Lambo V8...chat/pics.....

Lambo V8...chat/pics.....

Author
Discussion

countachman

Original Poster:

1,281 posts

159 months

Friday 22nd November 2013
quotequote all
Thats MP yellow car with JS urraco in the distance with me in orange on the right.1982-84.


P300V8

263 posts

124 months

Friday 22nd November 2013
quotequote all
The red car in the ad is 40000 the first prototype on the stand at Geneva 1976
The yellow car is 40098 the second of only three RHD cars imported new into UK and now in Australia.

countachman

Original Poster:

1,281 posts

159 months

Monday 25th November 2013
quotequote all

countachman

Original Poster:

1,281 posts

159 months

Monday 25th November 2013
quotequote all
More goodies from the 1980s, Goodwood Superstar day rare V8 rhd.

countachman

Original Poster:

1,281 posts

159 months

Monday 25th November 2013
quotequote all

countachman

Original Poster:

1,281 posts

159 months

Wednesday 4th December 2013
quotequote all
Hi NeilH

I have been going through old stuff and found a bit more paperwork for the car, also some video of me driving round Goodwood in it!

If you send me your address I'll forward the items on to you.
Dave

NeilH

344 posts

218 months

Wednesday 4th December 2013
quotequote all
countachman said:
Hi NeilH

I have been going through old stuff and found a bit more paperwork for the car, also some video of me driving round Goodwood in it!

If you send me your address I'll forward the items on to you.
Dave
Thanks David - You Have Mail !!

P300V8

263 posts

124 months

Wednesday 4th December 2013
quotequote all
countachman said:
More goodies from the 1980s, Goodwood Superstar day rare V8 rhd.
This is 40010 the first RHD and Convoy! car now black.


snapper seven

657 posts

162 months

Wednesday 4th December 2013
quotequote all
Interesting that the RHD cars have the LP400 steering wheel and the LHD cars have the 4 spoke deep dished affair. Wonder why that was the case?


P300V8

263 posts

124 months

Wednesday 4th December 2013
quotequote all
snapper seven said:
Interesting that the RHD cars have the LP400 steering wheel and the LHD cars have the 4 spoke deep dished affair. Wonder why that was the case?
This was also the case with RHD Urracos but usually with a Ferrero wheel.
LHD cars had ZF steering box with deeply dished wheel on the steering box.
RHD cars had TWR steering box with short steering column and conventional wheel.

P300V8

263 posts

124 months

Wednesday 4th December 2013
quotequote all
Here is a pic of the steering wheel on 15040 the first RHD car - the orange one seen in the background behind the yellow Silhouette. The style of the ferrero wheel is typical but the trim around the column was improved.



Edited by P300V8 on Wednesday 4th December 15:27

JuzzaQV

27 posts

72 months

Saturday 21st December 2013
quotequote all
Have fond memories of flying down to the South of France to look at and buy my brothers Silhouette.... first production car. Took it down to Le Mans Classic for the weekend.
[url]|http://thumbsnap.com

/QEnXbO1w[/url]

P5Nij

675 posts

120 months

Thursday 26th December 2013
quotequote all
NEC show, 2012...





Gorgeous car...

crostonian

2,427 posts

120 months

Monday 30th December 2013
quotequote all
Does anyone know what happened to a red Jalpa registered B510 WYE? It is still showing as registered in the UK. I remember accompanying my father to view and test drive the car at Pullicino Classics, it was also featured in Motor Sport magazine in July 1985. Never forget blasting down the A3 on a sunny Sunday morning with the roof off, sadly he was put off buying it due to the poor rear/side visibility - more a factor as it was mainly to be used for continental holidays.

6750cc

1,161 posts

121 months

Tuesday 31st December 2013
quotequote all
I remember a Fast Lane article featuring B510WYE and also seeing it parked in London a few times.

Not sure how up to date this is:

http://www.lp112.com/Lamborghini/Detail.asp?Model=...

Cheers,

Andy


328matt

36 posts

155 months

Tuesday 31st December 2013
quotequote all
I came very close in 1998 to buying a jalpa from lamborghini uk when it was part of afn in reading. Justin barker was promoting the brand and i met del hopkins who was service manager that day too. It was a black with black 1984 car. Reg was wng999. I got the feeling that it had been unused for a long time and with use would have given some big bills so i bottled it. They advertised in the sunday times, and the asking price had dropped from 37750 to 32500 when i viewed it. The car was featured in classic and sportscar later that same year...i have not sighted it since but seem to remember it being advertised by a dealer in belgium. Nearly bought it on the engine note alone! If it had bravo wheels the end result may have been different. Still have a soft spot for them, full of character!

Edited by 328matt on Tuesday 31st December 12:05

Davo456gt

653 posts

97 months

Tuesday 31st December 2013
quotequote all
6750cc said:
I remember a Fast Lane article featuring B510WYE and also seeing it parked in London a few times.

Not sure how up to date this is:

http://www.lp112.com/Lamborghini/Detail.asp?Model=...

Cheers,

Andy
The data on this specific vehicle was last updated 12-Mar-2001.

countachman

Original Poster:

1,281 posts

159 months

Tuesday 31st December 2013
quotequote all
328matt....I agree I loved the sounds that the V8 made...the Jalpa was a lot of fun.

Yes with the other wheels on you would have bought it. If the one with a dealer in the same town as me had it at a sensible price...well...I could have a bull back in the garage.

rubystone

11,252 posts

207 months

Wednesday 1st January 2014
quotequote all
328matt said:
I came very close in 1998 to buying a jalpa from lamborghini uk when it was part of afn in reading. Justin barker was promoting the brand and i met del hopkins who was service manager that day too. It was a black with black 1984 car. Reg was wng999. I got the feeling that it had been unused for a long time and with use would have given some big bills so i bottled it. They advertised in the sunday times, and the asking price had dropped from 37750 to 32500 when i viewed it. The car was featured in classic and sportscar later that same year...i have not sighted it since but seem to remember it being advertised by a dealer in belgium. Nearly bought it on the engine note alone! If it had bravo wheels the end result may have been different. Still have a soft spot for them, full of character!

Edited by 328matt on Tuesday 31st December 12:05
Jason Barker. Last I heard of him he was retailing high end metal...anyone know where he is now?

And Jon Chapell? Had the Portman franchise back in the late'80s and still owes me a favour smile

kc023515

8 posts

160 months

Thursday 2nd January 2014
quotequote all
I saw this RHD Jalpa that at a workshop in London in 2012. Red exterior with white (cream?) interior. The car was locked and no keys available at that moment so I couldn't see the chassis number.

Anyone who knows this car or the chassisnumber?