308/328 Values

308/328 Values

Author
Discussion

Behemoth

2,105 posts

92 months

Wednesday 7th May 2014
quotequote all
erics said:
Yup, but they are not blue and they are POA which is really annoying.

Go and try to find a clean 328 gts in black or blue... Good luck!
Just buy a red one and wrap it in whatever colour floats your boat.

bertie

8,254 posts

245 months

Wednesday 7th May 2014
quotequote all
erics said:
Yup, but they are not blue and they are POA which is really annoying.

Go and try to find a clean 328 gts in black or blue... Good luck!
OK, but 2 minutes on the phone and the POA is answered, think both were £50k if my memory serves.

I've just bought a red 308 QV thanks but got a TDF blue 575 too if that helps biggrin

preA356

127 posts

168 months

Thursday 15th May 2014
quotequote all
there is a nice rosso metallic red 308 gts qv at the Ferrari center, this seems a rare colour, does anybody know the car or know how many of the 308's were in this colour.
would like to know about the history of the car if anyone has any info

thanks

4rephill

4,602 posts

139 months

Friday 16th May 2014
quotequote all
Nmj said:
so what did you buy in the end then ??
Sorry for the late reply!

What did I buy in the end?: Due to the 308/328 GTS' values climbing so fast and out running Me I've bought a 1990 348 TS in "resale" red with cream leather interior - Picking it up this coming Saturday.

It's cost Me £5K more than I originally planned on spending on a Ferrari because the prices have been rising that fast.

I've also bought a rare folding soft top roof panel from the states due to the fact that at 6'2", I can't fit in it with the targa roof behind the seats.

Don't get the wrong idea, for Me this isn't about the money, it's about fulfilling a 36 year dream. Should I lose money on the car for any reason then so be it! - At least I wont spend the rest of My life being one of those: "Would've, should've, could've" people who talk about what they could do but never do it!







Behemoth

2,105 posts

92 months

Friday 16th May 2014
quotequote all
preA356 said:
there is a nice rosso metallic red 308 gts qv at the Ferrari center, this seems a rare colour, does anybody know the car or know how many of the 308's were in this colour.
would like to know about the history of the car if anyone has any info

thanks
Are you talking about a Rosso Rubino maybe? Not many. I think more GT4s were done in this - and it's quite a 70s colour, I guess. By the time of the qv, it had fallen out of favour a little. At least that's the impression I get.

Nmj

274 posts

107 months

Friday 16th May 2014
quotequote all
4rephill said:
Sorry for the late reply!

What did I buy in the end?: Due to the 308/328 GTS' values climbing so fast and out running Me I've bought a 1990 348 TS in "resale" red with cream leather interior - Picking it up this coming Saturday.

It's cost Me £5K more than I originally planned on spending on a Ferrari because the prices have been rising that fast.

I've also bought a rare folding soft top roof panel from the states due to the fact that at 6'2", I can't fit in it with the targa roof behind the seats.

Don't get the wrong idea, for Me this isn't about the money, it's about fulfilling a 36 year dream. Should I lose money on the car for any reason then so be it! - At least I wont spend the rest of My life being one of those: "Would've, should've, could've" people who talk about what they could do but never do it!

well done ! , as much as my love of 308 is well known , i do like the 348 a lot ! , enjoy

wineman02

396 posts

160 months

Sunday 18th May 2014
quotequote all
It is lovely to be making some money on a car for a change! I have just renewed my insurance and on the recomendation of a well know dealer insured it for the foreourt price of £60k for my 1989 328 GTS with 35k on the clock and in very good condition.

wineman02

396 posts

160 months

Sunday 18th May 2014
quotequote all
It is lovely to be making some money on a car for a change! I have just renewed my insurance and on the recomendation of a well know dealer insured it for the foreourt price of £60k for my 1989 328 GTS with 35k on the clock and in very good condition.

4rephill

4,602 posts

139 months

Sunday 18th May 2014
quotequote all
wineman02 said:
It is lovely to be making some money on a car for a change! I have just renewed my insurance and on the recomendation of a well know dealer insured it for the foreourt price of £60k for my 1989 328 GTS with 35k on the clock and in very good condition.
You'll only make money on it if you sell it! (But I know what you mean! wink ).

I'd originally weighed up paying out @ £25K on a BMW M3 or M5. When I thought about it, I realised that these would probably lose @ £10K in 5 years.

I then realised that for a few thousand more, I could realise My lifelong dream and get a Ferrari. The insurance was a lot less than for an ///M car due to classic insurance and service costs were quite similar (the Ferrari actually works out slightly cheaper!).

This came with the bonus that (market conditions prevailing),unlike the ///M cars, the Ferrari would actually go up in value each year (of course, as I've previously posted, there could possibly come a sudden drop in values, but in the long run, if you can hang on in there with a Ferrari, the values do go up).

