Huracan help - 1st time buyer - owner advice please

Huracan help - 1st time buyer - owner advice please

Author
Discussion

SVJBalboni

348 posts

22 months

Thursday 11th February
quotequote all
Shame Sensonum is missing from the STO.

tigertiger12

Original Poster:

74 posts

7 months

Thursday 11th February
quotequote all
Well my budget has increased a fair bit for this vehicle, the Mac is much cheaper and great for those that may have to put up with some issues for the experience of driving such a car but for me it is not an option. I think if you are 'well known' then i'm sure mac would 'sort you out'. Many people also complain about lengthy waits for parts for Macs, more so than the huracan, though this is also part and parcel of supercar ownership in any case it just seems a longer wait and occurs more often in a Mac than a huracan. That leaves me up the creek. Too many owners commend the reliability of the huracan which is by far more important to me. Even if it costs more, I will get more back when I decide to sell. I have gone off a white Huracan as it seems it may take a while to sell, unless others say different. However louder colours do sell quicker.

I am keen on certain options such as:

electric folding mirrors
race exhaust
TEB & forged carbon engine bay
rear spoiler
cruise control
sensonum audio upgrade

then the obvious:
rear camera
parking sensors
front lift
bluetooth prep

then other possibilities:
electro chromatic mirrors (if in addition to folding mirrors)
heated seats

I saw a vehicle with these (except the rear spoiler) and a few more options for just over £140k, again over my expected budget but low miles and 2017 so the price was justified. There is also one with slightly less options but a rear spoiler 2016 vehicle. No race exhaust and no sensonum at just under £140k.
So the £140k 2017 car does seem the better priced car and also seems the easier one to resell. So bottom of the barrel though cheap will be harder to sell unless the price is very good. There is a nice white one for £115k, it has low miles, 1 owner but low spec. I would be happy to buy it now, but would probably always regret the spec especially when it comes time to sell it on so think it would be better to wait and spend more.

BigR

273 posts

130 months

Thursday 11th February
quotequote all
Here's the piece of magic.... ebay item number: 333722202023

Obviously they come from China. I keep mine stuck to the inside of the car between the seat and the door, so down low and out of sight. Holds my phone / tic tacs and key.

Anyhoo, regarding the exhaust Lamborghini say it adds 5% bhp, so taking your 610-4 to being 640bhp. It is loud when you get out of Strada mode i.e. Sport and Corsa. A lot of loud pops, but a real racing car noise...especially if you go through a tunnel. Sometimes you do end up switching back to Strada for a moment of calm. There's no way of 'disconnecting' it as such i.e. once its installed, that's it.

For info I also got centre lock black wheels on mine - again a dealer fit. Were they worth it? Well, why not - and subsequently a 1016 afternarket splitter and wing.

Anyway, a few gratuitous photos (my son is surprisingly good with his iphone!):




tigertiger12

Original Poster:

74 posts

7 months

Friday 12th February
quotequote all
BigR said:
Here's the piece of magic.... ebay item number: 333722202023

Obviously they come from China. I keep mine stuck to the inside of the car between the seat and the door, so down low and out of sight. Holds my phone / tic tacs and key.

Anyhoo, regarding the exhaust Lamborghini say it adds 5% bhp, so taking your 610-4 to being 640bhp. It is loud when you get out of Strada mode i.e. Sport and Corsa. A lot of loud pops, but a real racing car noise...especially if you go through a tunnel. Sometimes you do end up switching back to Strada for a moment of calm. There's no way of 'disconnecting' it as such i.e. once its installed, that's it.

For info I also got centre lock black wheels on mine - again a dealer fit. Were they worth it? Well, why not - and subsequently a 1016 afternarket splitter and wing.

Anyway, a few gratuitous photos (my son is surprisingly good with his iphone!):



That is a very beautiful car, very...
Looking at that pic makes me feel young again

The phone holder is great, even has a carbon fibre weave look to it!
I'm sold on the exhaust, will try as much as I can to get a car with one, if it takes too long like 4 - 6 months i'll compromise but there does seem to be a few with it fitted so shouldn't be too much of a problem, it's finding one with everything I want...and price!

With the centre lock wheels, were any changes needed to the car for this?
Is the centre lock a cap or is that the actual 'nut'?
Love the centre lock wheels, my other consideration was a 911 Turbo S 2016+ but as i've had a few Porsches and still have 2 I decided against it and to get something a bit outrageous looking. I love the centre lock wheels on it. I wouldn't need to ask much about the 911 and reliability is king they just don't look as good and are also fairly quiet even with a sports exhaust but that's the turbo engine for you.

