McLaren 765LT

McLaren 765LT

Author
Discussion

Bispal

810 posts

109 months

Saturday 17th October
quotequote all
650spider said:
Kent Border Kenny said:
What options do you have that add up to over £100,000?
To be fair, that would not be unheard of.

The original owner of my 650 spider went nuts ticking the options list and went from around the £215k mark upto just over £280k invoice.

Add on louvred wings etc and it could hit near £100k of options I would of thought.

Stupid stuff on my like the titanium MSO oil and water caps were over £1k alone...

I always search for a car that has the most options on it; just glad I am not the original owner that has to pay for them all through the nose.
MSO Clubsport Pro $34,800
Titanium harness bar $9,400
MSO paint $9,400
CF bonnet $$6.900
CF rear wing $12,370
Roof Scoop $36,340
Parking aid $1,740
Brake upgrade £18,030
Engine window $8,470
Contrast stitching $3,030
CF bucket seats $7,580
Carbon pack 2 $24,140
Carbo pack 3 $4,860
CF splitter $9,410
bonnet louvres $

I gave up, that's around 1/3rd of the options and i couldn't even find the wing vents and its not ott on the CF there are loads more options and that's £186k / £143k on top of £285 =£428k!!!

So easily done.














WilliamWaiver

403 posts

3 months

Saturday 17th October
quotequote all
Spider option is £28k over coupe for a start so more like £70k in options and ive been reasonably sensible with it.

MDL111

4,884 posts

135 months

Saturday 17th October
quotequote all
Bispal said:
650spider said:
Kent Border Kenny said:
What options do you have that add up to over £100,000?
To be fair, that would not be unheard of.

The original owner of my 650 spider went nuts ticking the options list and went from around the £215k mark upto just over £280k invoice.

Add on louvred wings etc and it could hit near £100k of options I would of thought.

Stupid stuff on my like the titanium MSO oil and water caps were over £1k alone...

I always search for a car that has the most options on it; just glad I am not the original owner that has to pay for them all through the nose.
MSO Clubsport Pro $34,800
Titanium harness bar $9,400
MSO paint $9,400
CF bonnet $$6.900
CF rear wing $12,370
Roof Scoop $36,340
Parking aid $1,740
Brake upgrade £18,030
Engine window $8,470
Contrast stitching $3,030
CF bucket seats $7,580
Carbon pack 2 $24,140
Carbo pack 3 $4,860
CF splitter $9,410
bonnet louvres $

I gave up, that's around 1/3rd of the options and i couldn't even find the wing vents and its not ott on the CF there are loads more options and that's £186k / £143k on top of £285 =£428k!!!

So easily done.
So the Clubsport Pro pack does not include a harness bar? WTAF would have thought being able to fit harnesses is the whole point of a CS pack ....

Bispal

810 posts

109 months

Saturday 17th October
quotequote all
MDL111 said:
Bispal said:
650spider said:
Kent Border Kenny said:
What options do you have that add up to over £100,000?
To be fair, that would not be unheard of.

The original owner of my 650 spider went nuts ticking the options list and went from around the £215k mark upto just over £280k invoice.

Add on louvred wings etc and it could hit near £100k of options I would of thought.

Stupid stuff on my like the titanium MSO oil and water caps were over £1k alone...

I always search for a car that has the most options on it; just glad I am not the original owner that has to pay for them all through the nose.
MSO Clubsport Pro $34,800
Titanium harness bar $9,400
MSO paint $9,400
CF bonnet $$6.900
CF rear wing $12,370
Roof Scoop $36,340
Parking aid $1,740
Brake upgrade £18,030
Engine window $8,470
Contrast stitching $3,030
CF bucket seats $7,580
Carbon pack 2 $24,140
Carbo pack 3 $4,860
CF splitter $9,410
bonnet louvres $

I gave up, that's around 1/3rd of the options and i couldn't even find the wing vents and its not ott on the CF there are loads more options and that's £186k / £143k on top of £285 =£428k!!!

