagine it could be a great keeper for someone.

phib

4,023 posts

211 months

Tuesday 31st March
quotequote all
ettore said:
£59,500
Probably about right given the current madness !!

Phib