Great car, really love it, thanks again for you reply and pics. You are a true gentleman.

BigR

273 posts

130 months

Friday 12th February
quotequote all
Re. Exhaust - be aware that this isn't the factory option upgrade of a Sports exhaust from Lamborghini. That's a different thing and haven't heard of any (?) owners that have much good to say about it, but quite a few bought it. The dealer said he didn't think it was worth it in his opinion.....but that was just before he sold me the race exhaust upgrade!

Re. Centre locks - this is a proper singular centre lock nut, not a cover or 'made to look like...'. It comes with a challenge when you want new tyres as almost nowhere has the capability to do it. Speaking to the dealer, they've had a number of instances where people have turned up having whichever tyre fitter butchering their centre locks in an effort to remove them. The dealer I use - HR Owen, Pangbourne - have a tyre place set up to do them i.e. has the right tool. I could probably theoretically save £1-200 somewhere else and end up with a mess, so sometimes its better to be safe than sorry.

BigR

273 posts

130 months

Friday 12th February
quotequote all
Exhaust specs - plus db which may be help if you're ever going on a track, namely that the Race exhaust is generally too loud ironically.




tigertiger12

Original Poster:

74 posts

7 months

Friday 12th February
quotequote all
BigR said:
Re. Exhaust - be aware that this isn't the factory option upgrade of a Sports exhaust from Lamborghini. That's a different thing and haven't heard of any (?) owners that have much good to say about it, but quite a few bought it. The dealer said he didn't think it was worth it in his opinion.....but that was just before he sold me the race exhaust upgrade!

Re. Centre locks - this is a proper singular centre lock nut, not a cover or 'made to look like...'. It comes with a challenge when you want new tyres as almost nowhere has the capability to do it. Speaking to the dealer, they've had a number of instances where people have turned up having whichever tyre fitter butchering their centre locks in an effort to remove them. The dealer I use - HR Owen, Pangbourne - have a tyre place set up to do them i.e. has the right tool. I could probably theoretically save £1-200 somewhere else and end up with a mess, so sometimes its better to be safe than sorry.
Thank you for the documents and the information. This was what I was trying to differentiate, I too have read the sports exhaust isn't worth the money, but the race exhaust is, even if a little too loud! I'm good with using strada mode mostly but sports at the right time and place. I also don't sit in my car revving the life out of the engine! I'm happy for others to do that though!

I understand the centre lock is real but wondered if it was a cap on top as it looks so nice, painted etc and made me think it would be easily damaged upon changing tyres. Interesting to know Lambo Pangbourne have the facilities to remove it properly. It does look very nice painted and F1 style.

Was also wondering how the race exhaust is declared to an insurer? Or as it's factory fit it doesn't matter?
I would rather avoid the sports exhaust as it just seems an extra expense for little reason, i'd rather have some other option.

Great info, really helps towards my purchase.

tigertiger12

Original Poster:

74 posts

7 months

Friday 12th February
quotequote all
In fact i read on another forum that the sports exhaust was a software upgrade only and not actually a different exhaust fitted to the car.
I wonder if this is true or if anyone can confirm if this is true or not.

DamanC

97 posts

111 months

Friday 12th February
quotequote all
Its a factory fit thing - IIRC there is one for sale on Lambotalk right now.

Thanks for the ebay link, will see if it can find somewhere in the perf to stick it given all the alcantara. Sexy looking car too!" Out of interest, what dealer/site did you use to order the aftermarket gear from?

tigertiger12

Original Poster:

74 posts

7 months

Friday 12th February
quotequote all
DamanC said:
Its a factory fit thing - IIRC there is one for sale on Lambotalk right now.

Thanks for the ebay link, will see if it can find somewhere in the perf to stick it given all the alcantara. Sexy looking car too!" Out of interest, what dealer/site did you use to order the aftermarket gear from?
Sorry didn't quite get you? Can you give the link to the lambotalk thread please.
The more I read into this, the more the sports exhaust seems to be a software upgrade and not a different exhaust.
Makes sense it then being a dealer upgrade as it's basically money for nothing. i'm sure the dealers push for this option and even give a commission for each car that has it fitted to the salesperson. Also there are no performance gains only in sound which could be a simple ecu upgrade.
The race exhaust however is a different exhaust, gives gains and reduction in weight by 10%

Superleg48

1,366 posts

101 months

Friday 12th February
quotequote all
I had the Super Trofeo Exhaust fitted to my LP570-4 SL. This boosts torque and BHP by 10% but saves around 50% on weight. I believe this is “Race Exhaust” rather than “Sports Exhaust”. I wonder if the Race Exhaust for the Huracan is also the Super Trofeo exhaust?

