McLaren 765LT

McLaren 765LT

Author
Discussion

355spiderguy

Original Poster:

598 posts

118 months

Monday 5th August
quotequote all
You can't help but wonder how where this leaves the Senna with its very challenging looks and very high price tag.

Any comparisons between the 720s and Senna so far show the Senna to be a step forward on the track but a step backward on the road.

It seems like this would close that gap on the track and therefore reduce the reasons to go for a Senna, save maybe £400k and get something far easier on the eye.

The achilles heel for the P1 is the batteries; also, it is 'old hat' for the 'must have the latest' consumer.

However it is still a stunning, stunning car.

The achilles heel for the Senna is the looks, and, unfortunately now, the impending 765LT.

I can't think of a 'however' for the Senna.

The new car is going to be immense and a huge thumbs up for anyone whom has managed to secure a build. thumbup

WCZ

7,277 posts

141 months

Monday 5th August
quotequote all
we don't know how it'll perform vs the senna yet though, at least in terms of lap times.

utgjon

671 posts

120 months

Monday 5th August
quotequote all
the worst part is that everyone will think you've mis-typed 675LT.

as i just did.

:facepalm:

355spiderguy

Original Poster:

598 posts

118 months

Wednesday 7th August
quotequote all
utgjon said:
the worst part is that everyone will think you've mis-typed 675LT.

as i just did.

:facepalm:
Yup...easy mistake to make!

Thing is...i am 'assuming' thats the name for the impending 720 longtail version...scratchchin

theRossatron

890 posts

179 months

Wednesday 7th August
quotequote all
I spoke to one of the guys from Mclaren at Goodwood last month and he said to me, you can work out what it will be called if you look at the previous jumps from 650->675 and 570-600.....

so 35ps jump this time? 755LT?

RBT0

1,049 posts

66 months

Wednesday 7th August
quotequote all
In the meantime....

720S vs Pista on Autobahn

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EDLb9oQzuu8


355spiderguy

Original Poster:

598 posts

118 months

Saturday 17th August
quotequote all
Incredible how a standard, already few years old, 720 leaves the Pista....even more incredible to wonder what the 765LT will be like.

At Mclaren Glasgow yesterday they had a P1 parked in the workshop with a Silver Senna parked right in front of it...amazing how elegant the P1 is in comparison...not often you will get the chance to see them in that close a proximity to compare.

2 very different cars in all aspects.

The fully silver Senna was the 1st one i thought was stunning...some of the chosen colours really don't help with the aesthetics...

andrew

8,812 posts

139 months

Saturday 17th August
quotequote all
theRossatron said:
I spoke to one of the guys from Mclaren at Goodwood last month and he said to me, you can work out what it will be called if you look at the previous jumps from 650->675 and 570-600.....

so 35ps jump this time? 755LT?
rubbish. i make it 747.5 LT

mcbuild

3 posts

1 month

Friday 18th October
quotequote all
Confirmed details:

700 spider, 700 coupe units
765 LT naming
no 600LT-Style upper exhausts

Source: Secured build

Gunso

974 posts

197 months

Friday 18th October
quotequote all
I thought it was going to be 750LT?

tyrrell

1,410 posts

155 months

Saturday 19th October
quotequote all
I was told back in May this year it was going to be 765LT, if those production numbers are true then I’m out.

justin220

4,207 posts

151 months

Saturday 19th October
quotequote all
1400 cars seems a lot for a limited run?

355spiderguy

Original Poster:

598 posts

118 months

Saturday 19th October
quotequote all
mcbuild said:
Confirmed details:

700 spider, 700 coupe units
765 LT naming
no 600LT-Style upper exhausts

Source: Secured build
At least 201 too many in each variant i feel.

The 675LTs seem to of held on well to their values due to smaller numbers.

Seems like there are lots of 600LTs available...no idea of their build numbers as they havn't really interested me but around half a dozen for sale at my local McLaren dealer alone...you certainly wouldn't ever turn up to a Ferrari dealer and see 6 or more Pistas kicking about for sale.

Really looking forward to seeing what the 765LT can do though... driving

PS2018

242 posts

20 months

Saturday 19th October
quotequote all
Yeah don’t worry about build slots with 1400 anyone that wants one can have one and they will actually struggle to slot the final 200-300 units


MAC 720S

605 posts

94 months

Saturday 19th October
quotequote all
mcbuild said:
Confirmed details:

700 spider, 700 coupe units
765 LT naming
no 600LT-Style upper exhausts

Source: Secured build
Who is McBuild? Joined yesterday and 1 post.

LotusJas

899 posts

178 months

Saturday 19th October
quotequote all
PS2018 said:
Yeah don’t worry about build slots with 1400 anyone that wants one can have one and they will actually struggle to slot the final 200-300 units
Not going to comment on the numbers quoted smile but my bet would be on the 7xxLT being over-subscribed and easily sold out.

600LT was not limited numbers, many more made, and a sports series car. 600LT is truly fantastic, but many potential buyers of an LT (like me) simply held out for the super series LT.

I've no doubts it will be a HUGE success, and am putting my money where my mouth (keyboard) is wink

andrew

8,812 posts

139 months

Saturday 19th October
quotequote all
LotusJas said:
...my bet would be on the 7xxLT being over-subscribed and easily sold out.
sorry, but rofl

RobDown

3,641 posts

75 months

Saturday 19th October
quotequote all
andrew said:
sorry, but rofl
If this were two-three years ago I think they could sell-out. But in today’s market it feels unlikely.

And then it becomes a bit circular - as people realise they won’t be able to flip them, orders will be cancelled, leading to a softer market.

Will be delighted to be proven wrong. But Senna and Pista are my corroborating evidence

andrew

8,812 posts

139 months

Saturday 19th October
quotequote all
RobDown said:
andrew said:
sorry, but rofl
If this were two-three years ago I think they could sell-out. But in today’s market it feels unlikely.

And then it becomes a bit circular - as people realise they won’t be able to flip them, orders will be cancelled, leading to a softer market.

Will be delighted to be proven wrong. But Senna and Pista are my corroborating evidence
not forgetting the currently unsellable 675lt, 600lt and 720

D4rez

8 posts

3 months

Saturday 19th October
quotequote all
I mean 1400 is well under 50% of the number of 488 Pistas made last year alone before the F8 came in with the same engine. No reason this should have worse RVs