So easily done.
So the Clubsport Pro pack does not include a harness bar? WTAF would have thought being able to fit harnesses is the whole point of a CS pack ....
It might do, there could be some repeats in the packs, i cant see what is in the packs but they dont usually include everything.




TP321

1,228 posts

156 months

Saturday 17th October
quotequote all
I think it will be an amazing car, but looking at the options price list, coupes will be coming in at £350k and I am not sure in this market it will hold - when 720s and 600lts can be had from £130k.

WilliamWaiver

403 posts

3 months

Saturday 17th October
quotequote all
My concern is the volumes in this market, 1530 cars is simply too many for the brand and what hurt 600LT values because they pumped out circa 3,000 and ended up giving them away on silly PCP deals.

I would of been up for one of the PCP deals as it was cheap motoring at sub £50k over 2 years.
I would do that on a 765LT for sure but I dont think a deal quite that silly will be available on a limited suoer series car.

The 765LT will certainly not be sold out in 2 weeks and fetching a £100k premium like the 675LT.

Mclaren are their own worse enemies with their way to market on new cars and lack of support of used car residuals.
Lots of lessons to be learnt from ferrari on that front who do an amazing job of protecting their brand.
Mclaren might build a better car but the cost of ownership is the killer for most ordinary folk

Matty3

703 posts

42 months

Saturday 17th October
quotequote all
Have you taken delivery of your 675 or whatever yet William?

LordOfTheManor

830 posts

69 months

Saturday 17th October
quotequote all
You are spot on !clapclapclap

650spider

1,238 posts

129 months

Sunday 18th October
quotequote all
WilliamWaiver said:
My concern is the volumes in this market, 1530 cars is simply too many for the brand and what hurt 600LT values because they pumped out circa 3,000 and ended up giving them away on silly PCP deals.

I would of been up for one of the PCP deals as it was cheap motoring at sub £50k over 2 years.
I would do that on a 765LT for sure but I dont think a deal quite that silly will be available on a limited suoer series car.

The 765LT will certainly not be sold out in 2 weeks and fetching a £100k premium like the 675LT.

Mclaren are their own worse enemies with their way to market on new cars and lack of support of used car residuals.
Lots of lessons to be learnt from ferrari on that front who do an amazing job of protecting their brand.
Mclaren might build a better car but the cost of ownership is the killer for most ordinary folk
At some point, people will stop harking back to the launches of cars 4-5 years ago talking about how there was a huge waiting lists and premiums of £100k.

The world has dramatically moved on from then, and there are very few, if any, limited edition supercars that currently have huge waiting lists and premiums of any sort, never mind £100k.

Let's just see what happens if the wheels fall off the economy at the end of the year; i certainly would not be feeling super confident about paying over £200k currently for a 675LT and advocating thats where the smart money is, hence why i havn't, and don't.

Enjoy your purchase when it arrives, but give it a rest constantly talking about the 765 not being as good as the 675 and how it will tank £100k+; most people have picked up on your views.

 



WilliamWaiver

403 posts

3 months

Sunday 18th October
quotequote all
Matty3 said:
Have you taken delivery of your 675 or whatever yet William?
Mon 2nd Nov biggrinbiggrin

MAC 720S

1,168 posts

105 months

Sunday 18th October
quotequote all
650spider said:
Enjoy your purchase when it arrives, but give it a rest constantly talking about the 765 not being as good as the 675 and how it will tank £100k+; most people have picked up on your views.
Nah, I need to hear it a few more times, just for it to sink in.

WilliamWaiver

403 posts

3 months

Sunday 18th October
quotequote all
If we are all doomed, I'd rather have my money in a limited edition car, thats already done over £100k (more like £200k from its peak ) and bottomed out as well as know I've owned a iconic car. After all its only money and you only live once.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHwrenWHzsU

I know there are winners and losers in this whole coronavirus and brexit fiasco but my 2 businesses are experiencing unheard of demand so much so I'm looking at a bigger factory and employing more staff so its not all doom and gloom out there and we have been through recessions before so unless you have to sell, as my mate unfortunately did to help his business, a short term blip in value is not really relevant.
Something like a 675LT at the top of the food chain is a keeper car whereas maybe with a regular production car you would always yearn for more

