McLaren 765LT

McLaren 765LT

Author
Discussion

Crazy4557

423 posts

152 months

Tuesday 13th October
quotequote all
2017 Huracan here with 131km at £159k...yikesnuts
https://www.standvirtual.com/anuncio/lamborghini-h...

WCZ

7,945 posts

152 months

Tuesday 13th October
quotequote all
Rocketreid said:
Going On results from Silverstone today I think a 765LT May well be as fast as a Senna on many tracks.
surely not, that's nuts!

Blenheimorange

15 posts

103 months

Tuesday 13th October
quotequote all
JPCGT said:
Expect they'll reduce the number of UK RHD cars to match demand, which conversely should help residuals, but still think you'll take a hiding come resale. Understand that dealerships are floating creative GFV finance deals to help secure orders, so fully aware of this being the likely outcome despite it being a great car. Spider will fair slightly better as was the case with the 675LTS.

You've got to have either very deep pockets to stomach the depreciation or want the car very badly.
Deep pockets and zen like patience. I bought a super series new in 2018 and but spent massive amount of the time was spent at dealership sorting out various build issues present from delivery. This year it has been away with servicing for 4 months. If you think you are a mug to take the depreciation, think of taking the depreciation while not really owning it. I don't know it there is any evidence of them cleaning up their act.

12pack

1,125 posts

126 months

Tuesday 13th October
quotequote all
WilliamWaiver said:
Normal car enthusiast like you and me I'm guessing unless you are Lewis Hamilton in disguise ?

Has a lot of experience with supercars and whilst he might not be world class driver I would hazard a guess with his ring experience he could show us both a clean pair of heels.

I rather have a real world opinion from him than a paid journo who talks about heel and toe and drifting etc like when does that happen on a public road
Well, I was stuck behind him a couple of years ago, and he didn’t seem to have even a basic understanding of the line, much less braking points. Was downright dangerous. Perhaps he’s improved recently.

TB993tt

1,863 posts

199 months

Tuesday 13th October
quotequote all
Blenheimorange said:
JPCGT said:
Expect they'll reduce the number of UK RHD cars to match demand, which conversely should help residuals, but still think you'll take a hiding come resale. Understand that dealerships are floating creative GFV finance deals to help secure orders, so fully aware of this being the likely outcome despite it being a great car. Spider will fair slightly better as was the case with the 675LTS.

You've got to have either very deep pockets to stomach the depreciation or want the car very badly.
Deep pockets and zen like patience. I bought a super series new in 2018 and but spent massive amount of the time was spent at dealership sorting out various build issues present from delivery. This year it has been away with servicing for 4 months. If you think you are a mug to take the depreciation, think of taking the depreciation while not really owning it. I don't know it there is any evidence of them cleaning up their act.
I'm sorry to hear about your travails with your 720, that is really crap ......in contrast my bought new in 2018 720S was never in the dealer for more than a few days in my 29 month ownership experience.

"You've got to have either very deep pockets to stomach the depreciation or want the car very badly" surely it was ever thus and only got skewed in recent years by an unusual market, it is back to normal now where if you're buying a £300K car your eyes are wide open, you're going to have to pay to play !

Blenheimorange

15 posts

103 months

Tuesday 13th October
quotequote all
you must be one of the lucky few 720S owners! I understand many had lingering problems and I have been told from retired woking engineer that they were just pushing the cars out with faults in place for the dealerships to sort out. At least at the time, the production line had toxic culture where the build teams didn't know what they were doing on the same car and cars would for example be sent out with different coloured mirrors. In my case similar cosmetic and electronic issues. When it comes to buying new from Mclaren, I really think one needs an insurance policy against massive unexpected depreciation and issued of build quality.

ferdi p

1,462 posts

130 months

Tuesday 13th October
quotequote all
Blenheimorange said:
you must be one of the lucky few 720S owners! I understand many had lingering problems and I have been told from retired woking engineer that they were just pushing the cars out with faults in place for the dealerships to sort out. At least at the time, the production line had toxic culture where the build teams didn't know what they were doing on the same car and cars would for example be sent out with different coloured mirrors. In my case similar cosmetic and electronic issues. When it comes to buying new from Mclaren, I really think one needs an insurance policy against massive unexpected depreciation and issued of build quality.
I too am one of the lucky few smile

Algarve

1,565 posts

39 months

Tuesday 13th October
quotequote all
Crazy4557 said:
2017 Huracan here with 131km at £159k...yikesnuts
https://www.standvirtual.com/anuncio/lamborghini-h...
On the plus side we've got this:



3 x half litre jugs of wine and 4 x pints of beer for £16 in a restaurant... can't complain at that laugh


Cars are ridiculously expensive but depending on your lifestyle I suppose you could just accept taking a kicking on the price of that as everything else costs pretty much nothing smile

Rocketreid

308 posts

30 months

Tuesday 13th October
quotequote all
Blenheimorange said:
you must be one of the lucky few 720S owners! I understand many had lingering problems and I have been told from retired woking engineer that they were just pushing the cars out with faults in place for the dealerships to sort out. At least at the time, the production line had toxic culture where the build teams didn't know what they were doing on the same car and cars would for example be sent out with different coloured mirrors. In my case similar cosmetic and electronic issues. When it comes to buying new from Mclaren, I really think one needs an insurance policy against massive unexpected depreciation and issued of build quality.
Complete tosh !!

