McLaren 600LT

McLaren 600LT

Author
Discussion

650spider

796 posts

123 months

Saturday 4th January
quotequote all
5050 said:
GT4RS said:
If you don’t mind me asking what is the guaranteed future value at 24 months?
158k
Which seems incredible in that McLaren Glasgow have a 19plate 600lt spider for £179k...you would buy that in a minute if they signed a bit of paper stating that if you pop back in 2 years they shall offer you £158k towards a replacement...

ripley500

358 posts

163 months

Saturday 4th January
quotequote all
MAC 720S said:
WOW! Is that Clubsport spec?
Not quite, but lots mso options. I do love the front louvres smile

MAC 720S

767 posts

99 months

Saturday 4th January
quotequote all
ripley500 said:
Not quite, but lots mso options. I do love the front louvres smile
It was the louvres that caught my eye. I thought they were only available on the CS Coupe. Clearly I was wrong.

Crazy4557

345 posts

146 months

Saturday 4th January
quotequote all
MAC 720S said:
It was the louvres that caught my eye. I thought they were only available on the CS Coupe. Clearly I was wrong.
MSO option I believe.

JiggyJaggy

1,152 posts

92 months

Sunday 5th January
quotequote all
How is everyone getting on with their 600Lt's for normal daily use away from the track? Im tempted by the offers available but am conscious on how easy the car is to deal with for circa 10 miles per day in mainly city centre driving?

RBT0

1,122 posts

71 months

Sunday 5th January
quotequote all
I'd say awful for daily 10miles trip. You wouldn't even have time to warm up engine, transmission and tires, so it would be very raw, noisy, vibrating...not pleasant to drive for commuting.

JiggyJaggy

1,152 posts

92 months

Sunday 5th January
quotequote all
That’s what I thought. With an option to purchase a stunning 720s or 570s, those might be better suited for light daily use? (Ps I’m coming from 3 years of MP4 ownership).

RBT0

1,122 posts

71 months

Sunday 5th January
quotequote all
Oh yes definitely better in terms of usability, much less noise, more refined, still fast.
They won't warm up quicker but will be more comfy to live with.


JiggyJaggy

1,152 posts

92 months

Sunday 5th January
quotequote all
I used to warm up my MP4 for approx 5 mins, always did the trick. Might have to go and try a 675LT but all signs point to a 570s for me. If anyone is looking to px one in pls give me a shout, happy to purchase cash straight away.

Ps how are people finding the Senna seats for all the 6 footer plus owners out there?

Obafemi09

127 posts

51 months

Monday 6th January
quotequote all
I was pretty worried about the Senna seats when I sat in them in the show room, I thought they were too narrow across the shoulders and too much of a squeeze for "normal" driving or more day to day driving. However, after an extended test drive (30 mins) in a car with them fitted, they were absolutely fine and I barely noticed them.

They're a bit more of a pain to get in and out of as have a higher sill and you sink right down in to them, but other than that, they're surprisingly comfortable given they look like a bare shell when you look at them

r o n n i e

70 posts

128 months

Monday 6th January
quotequote all
I think best to test drive and determine for yourself.

I happily commute in the 600, less than 30 minutes journey time.

I would not be as happy in the also amazing 570.

Senna seats are more comfortable and the carbon structure is a work of art in itself.

I would not consider a 600 without the senna seats.

Also they reduce the car weight by c.15 kilos which is handy and this time of year.

If you ride road bikes then I’ve found a correlation with cars. If you prefer / comfortable with cervelo, pinarello, etc you will prefer LTs, GT3s, Speciale, Pista, etc. If you prefer a more standard bike, the standard car is probably more suitable.

993AL

1,898 posts

170 months

Monday 6th January
quotequote all
r o n n i e said:
I think best to test drive and determine for yourself.

I happily commute in the 600, less than 30 minutes journey time.

I would not be as happy in the also amazing 570.

Senna seats are more comfortable and the carbon structure is a work of art in itself.

I would not consider a 600 without the senna seats.

Also they reduce the car weight by c.15 kilos which is handy and this time of year.

If you ride road bikes then I’ve found a correlation with cars. If you prefer / comfortable with cervelo, pinarello, etc you will prefer LTs, GT3s, Speciale, Pista, etc. If you prefer a more standard bike, the standard car is probably more suitable.
I agree with you on the short journey time. I love just to drive the thing no matter how short.

Strangely, I didn't get on with the LT when I was given one for the afternoon, not didn't get on with it, it was just that bit firmer and noisier in the cabin than the 570 but I get it now, I'm really happy with it.

My view on the seats is different, I prefer the P1 seats. At a push I'd have taken a car with the Senna seats but I wanted the P1's and thankfully a car came up that had them.

r o n n i e

70 posts

128 months

Monday 6th January
quotequote all
993AL said:
I agree with you on the short journey time. I love just to drive the thing no matter how short.

...
You hit it 100%, more than anything currently on the market, the 600 is the ultimate “driver’s car” - precise, powerful, visceral...if you love driving this is as good as it gets!

Rocketreid

204 posts

24 months

Monday 6th January
quotequote all
Rocketreid said:
The Senna seats do have a sense of occasion and no doubt !! In Touring Size they suit most body shapes, the Standard ones though are a tight squeeze across thighs and shoulder. Difference is only in the padding though.

I am in full agreement about the no cost option of the P1 seats, they are very comfortable and in Touring size very easy to get in and out of.

The 600Lt is a prolific track car and anyone buying one needs to try it out on a big circuit like Silverstone to really tell what they are capable of.

JiggyJaggy

1,152 posts

92 months

Monday 6th January
quotequote all
How do you chaps find the handling over dirty streets, specifically potholes and bumps, any easier or less comfortable than say a 570s?

r o n n i e

70 posts

128 months

Monday 6th January
quotequote all
JiggyJaggy said:
How do you chaps find the handling over dirty streets, specifically potholes and bumps, any easier or less comfortable than say a 570s?
Very compliant.

The nose lift is a must have for more aggressive speed humps.

There are 3 suspension settings and I generally use the medium setting.

The softest suspension is similar to the 570.

993AL

1,898 posts

170 months

Monday 6th January
quotequote all
JiggyJaggy said:
How do you chaps find the handling over dirty streets, specifically potholes and bumps, any easier or less comfortable than say a 570s?
It is better than I expected in soaking up the bumps. I would say that Normal suspension setting in the 600LT is somewhere between Sport and Track on the 570. My arse must be calibrated differently to Ronnies.biggrin

RBT0

1,122 posts

71 months

Monday 6th January
quotequote all
r o n n i e said:
993AL said:
I agree with you on the short journey time. I love just to drive the thing no matter how short.

...
You hit it 100%, more than anything currently on the market, the 600 is the ultimate “driver’s car” - precise, powerful, visceral...if you love driving this is as good as it gets!
Couldn’t agree more but pls give me an other car for commuting, I like to enjoy the driving experience with clear mind and no rush i.e. week ends. biggrin

ripley500

358 posts

163 months

Tuesday 7th January
quotequote all
JiggyJaggy said:
How do you chaps find the handling over dirty streets, specifically potholes and bumps, any easier or less comfortable than say a 570s?
I've been surprised by how comfortable the 600LT is compared to my 570S - the main difference is there is more noise and vibration rather than the ride itself being much harder.

heihei

107 posts

147 months

Monday 2nd March
quotequote all
First 600LT below £140k? Seems like very good value.....

https://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/...