Should I buy a Hurracan performante

Should I buy a Hurracan performante

Author
Discussion

11,608 posts

242 months

Thursday 18th June
quotequote all
rat rod said:
Normally the more you spend the more you will loose in percentage terms but with the price of early Huracans dropping it won't be long the prices will be rubbing shoulders with late Gallardo's so then would be down to preference on which model you would like, So i would have thought that the prices of the Gallardos should drop accordingly even some of the limited edition ones ,i have a gen one manual and think that will take a drop but maybe not so much as the later cars. I would put money into the Performante every time it's a no brainer, most seem to be very low mileage with high spec's which the first owner had to pay a premium for and depending on the discounts on new Evo's and finance deals offered with them the Performante's seem to be at sensible prices. In my opinion i don't think any super car needs to be any quicker or bigger unless you own a race track; the perfect package ,it seems to have the rawness the EVO lacks, Do we really need a thousand b.h.p . I'll have mine in Verde Mantis please.
Thing is, Perf owners have no appetite for the Evo, so dealers are struggling to shift them as it's a big jump from Huracan money. Huracans won't drop to Gallardo levels, they're too different and, to my eye, the Huracan makes the G look quite dated (even though I love them too)

Evo is probably a more practical road car (softer than perf, but same power), but just doesn't look as dramatic. The new Evo RWD is perhaps more appealing for those who like a more engaging drive, but again, the Perf just feels (and is) more 'special'.

Price wise, they are a bit all over the place. The ones quoted above are a mixed bag. The black car is a dog (ex Silverstone car), the orange car I almost bought back in Feb, but missing service history (it was due a service back then and still hasn't had one, now up at 175k at an indie!), no idea about the Ferrari main dealer car.

Spec makes quite a difference, I've waited for 6 months for a car with comforts with all the right options - but it was worth it. I think you'll like it Rat Rod smile


rat rod

657 posts

23 months

Thursday 18th June
quotequote all
said:
rat rod said:
Normally the more you spend the more you will loose in percentage terms but with the price of early Huracans dropping it won't be long the prices will be rubbing shoulders with late Gallardo's so then would be down to preference on which model you would like, So i would have thought that the prices of the Gallardos should drop accordingly even some of the limited edition ones ,i have a gen one manual and think that will take a drop but maybe not so much as the later cars. I would put money into the Performante every time it's a no brainer, most seem to be very low mileage with high spec's which the first owner had to pay a premium for and depending on the discounts on new Evo's and finance deals offered with them the Performante's seem to be at sensible prices. In my opinion i don't think any super car needs to be any quicker or bigger unless you own a race track; the perfect package ,it seems to have the rawness the EVO lacks, Do we really need a thousand b.h.p . I'll have mine in Verde Mantis please.
Thing is, Perf owners have no appetite for the Evo, so dealers are struggling to shift them as it's a big jump from Huracan money. Huracans won't drop to Gallardo levels, they're too different and, to my eye, the Huracan makes the G look quite dated (even though I love them too)

Evo is probably a more practical road car (softer than perf, but same power), but just doesn't look as dramatic. The new Evo RWD is perhaps more appealing for those who like a more engaging drive, but again, the Perf just feels (and is) more 'special'.

Price wise, they are a bit all over the place. The ones quoted above are a mixed bag. The black car is a dog (ex Silverstone car), the orange car I almost bought back in Feb, but missing service history (it was due a service back then and still hasn't had one, now up at 175k at an indie!), no idea about the Ferrari main dealer car.

Spec makes quite a difference, I've waited for 6 months for a car with comforts with all the right options - but it was worth it. I think you'll like it Rat Rod smile

Good man! The right car will always turn up, just got to be patient which you have proved. Nothing worse than compromising and a few weeks later the wright car turns up . That car ,that colour just works together. Enjoy !! If i remember correctly did you buy your Gallardo from
Pangbourne ,being nosy did you the Performante from them as well.
Edited by rat rod on Thursday 18th June 18:08




Edited by rat rod on Thursday 18th June 18:23

11,608 posts

242 months

Thursday 18th June
quotequote all
rat rod said:
Good man! The right car will always turn up, just got to be patient which you have proved. Nothing worse than compromising and a few weeks later the wright car turns up . That car ,that colour just works together. Enjoy !! If i remember correctly did you buy your Gallardo from
Pangbourne ,being nosy did you the Performante from them as well.
Edited by rat rod on Thursday 18th June 18:08


Edited by rat rod on Thursday 18th June 18:23
Yup, it's from Pangbourne smile Collecting next week.

Not the cheapest car, but very much the 'right' car. Cheap Lambos are to be avoided IMHO. At this price point, why the hell would you compromise - it will come back to bite you.