The sound is epic compared to stock.

Pangbourne supplied and fitted. Brilliant Dealership.

DamanC

97 posts

111 months

Friday 12th February
quotequote all
https://www.lamborghini-talk.com/threads/oem-facto...

As BigR's table shows, only the "Race" exhaust is a physical thing, sports its a simple software tweak.

tigertiger12

Original Poster:

74 posts

7 months

Friday 12th February
quotequote all
DamanC said:
https://www.lamborghini-talk.com/threads/oem-facto...

As BigR's table shows, only the "Race" exhaust is a physical thing, sports its a simple software tweak.
That's what I said, your post implied it was factory fit.

tigertiger12

Original Poster:

74 posts

7 months

Sunday 14th February
quotequote all
I'm hoping to purchase a huracan with the race exhaust, however these are hard to come by and i'm sure get snapped up fairly quick due to increase in performance. If I find the right car missing the race exhaust i'll buy it.

I'm not looking for a car with the sports exhaust as it is only a software upgrade, and an expensive upgrade considering it's only a software upgrade with no performance benefits. I would buy a car with the standard exhaust and have it upgraded to the sports exhaust if the price was 'cheap'. Having listened to the sports exhaust and race exhaust on youtube I don't mind paying say £500 but don't know how realistic this is also, this would only be for better pops and bangs though, that's really about it, it's only very slightly louder than the standard exhaust but I suppose if i cant find a car with the race exhaust it will have to do. There is currently only 1 car with the race exhaust on autotrader in my price range, 3 in total but 2 of them are convertibles. The coupe is not a loud colour and doesn't have the colour wheels I'm looking for plus 3 owners. price is ok.

There is a much nicer one £10k more, no race exhaust, great colour, wheels etc trade seller but not a dealer than usually deals with such cars.

I would love to see a video of the huracan with either standard or sports exhaust drag race one with the racing exhaust, just to see the difference but sadly cant find one.

I see there is a Lamborghini Huracan XperTune Performance Software by Fabspeed, not sure if this is the device that upgrades the software to the sports exhaust but I will try to find out at some point if I get a car without the race exhaust.

tigertiger12

Original Poster:

74 posts

7 months

Monday 15th February
quotequote all
Just wondering which is the best lambo forum to join.

lambo talk
lambo power
or
lamborghini club uk

I'm UK based

any other recommendation would be great.
Which has most people / lambo owners or best for advice?

Looking more for after my purchase, but could join now also.
lambo club is £72 per year which is not a big deal if there are plenty of owners, it's also the offical uk club for meets etc which i'd like to join and try out when I have the car and covid is over so would like to hang on joining just for a few months after covid.

tigertiger12

Original Poster:

74 posts

7 months

Monday 15th February
quotequote all
After looking at this car numerous times now, I have just noticed that some of the pics are without the rear spoiler, This is obviously an after market wing and wondering if it is an original lambo wing or made by another company.
Here are some pic, I have edited only to remove the number plate. Car is on autotrader for £138k less a tenner.













Just wondering what your views are on this wing or what questions I should ask in addition to the ones below. Or anything else I have missed.

1. When was the wing installed.
2. Who installed the wing.
3. Is this an original lambo wing, if not who is the manufacturer.

This car does stand out, the seller has other cars but this is their most expensive by a long margin.

adamellisdj

409 posts

6 months

Monday 15th February
quotequote all
tigertiger12 said:
I was looking at buying a Mclaren 570S, read some posts saying prices have stayed the same for about a year due to covid and a halt in production of new cars which has increased demand for used cars therefore prices staying high.

I'm wondering if this was the same for the Huracan, it seems so... if i remember right.
This has made me think I should take some more time which would also allow me to spend a bit more.
I will be buying outright as I cannot afford to finance.
I was looking around £90 - £100k for a Mclaren but my wife now says she prefers the Huracan which is more like £115k at the cheapest end.
I could maybe get to around £125 - £135k max in a few months and need some advice. I will keep my eye out now and if something catches me I can buy it now but will mean i'm on rice with rice for a couple of months, but hey it'll be worth it!

With the 570S, i went to see one and found 4-5 panels on the outside and 2-3 pieces of interior trim that were misaligned, the dealer stated this was due to being hand built, while I understand this is the case, for me this was a little too much and the exterior panels had obvious gaps which were very visible so this put me off as I wanted to find one that had less misaligned parts. The vehicle was a 2016. Would this be the same case for the Huracan? I do have some experience with seeing these cars much more Lamborghini's than Mclarens but this was a few years back and I never noticed this before but probably didn't look as hard as I did as I wasn't buying one at the time.

