F12 from Dubai

F12 from Dubai

Author
Discussion

Jonny TVR

Original Poster:

3,021 posts

236 months

Its now showing in the sold section at 105 plus 6%. This is around the level I would have been interested at. Probably the cheapest F12 ever sold?

ferdi p

1,424 posts

127 months

Jonny TVR said:
Its now showing in the sold section at 105 plus 6%. This is around the level I would have been interested at. Probably the cheapest F12 ever sold?
111k for a LHD f12 with questionable history & no warranty. Hardly a bargain imo!

cgt2

1,612 posts

143 months

ferdi p said:
111k for a LHD f12 with questionable history & no warranty. Hardly a bargain imo!
Agreed, spend £30k more and get a decent one. With two and a half years since service the car in question may well need a £10k spend anyway, further narrowing the difference.

speedbird1000

103 posts

122 months

105k plus fees? I watched it as the timer hot 00.00 and it was at 95k. Something weird happened....

Stig

11,579 posts

239 months

speedbird1000 said:
105k plus fees? I watched it as the timer hot 00.00 and it was at 95k. Something weird happened....
CC can extend the auction end timing if there's active bidding.

DeuceDeuce

149 posts

47 months

I believe that the £105k includes fees as it’s quoted as ‘selling price’ and not ‘winning bid’.

I would hope CC gave up some/most of their normal 6% fee due to the issues with the website running up to the auction closing.

TP321

1,167 posts

153 months

Why is someone choosing the UK to sell a LHD car? Why not sell it in any European country where they drive on the left?

ferdi p

1,424 posts

127 months

TP321 said:
Why is someone choosing the UK to sell a LHD car? Why not sell it in any European country where they drive on the left?
Paperwork? Hassle? Etc...

I assume you know LHD cars have been selling in the UK for many, many years!?

R33FAL

336 posts

123 months

if you look at the pictures its in pretty bad nick. Dinged doors and rough-looking paint.

Also, it must be the most random placing of the GB number plate sign i have ever seen on a car

cayman-black

9,326 posts

171 months

Tuesday
quotequote all
R33FAL said:
if you look at the pictures its in pretty bad nick. Dinged doors and rough-looking paint.

Also, it must be the most random placing of the GB number plate sign i have ever seen on a car
Hmm, it was a good price, but as you say i don't think its a well looked after car.

speedbird1000

103 posts

122 months

Wednesday
quotequote all
105k is price paid to seller, 6k fees on top..

TP321

1,167 posts

153 months

Wednesday
quotequote all
ferdi p said:
Paperwork? Hassle? Etc...

I assume you know LHD cars have been selling in the UK for many, many years!?
Yes i am well aware of the fact, but thank you for making sure..

My point is why is someone selling a LHD car which has to be transported and registered from Dubai to a RHD market and not a LHD market. Surely its easier to sell in a LHD market.

trickywoo

8,472 posts

185 months

Yesterday (06:38)
quotequote all
TP321 said:
Yes i am well aware of the fact, but thank you for making sure..

My point is why is someone selling a LHD car which has to be transported and registered from Dubai to a RHD market and not a LHD market. Surely its easier to sell in a LHD market.
I don’t know for a fact but I would guess UK tax and a strong market here make it more lucrative.

ferdi p

1,424 posts

127 months

Yesterday (07:42)
quotequote all
TP321 said:
Yes i am well aware of the fact, but thank you for making sure..

My point is why is someone selling a LHD car which has to be transported and registered from Dubai to a RHD market and not a LHD market. Surely its easier to sell in a LHD market.
I don't think it got transported here specifically to sell. The car came here 3 yrs ago in 2017 so I'm assuming the owner wanted it in the UK.