I called it in Feb - 170k is right ballpark for an '18. Add 10k and a bit (maybe) for a '19. Anything less is ether a bargain (distressed sale) or a dog.

So excited to pick it up!! smile

rat rod

657 posts

23 months

Thursday 18th June
quotequote all
said:
rat rod said:
Good man! The right car will always turn up, just got to be patient which you have proved. Nothing worse than compromising and a few weeks later the wright car turns up . That car ,that colour just works together. Enjoy !! If i remember correctly did you buy your Gallardo from
Pangbourne ,being nosy did you the Performante from them as well.
Edited by rat rod on Thursday 18th June 18:08


Edited by rat rod on Thursday 18th June 18:23
Yup, it's from Pangbourne smile Collecting next week.

Not the cheapest car, but very much the 'right' car. Cheap Lambos are to be avoided IMHO. At this price point, why the hell would you compromise - it will come back to bite you.

I called it in Feb - 170k is right ballpark for an '18. Add 10k and a bit (maybe) for a '19. Anything less is ether a bargain (distressed sale) or a dog.

So excited to pick it up!! smile
Yes you sound excited and who can blame you. For what i can remember you live a far distance away,if you are collecting it,what a epic drive home ! lucky man

DamanC

31 posts

101 months

Monday 22nd June
quotequote all
Hi Guys,

Thought I would pop in after being a Perf perv for some time now.

Pulled the trigger on this at the weekend: https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/202... To be totally honest I wasn't planning on doing so but when the right spec comes along you kinda just have to go for it!

First and foremost, spectacular cars. I don't need to go into detail, most of that is covered everywhere else here and on the internet. Pretty much everything everyone says aligns with everyone else.

Would like to just add a little info from what I have gathered from my research and experiences of driving quite a few and briskly.

For me (5ft 10", 13st, mid 30's) my main issue was Coupe vs Spyder and Comfort seats vs Carbon/sports seats, whilst different concerns they interlock;

Coupe vs Spyder - Both amazing variations of the car but do offer two different experiences. The coupe feels far more raw/race car whilst the Spyder felt a little more refined. There is less room in the Spyder as you all know, and you definitely notice it. Visibility in the coupe is better, you can glance over your shoulder when changing lanes as where the Spyder you kind of just nail it and then look in the wing mirrors.

Comfort seats vs Carbon/sports seats - The comfort seats are amazing and are one of the most comfortable car seats I have had the pleasure of - heated and adjustable means they will work for (almost everyone) however you sit quite high in them compared to the sport/carbon seats. The sport/carbon seats are incredibly raw and have little padding and no adjustment however they do certainly put you in the "right" position. In direct comparison they offer two very different experiences - with sports seats I feel much more at one with the car and the feedback which the result was far more confidence. They are a far more rewarding and imo the superior seat to work with. For anyone looking for a Perf, you 100% HAVE to try both - do not just try one - both will probably work for you but you may find that one or the other simply is not for you.

I think anyone over 6ft 1/2" would struggle in a Spyder with Comfort seats - I'm probably a good 50/50 rather than all legs or all torso and in a Spyder with comfort seats I was very close to the top of the wind shield - I didn't like that combination and found it incredibly distracting once the roof was off.

As for prices, they are all over the shot. Most on the market seem to be SOR - owners of course kind of dictate the price and market and this is where I kind of see that variation come into play. Some are there to be sold, some are there to maybe be sold if the right offer comes along. They have been around north of 2 years now, much of the initial depreciation has happened and now production has stopped, Evo's are now widely available so the buyer now has a "choice" the last 2/3 months has seen them level out and kind of calm down a little.

Personally I think compared to the Evo, the Perf is a steal for those looking for a more raw experience. I also personally think compared to the "normal" Huracan, the Perf is under valued and also compared to other marques in a similar price bracket remains undervalued.



s2000db

896 posts

111 months

Monday 22nd June
quotequote all
Fabulous purchase and lovely car, hope that you enjoy it!

Please feel free to ask any questions...

rat rod

657 posts

23 months

Monday 22nd June
quotequote all
DamanC said:
Hi Guys,

Thought I would pop in after being a Perf perv for some time now.

Pulled the trigger on this at the weekend: https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/202... To be totally honest I wasn't planning on doing so but when the right spec comes along you kinda just have to go for it!

First and foremost, spectacular cars. I don't need to go into detail, most of that is covered everywhere else here and on the internet. Pretty much everything everyone says aligns with everyone else.

Would like to just add a little info from what I have gathered from my research and experiences of driving quite a few and briskly.