Matty3

703 posts

42 months

Tuesday 13th October
quotequote all
Blenheimorange said:
JPCGT said:
Expect they'll reduce the number of UK RHD cars to match demand, which conversely should help residuals, but still think you'll take a hiding come resale. Understand that dealerships are floating creative GFV finance deals to help secure orders, so fully aware of this being the likely outcome despite it being a great car. Spider will fair slightly better as was the case with the 675LTS.

You've got to have either very deep pockets to stomach the depreciation or want the car very badly.
Deep pockets and zen like patience. I bought a super series new in 2018 and but spent massive amount of the time was spent at dealership sorting out various build issues present from delivery. This year it has been away with servicing for 4 months. If you think you are a mug to take the depreciation, think of taking the depreciation while not really owning it. I don't know it there is any evidence of them cleaning up their act.
Do you still own it?

Maniac669

9 posts

18 months

Thursday 15th October
quotequote all
https://www.instagram.com/p/CGYBwLTJ8rx/

guy just cancelled his 765LT cause:
600LT, GT and Speedtail are all cumulated for 17 months on the workshop since delivery.

Nice.

And:
Very sad news. Due to quality problems at the rear window the 720LM will have to return to the factory😢. Will not come back before 2021.

Awesome stuff.

12pack

1,125 posts

126 months

Friday 16th October
quotequote all
Maniac669 said:
https://www.instagram.com/p/CGYBwLTJ8rx/

guy just cancelled his 765LT cause:
600LT, GT and Speedtail are all cumulated for 17 months on the workshop since delivery.

Nice.

And:
Very sad news. Due to quality problems at the rear window the 720LM will have to return to the factory??. Will not come back before 2021.

Awesome stuff.
Thanks very much for the update rolleyes

WilliamWaiver

403 posts

3 months

Friday 16th October
quotequote all
Won't be first or last cancellation for a variety of reasons but even more so in uncertain times. Its not a McLaren specific issue at the moment.
I'm hanging in with my spider order a little longer and hopefully get a feel for market from early coupes as I'm in no rush to spec mine up

Gut feel is I will cancel and buy a used one considerably cheaper in 18 months time. I dont need to always have the latest and greatest at the the time and certainly not if its at a £100k premium


123RY

36 posts

38 months

Friday 16th October
quotequote all
WilliamWaiver said:
Won't be first or last cancellation for a variety of reasons but even more so in uncertain times. Its not a McLaren specific issue at the moment.
I'm hanging in with my spider order a little longer and hopefully get a feel for market from early coupes as I'm in no rush to spec mine up

Gut feel is I will cancel and buy a used one considerably cheaper in 18 months time. I dont need to always have the latest and greatest at the the time and certainly not if its at a £100k premium
You are still considering it despite your recent 675lt purchase? How long till collection btw?

Buster73

4,089 posts

111 months

Friday 16th October
quotequote all
123RY said:
You are still considering it despite your recent 675lt purchase? How long till collection btw?
Don’t hold your breath.

WilliamWaiver

403 posts

3 months

Friday 16th October
quotequote all
123RY said:
You are still considering it despite your recent 675lt purchase? How long till collection btw?
Take possession Monday 2nd November and its straight into thorney motorsport for a few upgrades.

Having watched and read all the reviews I dont think the 765LT is the same step up from the base car as the 675LT was.

Until I'm pressed into speccing the car I will just leave the deposit /order in to keep my options open.
It will hopefully give me 3 months to enjoy 675LT in the meantime and see how the market pans out.
Gut feel is the prudent thing to do will be to revisit a used one potentially in 18 months.
I'm not sure they will be as collectable as the 675LT long term so thats going to be a keeper I think

TP321

1,228 posts

156 months

Friday 16th October
quotequote all
What is the base cost of a 765lt and how much are the must options?

WilliamWaiver

403 posts

3 months

Friday 16th October
quotequote all
From memory coupe is £285k basic.

My provisional spec on a spider is just sub £400k, nearly twice what I've paid for a mega mso spec 5,000 mile 675LT

Kent Border Kenny

856 posts

18 months

Friday 16th October
quotequote all
WilliamWaiver said:
From memory coupe is £285k basic.

My provisional spec on a spider is just sub £400k, nearly twice what I've paid for a mega mso spec 5,000 mile 675LT
What options do you have that add up to over £100,000?

650spider

1,238 posts

129 months

Saturday 17th October
quotequote all
Kent Border Kenny said:
What options do you have that add up to over £100,000?
To be fair, that would not be unheard of.

The original owner of my 650 spider went nuts ticking the options list and went from around the £215k mark upto just over £280k invoice.

Add on louvred wings etc and it could hit near £100k of options I would of thought.

Stupid stuff on my like the titanium MSO oil and water caps were over £1k alone...

I always search for a car that has the most options on it; just glad I am not the original owner that has to pay for them all through the nose.