I have read that Lambo try to get out of warranty claims and the warranty is not as comprehensive as some other supercar warranties.
This has opened me up to buying outside the dealer network and buying a separate warranty. Can any owners advise me on a good warranty company and prices? Or advise me if the Lambo dealer warranty is worth it and how much this would be on a 2015/16 LP610?

I have a couple of dealer adverts state the vehicle comes with the remainder of the 4 year warranty but this was on a 2015 or 16 car. How would this be the case? Do Lambo offer a 4 year extended warranty. How many years do you get with a new Lambo? Any idea of pricing would be really helpful and how long can the warranty be extended for.

Any other tips would be very helpful. Is there anything I should know / look out for??

I'm only looking to keep the car for 2 maybe 3 years as I have a Tesla Roadster on order but as this has been delayed I have decided to buy another vehicle until the Tesla is ready for production at which point I will sell the Lambo and if possible change my Tesla order to a founders edition if they are still available at the time. It is possible this could be 3 years away...who knows! I'm far from early on the list as my order was only placed a year ago, so I should have plenty of time to be able to sell the lambo.

How much are services on a Huracan?
How much to change the pads and steel discs?
What make of tyres are approved by Lambo?

I am based in the U.K
What’s your wife got to do with anything?

Fabspeed John

15 posts

6 months

Monday 15th February
quotequote all
tigertiger12 said:
I'm hoping to purchase a huracan with the race exhaust, however these are hard to come by and i'm sure get snapped up fairly quick due to increase in performance. If I find the right car missing the race exhaust i'll buy it.

I'm not looking for a car with the sports exhaust as it is only a software upgrade, and an expensive upgrade considering it's only a software upgrade with no performance benefits. I would buy a car with the standard exhaust and have it upgraded to the sports exhaust if the price was 'cheap'. Having listened to the sports exhaust and race exhaust on youtube I don't mind paying say £500 but don't know how realistic this is also, this would only be for better pops and bangs though, that's really about it, it's only very slightly louder than the standard exhaust but I suppose if i cant find a car with the race exhaust it will have to do. There is currently only 1 car with the race exhaust on autotrader in my price range, 3 in total but 2 of them are convertibles. The coupe is not a loud colour and doesn't have the colour wheels I'm looking for plus 3 owners. price is ok.

There is a much nicer one £10k more, no race exhaust, great colour, wheels etc trade seller but not a dealer than usually deals with such cars.

I would love to see a video of the huracan with either standard or sports exhaust drag race one with the racing exhaust, just to see the difference but sadly cant find one.

I see there is a Lamborghini Huracan XperTune Performance Software by Fabspeed, not sure if this is the device that upgrades the software to the sports exhaust but I will try to find out at some point if I get a car without the race exhaust.
Fabspeeds product you are referencing is an ECU tune. It will not convert your exhaust but it will give you power gains and some change in exhaust note.

tigertiger12

Original Poster:

74 posts

7 months

Monday 15th February
quotequote all
adamellisdj said:
What’s your wife got to do with anything?
The car is for both of us, after lockdown ends she will be driving the car more than me.
Not sure if you are married but it is important to keep the Mrs happy, always make it much easier.
We will be deciding together, we went to see a Mclaren at around £85k, it had 4-5 panel gaps exterior and interior from a Mac dealer.
This put her off the car and a Mclaren in general as the dealer wasn't bothered / ignorant about it.
So we moved onto a huracan as they dont have panel gaps and are much more reliable, but costs a fair bit more and my budget has increased a fair bit from £85k - £100k we were expecting to spend. In this case always better the mrs is happy about it and saw this for herself.

In any case she will end up driving the car more than me, I'll end up driving the cayenne more.

tigertiger12

Original Poster:

74 posts

7 months

Monday 15th February
quotequote all
Fabspeed John said:
Fabspeeds product you are referencing is an ECU tune. It will not convert your exhaust but it will give you power gains and some change in exhaust note.
ok, so that's not to purchase an actual ecu tune device as the picture shows?
product I'm talking about:
Lamborghini Huracan XperTune Performance Software
I thought this was the device pictured with software to tune an exhaust for a Huracan.
I know it is not an exhuast.

Can this upgrade the ECU from standard to sports exhaust?
Is this different than the factory upgrade?
If so what are the differences?

thanks John

Edited by tigertiger12 on Monday 15th February 18:34