650s CoupΓ©

650s CoupΓ©

Author
Discussion

GT4RS

Original Poster:

1,953 posts

144 months

Thursday 10th October
quotequote all
I have noticed today that the 650s coupe at Alistair Bols looks to have been reduced to a very attractive price of 103k, this is now making the 110k black 650s coupe look expensive imo.

The white sytner car has also been dropped further down from 97k to 96k.

These look a lot of car for the money if you can get a Mclaren service and a Mclaren warranty thrown into the deal.

jamieo

163 posts

159 months

Sunday 20th October
quotequote all
The VR one at AB is mine. Only selling it as I moved to a 675 LT and don’t have garage space. Beautiful car, McLaren warranty for almost a year.

cho

925 posts

222 months

Tuesday 29th October
quotequote all
Just sold mine to a third party dealer.

From the point of view of selling. Quite difficult at the moment and apparently the car isn’t even being moved on to a mclaren dealership.

Mentioned this before but John Thorne of Thorney motorsport has been extremely helpful throughout the whole process. From initially servicing and providing warranty to the car to attempting to move it on for me. Even when it didn’t work out(selling) he kept the car for me making sure it was in good condition throughout.

Now that it’s sold, John dealt with the handover of the car for me. Don’t want to inundate John with people trying to store their cars with him but the level of service and attention to detail needs to be copied by some main dealers.

GT4RS

Original Poster:

1,953 posts

144 months

Wednesday 30th October
quotequote all
If you don’t mind me asking which car was yours?

Has it been sold to a dealer to be sold on or did a private buyer snap it up?

I see the black car I like has been dropped by another few thousand on another advertising site, but it always seems to be behind on pricing compared to others. It’s also still under the wrong sales section on piston heads and for some strange reason. You would think if you appointed a dealer and they were trying to sell your car at this level they would at least put it in the right section.

Carl_Manchester

5,469 posts

209 months

Wednesday 30th October
quotequote all
black car is £107.9k on this site now.

GT4RS

Original Poster:

1,953 posts

144 months

Sunday 3rd November
quotequote all
Well I had a shock this morning when having a cuppa tea and taking a look if there had been any new additions to the used 650s coupe offering, I actually nearly choked on my tea!

https://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/...

£86,000 for a nice spec 5k car 2015 plate coupe, makes the black one I like which has now been dropped again in price still look crazily overpriced at 30 plus grand more. If the low mileage 2015 plate car is being retailed at 86k it must of been bought in around 70k to 75k.

Are these really dropping in price this fast?




Desert Dragon

498 posts

31 months

Sunday 3rd November
quotequote all
GT4RS said:
Well I had a shock this morning when having a cuppa tea and taking a look if there had been any new additions to the used 650s coupe offering, I actually nearly choked on my tea!

https://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/...

£86,000 for a nice spec 5k car 2015 plate coupe, makes the black one I like which has now been dropped again in price still look crazily overpriced at 30 plus grand more. If the low mileage 2015 plate car is being retailed at 86k it must of been bought in around 70k to 75k.

Are these really dropping in price this fast?
About right as they're not shifting at more money. Bargain supercar but I'd want 2 yr warranty included if i was looking for 650s.

RSbandit

790 posts

79 months

Sunday 3rd November
quotequote all
Yeah saw that unreal car for the money but realistically with 2 yr warranty it’s £96k ..still alright of course !

GT4RS

Original Poster:

1,953 posts

144 months

Sunday 3rd November
quotequote all
Is the 650s coupe the bargain of the super car world at the moment, or are things going to get even more messed up?

andrew

8,811 posts

139 months

Sunday 3rd November
quotequote all
where's rambo lambo when we need him ?

JohnG123

508 posts

77 months

Sunday 3rd November
quotequote all
andrew said:
where's rambo lambo when we need him ?
Spouting his dribble somewhere else no doubt.