Edited by WilliamWaiver on Sunday 18th October 10:39

650spider

1,238 posts

129 months

Sunday 18th October
quotequote all
MAC 720S said:
650spider said:
Enjoy your purchase when it arrives, but give it a rest constantly talking about the 765 not being as good as the 675 and how it will tank £100k+; most people have picked up on your views.
Nah, I need to hear it a few more times, just for it to sink in.
laugh


TP321

1,228 posts

156 months

Sunday 18th October
quotequote all
WilliamWaiver said:
If we are all doomed, I'd rather have my money in a limited edition car, thats already done over £100k (more like £200k from its peak ) and bottomed out as well as know I've owned a iconic car. After all its only money and you only live once.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHwrenWHzsU

I know there are winners and losers in this whole coronavirus and brexit fiasco but my 2 businesses are experiencing unheard of demand so much so I'm looking at a bigger factory and employing more staff so its not all doom and gloom out there and we have been through recessions before so unless you have to sell, as my mate unfortunately did to help his business, a short term blip in value is not really relevant.
Something like a 675LT at the top of the food chain is a keeper car whereas maybe with a regular production car you would always yearn for more

Edited by WilliamWaiver on Sunday 18th October 10:39
I thought you had a Kia franchise..?

RBT0

1,336 posts

77 months

Sunday 18th October
quotequote all
Here a look at the MSO Strata Theme

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sna8UGCPyzc&ap...

TP321

1,228 posts

156 months

Sunday 18th October
quotequote all
RBT0 said:
Here a look at the MSO Strata Theme

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sna8UGCPyzc&ap...
That looks amazing. Roof scoop as well

Kent Border Kenny

856 posts

18 months

Sunday 18th October
quotequote all
WilliamWaiver said:
Mon 2nd Nov biggrinbiggrin
Given the skepticism others have shown, and how nice the car is, I’d say that it has to be worth a custard picture.

It’ll be a nice way to end the topic.

DeltaOne

539 posts

171 months

Monday 19th October
quotequote all
WilliamWaiver said:
My concern is the volumes in this market, 1530 cars is simply too many for the brand and what hurt 600LT values because they pumped out circa 3,000 and ended up giving them away on silly PCP deals.

I would of been up for one of the PCP deals as it was cheap motoring at sub £50k over 2 years.
I would do that on a 765LT for sure but I dont think a deal quite that silly will be available on a limited suoer series car.

The 765LT will certainly not be sold out in 2 weeks and fetching a £100k premium like the 675LT.

Mclaren are their own worse enemies with their way to market on new cars and lack of support of used car residuals.
Lots of lessons to be learnt from ferrari on that front who do an amazing job of protecting their brand.
Mclaren might build a better car but the cost of ownership is the killer for most ordinary folk
The 675 is a great car, but not sure why you keep quoting that they all sold in 2 weeks (they didn’t) or that they had 100k premiums at one stage (they didn’t). I agree McLaren are a complete shambles with their marketing “strategy”, and show no signs of having learnt the lesson (>50% more 765’s over the money-burning 675).

Worth saying too that, to your other point, Ferrari USED to do a great job of protecting their brand, Current signs (far more 812 than F12 and Pista Coupe than Speciale Coupe) make it appear that they’re now appealing only to their shareholders since the IPO. The volume of 812 TDF when announced (am told November) will be interesting to compare to the F12 TDF, but signs aren’t encouraging

WilliamWaiver

403 posts

3 months

Monday 19th October
quotequote all
Kent Border Kenny said:
Given the skepticism others have shown, and how nice the car is, I’d say that it has to be worth a custard picture.

It’ll be a nice way to end the topic.
I've got a bulk order of custard in with Ambrosia as many will need it to wash down their humble pie biggrin

WCZ

7,945 posts

152 months

Monday 19th October
quotequote all
Kent Border Kenny said:
Given the skepticism others have shown, and how nice the car is, I’d say that it has to be worth a custard picture.

It’ll be a nice way to end the topic.
i'm 100% sure he'll get the car and is a legitimate owner.