Countach

Author
Discussion

Adam B

18,467 posts

210 months

Tuesday 7th April
quotequote all
MaserCoupe said:
So you lot and for any Countach enthusiasts (Read super nerds LOL) and for those in need of a "Countach kick" while we are stuck indoors........ watch the episode "Bought and paid for" of Miami Vice tonight at 9pm on the Forces TV channel.
only reason i bought the DVD boxset, took me ages to find the episode (the series hasn't aged well but loved it as a kid)

Adam B

18,467 posts

210 months

Tuesday 7th April
quotequote all
Few Countach pictures from Lambo meet at Brooklands 2006 if anyone interested (apologies, camera/cameraman quality not great):










MaserCoupe

124 posts

44 months

Tuesday 7th April
quotequote all
Adam B said:
only reason i bought the DVD boxset, took me ages to find the episode (the series hasn't aged well but loved it as a kid)
Yeah raybans, pastel colour shades of Hugo boss suits, mullets and espadrilles those were the days. LOL! There was another episode on Miami Vice called "China White" too that had a few small(ish) scenes of a White Countach S....

Adam B

18,467 posts

210 months

Tuesday 7th April
quotequote all
part 2:












HTP99

16,726 posts

96 months

Tuesday 7th April
quotequote all
Wow that is a proper cringe plate right there; HOT 23X!!!!

The Countach is such an awesome car, there are some great photos on here.

Edited by HTP99 on Tuesday 7th April 14:35

cgt2

1,637 posts

144 months

Tuesday 7th April
quotequote all
There was another Countach in series 1, two Thai drugrunners fitted it with a loud airhorn.

HIS LM

1,053 posts

215 months

Tuesday 7th April
quotequote all
HTP99 said:
Wow that is a proper cringe plate right there; HOT 23X!!!!

The Countach is such an awesome car, there are some great photos on here.

Edited by HTP99 on Tuesday 7th April 14:35
The owner was a regular on here many moons ago forget his moniker

Adam B

18,467 posts

210 months

Wednesday 8th April
quotequote all
HIS LM said:
The owner was a regular on here many moons ago forget his moniker
I recall he put the car up for sale on PH for £100k when the market rate was half that because “that was what they should be worth”

About 5 years later the market caught up smile

supersport

3,039 posts

183 months

Wednesday 8th April
quotequote all
Castle Hedingham in 2009


rat rod

354 posts

21 months

Wednesday 8th April
quotequote all
rich888 said:
Ferruccio said:
Sovereign42 said:
Seen many doing this ?

Where? When?
Probably not the same event but I video recorded the whole footage of a Countach spinning off at the chicane at Goodwood in the late 1980s and I'm pretty sure that snapper seven photographed the same incident - was awesome to watch and hear smile
Was told car came out of storage the day before and tyre pressures hadn't been checked or was that yet another excuse that we all have to pull out of the excuse hat when we run out of talent, not trying hard enough unless you end up like this once in a while,

Martin350

3,342 posts

151 months

Thursday 9th April
quotequote all
HTP99 said:
Wow that is a proper cringe plate right there; HOT 23X!!!!
I read somewhere, maybe on here, that its owner is involved in the production of errrm, special interest short movies! biggrin


Adam B

18,467 posts

210 months

Thursday 9th April
quotequote all
Martin350 said:
I read somewhere, maybe on here, that its owner is involved in the production of errrm, special interest short movies! biggrin
He was wearing what looked like a full nomex race suit that day (a casual Sunday get together) and had a strong Stringfellows look. I am sure he is a charming fellow albeit eccentric

TheAnimal

3,452 posts

149 months

Thursday 9th April
quotequote all
Adam B said:
Martin350 said:
I read somewhere, maybe on here, that its owner is involved in the production of errrm, special interest short movies! biggrin
He was wearing what looked like a full nomex race suit that day (a casual Sunday get together) and had a strong Stringfellows look. I am sure he is a charming fellow albeit eccentric
Used to see / hear him regularly driving up and down Chiswick High Road circa 2003-2006 in Hot 23X. He certainly had that look... Though I always thought it was a kit car with the loud exhaust scaring the grannies.

Shnozz

21,837 posts

227 months

Thursday 9th April
quotequote all
Had that look?! I was at Brooklands for that event also and remembered him as some fresh faced young looking short bloke with a black pony tale! Certainly not some porn king!

Martin350

3,342 posts

151 months

Friday 10th April
quotequote all
I've seen him with the car and he didn't look short to me.
Maybe you were just further away! biggrin

matlotus

45 posts

52 months

Saturday 11th April
quotequote all
Took these photos at Supercar Sunday, 13-6-07

IMG_1020 by matkutub, on Flickr

IMG_1024 by matkutub, on Flickr

IMG_1028 by matkutub, on Flickr

IMG_1029 by matkutub, on Flickr


SLH_777

31 posts

160 months

Monday 20th April
quotequote all
I see that original 1980 suffix letter issue TOO 510W is now up for auction - https://collectingcars.com/for-sale/too-510w-numbe...

That plate looked absolutely amazing on Tim Dutton's Lamborghini Countach LP400 back in 1981





I've no idea how they got that Lamborghini off that transporter as those ramps look far too steep!

Redwing

906 posts

182 months

Tuesday 21st April
quotequote all


I think it's fair to say we have got quite anal while doing this! It should be worth it when it's done!

sir humphrey appleby

1,427 posts

178 months

Wednesday 22nd April
quotequote all
I see that Harry Metcalfe removes or adds the wing when he sees fit.
Could someone tell me how this is done? does it not leave holes that you need to plug?

thegreenhell

7,149 posts

175 months

Wednesday 22nd April
quotequote all
sir humphrey appleby said:
I see that Harry Metcalfe removes or adds the wing when he sees fit.
Could someone tell me how this is done? does it not leave holes that you need to plug?
I believe that he has two boot lids; one with the wing and one without.