As My brother in Law stated when I told him all the facts of owning a Ferrari Vs a newish ///M car: "When you look at it, it seems a bit bizarre but the Ferrari is the most sensible choice! - Who'd have ever thought that!"

As for the 308/328's, their values are sky rocketing.

Talking to the Ferrari Centre yesterday when I picked up My 348, I was told that 308/328's are getting harder to find now because many owners who were looking to sell are hanging onto them as the values rising on a almost weekly basis and they don't want to lose out on getting the best price possible.

As was posted about a 355 being sold, by the time the deal was done, price agreed and finances sorted, the value had risen by @ £5K and the owner was trying to raise the price accordingly. That's not fair on the buyer, at the end of the day, a deal is a deal, and once made you should really stand by it, but I can understand the owners position.

The speculators are starting to take the values of Ferrari's beyond the reach of the enthusiasts and the warning signs are starting to appear!

As the song goes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15QngStkp-E

Enjoy it while it lasts but don't get caught out! - Sooner or later the bubble will burst! wink

robinredbrest

150 posts

203 months

Sunday 18th May 2014
quotequote all
wineman02 said:
It is lovely to be making some money on a car for a change! I have just renewed my insurance and on the recomendation of a well know dealer insured it for the foreourt price of £60k for my 1989 328 GTS with 35k on the clock and in very good condition.
Are any of these prices actually being realised? I have a '79 308 GTB I would like to sell, but who knows how to value it??

Nmj

274 posts

107 months

Sunday 18th May 2014
quotequote all
robinredbrest said:
Are any of these prices actually being realised? I have a '79 308 GTB I would like to sell, but who knows how to value it??
let me have details and i can give you a pretty good idea if you would like

4rephill

4,602 posts

139 months

Sunday 18th May 2014
quotequote all
robinredbrest said:
Are any of these prices actually being realised? I have a '79 308 GTB I would like to sell, but who knows how to value it??
Yes, they genuinely are!

Let's put it this way, previously these cars were being advertised with a Price attached to them.

Now, the majority of them are being advertised as POA. Why? - Because that way the sellers can adjust the price as the market moves upwards (almost on a weekly basis!).

When it comes to 308/328's, people are starting to buy them over the phone, sight unseen because they don't want to lose out on a car!

Best advice? - If you're in the market to sell right now, get a few people to value the car and don't tie yourself down with an advertised price because next week it could be worth a couple of Thousand more already! - Put it as POA and keep things flexible.

Basically, the days of the bargain 308/328's are gone! (for now at least!)

Aero8

370 posts

245 months

Monday 19th May 2014
quotequote all
wineman02 said:
It is lovely to be making some money on a car for a change! I have just renewed my insurance and on the recomendation of a well know dealer insured it for the foreourt price of £60k for my 1989 328 GTS with 35k on the clock and in very good condition.
Thats interesting, I queried my insurance companies 'market value' of my car a couple of months ago at £45k. Mine is mint and 12k miles. The insurer suggested I could get it valued by a specialist and forward it to them, otherwise £45k was the figure they would use. I did think £60k was more like it.

Bacchus

583 posts

245 months

Monday 19th May 2014
quotequote all
I find it "funny" and interesting that everyone is interested in purchasing these cars, almost
nobody wanted them 15 years back...

bertie

8,254 posts

245 months

Monday 19th May 2014
quotequote all
Bacchus said:
I find it "funny" and interesting that everyone is interested in purchasing these cars, almost
nobody wanted them 15 years back...
Happened all over, not that long ago you couldn't give away a 550 Barchetta!

Alex1990

10 posts

97 months

Monday 19th May 2014
quotequote all
preA356 said:
there is a nice rosso metallic red 308 gts qv at the Ferrari center, this seems a rare colour, does anybody know the car or know how many of the 308's were in this colour.
would like to know about the history of the car if anyone has any info

thanks
This QV is now sold.

Mal001

1,060 posts

189 months

Monday 19th May 2014
quotequote all
Alex1990 said:
This QV is now sold.
preA356 bought it.

Cerbieherts

1,644 posts

102 months

Monday 19th May 2014
quotequote all
Nice to see them finally Rising in value. In particular the 328, which has spent years in the duldroms despite being such a fantastic car.

Aero8

370 posts

245 months

Monday 19th May 2014
quotequote all
bertie said:
Bacchus said:
I find it "funny" and interesting that everyone is interested in purchasing these cars, almost
nobody wanted them 15 years back...
Happened all over, not that long ago you couldn't give away a 550 Barchetta!
I find it 'funny' that 15 years ago no one wanted Dinos either.

Bacchus

583 posts

245 months

Tuesday 20th May 2014
quotequote all
Aero8 said:
bertie said:
Bacchus said:
I find it "funny" and interesting that everyone is interested in purchasing these cars, almost
nobody wanted them 15 years back...
Happened all over, not that long ago you couldn't give away a 550 Barchetta!
I find it 'funny' that 15 years ago no one wanted Dinos either.
+1 ! Not to speak of Fiat Dinos!!!