Should I buy a Hurracan performante

Should I buy a Hurracan performante

Author
Discussion

DamanC

31 posts

101 months

Saturday 29th August
quotequote all
WilliamWaiver said:
sun bleached
That was the exact word(s) I used to "justify" going to look at a "green one" to the other half. It goes a kind of pastel colour in the sun. Both exceptional colours.


0to60

728 posts

179 months

Saturday 29th August
quotequote all
DamanC said:
Lovely car, in fact I'm pretty sure I have give your car some beans through the twists in eastern Essex and as a result very very nearly brought it. Bottled it in favour of Verde Mantis in the end. Did it belong to someone that your recognize on the V5?
Thanks so much. Hahaha. Yes I remember reading on here you were looking at that one first. How dare you add some miles to it (LOL). You got yours from GVE right? I follow you on insta too. Lovely pics and vid of your car. Hahaha yes. When I was first told the name I actually didn't have a clue as I don't follow that, but a look on insta confirmed it.

0to60

728 posts

179 months

Saturday 29th August
quotequote all
DrDaveWatford said:
Excellent choice of colour, although as a fellow Arancio Borealis HP (Spyder) owner I guess you'd expect me to say that!

Enjoy - they're awesome!

D.
Ahhh lovely Dave. Hope to see yours soon and get a photo op with both orange cars

WilliamWaiver

403 posts

3 months

Saturday 29th August
quotequote all
DamanC said:
That was the exact word(s) I used to "justify" going to look at a "green one" to the other half. It goes a kind of pastel colour in the sun. Both exceptional colours.

I really wanted orange but was a little disappointed it wasn't a stronger tone like the McLaren Ventura Orange. I think if I saw it in isolation I would think Arancio Borealis was great but comparing it to the McLaren equivalent made me to unsure.

In stark contrast Lamborghini's Verde Mantis was a lot stronger than McLarens Napier green which I also love.

All great colours and for me a lambo has to be citrus

DamanC

31 posts

101 months

Saturday 29th August
quotequote all
0to60 said:
Thanks so much. Hahaha. Yes I remember reading on here you were looking at that one first. How dare you add some miles to it (LOL). You got yours from GVE right? I follow you on insta too. Lovely pics and vid of your car. Hahaha yes. When I was first told the name I actually didn't have a clue as I don't follow that, but a look on insta confirmed it.
Yup, unfortunately GVE. Great car, shat service.

Sorry about the extra mileage angel if its any conciliation your car sealed the deal for me, fantastic car and like I say, would have had it. The Tricolore on the mirrors and matt sils was the biggest give away, a very rare combo. The guys at Lambo Chelmsford are also great to deal with - presume Anthony was your man?


DamanC

31 posts

101 months

Saturday 29th August
quotequote all
WilliamWaiver said:
I really wanted orange but was a little disappointed it wasn't a stronger tone like the McLaren Ventura Orange. I think if I saw it in isolation I would think Arancio Borealis was great but comparing it to the McLaren equivalent made me to unsure.

In stark contrast Lamborghini's Verde Mantis was a lot stronger than McLarens Napier green which I also love.

All great colours and for me a lambo has to be citrus
Amen!

0to60

728 posts

179 months

Saturday 29th August
quotequote all
DamanC said:
Yup, unfortunately GVE. Great car, shat service.

Sorry about the extra mileage angel if its any conciliation your car sealed the deal for me, fantastic car and like I say, would have had it. The Tricolore on the mirrors and matt sils was the biggest give away, a very rare combo. The guys at Lambo Chelmsford are also great to deal with - presume Anthony was your man?

Oh dear, well at least you saved the car from the grasp. Such a nice spec you have too. I kept on looking at the pics of your car when it was on the ad listings. Until you just said it, I actually thought all Perfs came with matt sills and mirrors etc. Just looked and have seen that others are gloss. But yes the tricolore stripes on the mirrors are a nice touch for sure. Correct, Anthony was the man. He was awesome to deal with right from the start. All of them are super friendly

The exhaustman

19 posts

26 months

Saturday 17th October
quotequote all
Ballistic said:
I was tipped off by a Lamborghini After Sales Manager.

It's because the cars mileage is recorded in so many places, that can't all be accessed by these mileage adjustment companies, that it's so easy to spot with the main dealer diagnostics.
I was told this week by an official dealer, that if they discover a clocked car it will be excluded from being serviced by the dealer network. He also advised me to be cautious about clocked cars.

SVJBalboni

214 posts

12 months

Saturday 17th October
quotequote all
I would until end of next month before making a move on the Perf. The STO is going to be announced and it will impact HP prices.

The exhaustman

19 posts

26 months

Saturday 17th October
quotequote all
SVJBalboni said:
I would until end of next month before making a move on the Perf. The STO is going to be announced and it will impact HP prices.
STO ?

SVJBalboni

214 posts

12 months

Saturday 17th October
quotequote all
The exhaustman said:
STO ?



New track focused Huracan, RWD, 640hp and around 135kg lighter. Market intro cars are been spec'd as we speak, virtual unveiling for dealers is next month.

The exhaustman

19 posts

26 months

Saturday 17th October
quotequote all
Hopefully Perf prices will be impacted as I'm suffering from mission creep ; Gallardo SL > Huracan > Perf.

I like the 'special cars' but have driven a SL2 and was wholly unimpressed with the E gear given my GTR experience. There's a definite financial crossover into a Huracan with the twin clutch gearbox and the difference to a Perf seems not too bad.....and they look awesome.

WilliamWaiver

403 posts

3 months

Saturday 17th October
quotequote all
Cant see STOs impacting Perf prices much as its an extreme niche car.
A few perf coupe owners may change but it will be a chunk of money and less practical car.
You are also not going to see a STO on the used market for some time

DrDaveWatford

98 posts

184 months

Monday 19th October
quotequote all
The exhaustman said:
Hopefully Perf prices will be impacted as I'm suffering from mission creep ; Gallardo SL > Huracan > Perf.
Ha! Beware, as that was exactly what happened to me, except that I was on the lookout for a Spyder. Started out looking for a Gallardo, then my head was turned by a pre-owned Huracan, and eventually I ended up with a brand new HP Spyder. Budget comprehensively exceeded....

The exhaustman

19 posts

26 months

Monday 19th October
quotequote all
DrDaveWatford said:
Ha! Beware, as that was exactly what happened to me, except that I was on the lookout for a Spyder. Started out looking for a Gallardo, then my head was turned by a pre-owned Huracan, and eventually I ended up with a brand new HP Spyder. Budget comprehensively exceeded....
I'm looking for a HP coupe. Strangely I either want to buy from an official dealer or privately post dealer check. There doesn't appear to be much price advantage from non franchised car dealers and there's non of the official dealer advantages. Birmingham said all of their cars are fully serviced and 1 year comprehensive warranty. Private obviously has a benefit financially.