For me (5ft 10", 13st, mid 30's) my main issue was Coupe vs Spyder and Comfort seats vs Carbon/sports seats, whilst different concerns they interlock;

Coupe vs Spyder - Both amazing variations of the car but do offer two different experiences. The coupe feels far more raw/race car whilst the Spyder felt a little more refined. There is less room in the Spyder as you all know, and you definitely notice it. Visibility in the coupe is better, you can glance over your shoulder when changing lanes as where the Spyder you kind of just nail it and then look in the wing mirrors.

Comfort seats vs Carbon/sports seats - The comfort seats are amazing and are one of the most comfortable car seats I have had the pleasure of - heated and adjustable means they will work for (almost everyone) however you sit quite high in them compared to the sport/carbon seats. The sport/carbon seats are incredibly raw and have little padding and no adjustment however they do certainly put you in the "right" position. In direct comparison they offer two very different experiences - with sports seats I feel much more at one with the car and the feedback which the result was far more confidence. They are a far more rewarding and imo the superior seat to work with. For anyone looking for a Perf, you 100% HAVE to try both - do not just try one - both will probably work for you but you may find that one or the other simply is not for you.

I think anyone over 6ft 1/2" would struggle in a Spyder with Comfort seats - I'm probably a good 50/50 rather than all legs or all torso and in a Spyder with comfort seats I was very close to the top of the wind shield - I didn't like that combination and found it incredibly distracting once the roof was off.

As for prices, they are all over the shot. Most on the market seem to be SOR - owners of course kind of dictate the price and market and this is where I kind of see that variation come into play. Some are there to be sold, some are there to maybe be sold if the right offer comes along. They have been around north of 2 years now, much of the initial depreciation has happened and now production has stopped, Evo's are now widely available so the buyer now has a "choice" the last 2/3 months has seen them level out and kind of calm down a little.

Personally I think compared to the Evo, the Perf is a steal for those looking for a more raw experience. I also personally think compared to the "normal" Huracan, the Perf is under valued and also compared to other marques in a similar price bracket remains undervalued.
Don't want one now,becoming to common especially in that colour. ( not) only joking.cars look stunning guys. enjoy !!

11,608 posts

242 months

Thursday 25th June
quotequote all
DamanC said:
Hi Guys,

Thought I would pop in after being a Perf perv for some time now.

Pulled the trigger on this at the weekend: https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/202... To be totally honest I wasn't planning on doing so but when the right spec comes along you kinda just have to go for it!

First and foremost, spectacular cars. I don't need to go into detail, most of that is covered everywhere else here and on the internet. Pretty much everything everyone says aligns with everyone else.

Would like to just add a little info from what I have gathered from my research and experiences of driving quite a few and briskly.

For me (5ft 10", 13st, mid 30's) my main issue was Coupe vs Spyder and Comfort seats vs Carbon/sports seats, whilst different concerns they interlock;

Coupe vs Spyder - Both amazing variations of the car but do offer two different experiences. The coupe feels far more raw/race car whilst the Spyder felt a little more refined. There is less room in the Spyder as you all know, and you definitely notice it. Visibility in the coupe is better, you can glance over your shoulder when changing lanes as where the Spyder you kind of just nail it and then look in the wing mirrors.

Comfort seats vs Carbon/sports seats - The comfort seats are amazing and are one of the most comfortable car seats I have had the pleasure of - heated and adjustable means they will work for (almost everyone) however you sit quite high in them compared to the sport/carbon seats. The sport/carbon seats are incredibly raw and have little padding and no adjustment however they do certainly put you in the "right" position. In direct comparison they offer two very different experiences - with sports seats I feel much more at one with the car and the feedback which the result was far more confidence. They are a far more rewarding and imo the superior seat to work with. For anyone looking for a Perf, you 100% HAVE to try both - do not just try one - both will probably work for you but you may find that one or the other simply is not for you.

I think anyone over 6ft 1/2" would struggle in a Spyder with Comfort seats - I'm probably a good 50/50 rather than all legs or all torso and in a Spyder with comfort seats I was very close to the top of the wind shield - I didn't like that combination and found it incredibly distracting once the roof was off.

As for prices, they are all over the shot. Most on the market seem to be SOR - owners of course kind of dictate the price and market and this is where I kind of see that variation come into play. Some are there to be sold, some are there to maybe be sold if the right offer comes along. They have been around north of 2 years now, much of the initial depreciation has happened and now production has stopped, Evo's are now widely available so the buyer now has a "choice" the last 2/3 months has seen them level out and kind of calm down a little.

Personally I think compared to the Evo, the Perf is a steal for those looking for a more raw experience. I also personally think compared to the "normal" Huracan, the Perf is under valued and also compared to other marques in a similar price bracket remains undervalued.
Good choice smile

As you can see above, our cars are pretty similar but I wanted comforts (buckets look fabulous, but couldn't live with them comfort wise). Collected mine yesterday and drove for almost 3 hours - got out feeling as fresh as when I started albeit somewhat mind boggled by the performance and handling envelope especially on nice warm roads.