Wilmslowboy

2,614 posts

153 months

Monday 4th November
quotequote all
Now £99k biggrin

TheRecruiter

18 posts

69 months

Monday 4th November
quotequote all
I saw this orange one listed at £86k - makes you wonder if someone has posted it up for sale at the price they bought it for? haha

Or it's had an iffy past - 5k worth of track driving for instance haha

WCZ

7,277 posts

141 months

Monday 4th November
quotequote all
GT4RS said:
Is the 650s coupe the bargain of the super car world at the moment, or are things going to get even more messed up?
I think the 720s at £140k is probably the best bargain around atm followed by the 650s

davek_964

6,075 posts

122 months

Monday 4th November
quotequote all
WCZ said:
GT4RS said:
Is the 650s coupe the bargain of the super car world at the moment, or are things going to get even more messed up?
I think the 720s at £140k is probably the best bargain around atm followed by the 650s
I agree if we're sticking to the coupe. But the difference between 720 and 720 Spider is big - which makes 650 Spider look like a good choice.

ferdi p

1,244 posts

119 months

Monday 4th November
quotequote all
WCZ said:
GT4RS said:
Is the 650s coupe the bargain of the super car world at the moment, or are things going to get even more messed up?
I think the 720s at £140k is probably the best bargain around atm followed by the 650s
Not seen a 720s advertised at 140k, cheapest one is 156k...

GT4RS

Original Poster:

1,953 posts

144 months

Thursday
quotequote all
Carl_Manchester said:
black car is £107.9k on this site now.
Well just over a week or two later and it’s now dropped down to £104.9k. It’s as if all the dealers that have tried to sell it don’t know how to price it and keep chancing it until they get a bit. It’s around a year ago since I started this thread and I’m really shocked this car hasn’t sold. Thank god no one bought it at £129,990 when advertised as they would of had a expensive few months if they tried to trade it on now.

I wonder what it’s true trade value would be for a straight purchase given the current market?

Edited by GT4RS on Thursday 7th November 21:52


Edited by GT4RS on Thursday 7th November 21:55


Edited by GT4RS on Saturday 9th November 21:19

GT4RS

Original Poster:

1,953 posts

144 months

Saturday
quotequote all
Carl_Manchester said:
black car is £107.9k on this site now.
They must of stuffed 10k in the glove box as it’s just gone back up, now £117,490

Either the owner who has it on SOR is loosing the plot changing the price all the time or this is now owned buy the independent garage trying to sell it and they are happy hike the price up and sit on it for some time.

Either way I’ve never seen a car go up and down in price so many times over a 12 month or being moved around to so many different independent garages who have all struggled to sell it.

It wouldn’t shock me if the next time we see it will be in a auction house.

Such a shame as I personally think it’s a beautiful looking car.

Edited by GT4RS on Saturday 9th November 20:52


Edited by GT4RS on Saturday 9th November 20:53

isaldiri

4,950 posts

115 months

Saturday
quotequote all
GT4RS said:
Thank god no one bought it at £129,990 when advertised as they would of had a expensive few months if they tried to trade it on now.
Your concern for people who might have the will and means to spend money on what essentially is a toy is very touching. Just imagine someone actually wanted to have a nice car to enjoy a few months ago huh...the horror of it. Goodness gracious such foolish people exist huh that need you to save them from themselves!

MAC 720S

605 posts

94 months

Saturday
quotequote all
GT4RS said:
They must of stuffed 10k in the glove box as it’s just gone back up, now £117,490

Either the owner who has it on SOR is loosing the plot changing the price all the time or this is now owned buy the independent garage trying to sell it and they are happy hike the price up and sit on it for some time.

Either way I’ve never seen a car go up and down in price so many times over a 12 month or being moved around to so many different independent garages who have all struggled to sell it.

It wouldn’t shock me if the next time we see it will be in a auction house.

Such a shame as I personally think it’s a beautiful looking car.

Edited by GT4RS on Saturday 9th November 20:52


Edited by GT4RS on Saturday 9th November 20:53
If it is true that McLaren have now significantly cut-back on all UK supplied vehicles (if not ceased), it may well be that the seller is predicitng prices may rise at the lower price ranges. 720S's appear to have bottomed out in the high £150's to £160's.