Totally agree that vs the Evo the Perf is head an shoulders above it. Whilst the Evo has same power, it just seems to be a bit too 'civilised'. Lambo's need a wing and lairyness IMHO and the Perf has that in spades. As my son said during his test flght wink when spanking it in Corsa mod, 'Well, that's never going to get old' - he's absolutely right too!! smile

Yours appears to be barely run in - enjoy it!!


PHOENIXUK

2,193 posts

159 months

Friday 26th June
quotequote all
Difference between Sport and Corsa in the Performante 'seems' huge, find myself in Corsa most of the time now, even with rock 'ard' seats... lick

dazmanultra

258 posts

50 months

Friday 26th June
quotequote all
Only trouble with Corsa is bouncing off the limiter.

Stig

11,608 posts

242 months

Saturday 27th June
quotequote all
dazmanultra said:
Only trouble with Corsa is bouncing off the limiter.
Come on, you can’t expect the car to do all the work! smile

Honestly think this car is under rated, even though it has glowing reviews. It’s the ultimate Jeckle and Hyde Supercar. I really struggle to see how it can be improved (and yes, I have comfort seats wink )

RSbandit

1,249 posts

90 months

Saturday 27th June
quotequote all
Absolutely love these congrats on the new cars gents!

johnbear

1,566 posts

193 months

Monday 6th July
quotequote all
I brought a Performante in January from Tunbridge Wells Lamborghini. It's an insane machine, its like driving an angry bear around that snarls and growls, its everything I imagined a Lamborghini to be. I did test drive an Evo but it just lacked the drama of the Performante.

WilliamWaiver

403 posts

3 months

Monday 6th July
quotequote all
johnbear said:
I brought a Performante in January from Tunbridge Wells Lamborghini. It's an insane machine, its like driving an angry bear around that snarls and growls, its everything I imagined a Lamborghini to be. I did test drive an Evo but it just lacked the drama of the Performante.
Congrats !

Totally agree the Performante is so much louder and aggressive than the standard evo and the one to have.
Spyder with roof down would be insane

johnbear

1,566 posts

193 months

Thursday 9th July
quotequote all
WilliamWaiver said:
Congrats !

Totally agree the Performante is so much louder and aggressive than the standard evo and the one to have.
Spyder with roof down would be insane
Would have loved a spyder but brought the Performante for driving holidays, therefore could not afford the loss of luggage space behind seats.

DrDaveWatford

98 posts

184 months

Friday 10th July
quotequote all
WilliamWaiver said:
Spyder with roof down would be insane
It is.

smile

It's lovely to see the excitement of the new HP owners on here. It never gets old, folks!

D.


s2000db

896 posts

111 months

Saturday 11th July
quotequote all
It’s still the best car in the sector, and prices are definitely firming... Enjoy!

WilliamWaiver

403 posts

3 months

Saturday 11th July
quotequote all
s2000db said:
It’s still the best car in the sector, and prices are definitely firming... Enjoy!
I hope so as they took a massive drop and seem great value for money but then again so do a lot of cars these days. The one exception seems to be the over hyped IMHO 458 which is still a ridiculously high price for a 10 yr old car

SVJBalboni

214 posts

12 months

Friday 17th July
quotequote all
WilliamWaiver said:
I hope so as they took a massive drop and seem great value for money but then again so do a lot of cars these days. The one exception seems to be the over hyped IMHO 458 which is still a ridiculously high price for a 10 yr old car
Ferrari fanboys,.

I had a 19 Perf coupe, it's one of the greatest Lamborghini models ever produced. It's an incredible car to drive and you can easily daily one even though it's a track focused car. You can't go wrong picking one up at current.

And for the life of me I don't know why people are paying so much for the EVO. I guess dealers have done a good job pumping up the EVO as the latest and greatest. I guess some people are willing to pay premium for the god awful touchscreen.

WilliamWaiver

403 posts

3 months

Friday 17th July
quotequote all
SVJBalboni said:
Ferrari fanboys,.

I had a 19 Perf coupe, it's one of the greatest Lamborghini models ever produced. It's an incredible car to drive and you can easily daily one even though it's a track focused car. You can't go wrong picking one up at current.

And for the life of me I don't know why people are paying so much for the EVO. I guess dealers have done a good job pumping up the EVO as the latest and greatest. I guess some people are willing to pay premium for the god awful touchscreen.
Are Evo's selling that well ?
As a standard model upgrade I think its a step up from the original Huracan but there is no way would I pay more for an Evo than a Performante because of an irritating touch screen. A final Performante or STS version of the Evo might be interesting but that could be £300k+ and wouldn't warrant the extra £120k IMHO over a current Performante