Purple 12c spider at TH jnr

Purple 12c spider at TH jnr

Author
Discussion

akadk

995 posts

151 months

Saturday 30th October
quotequote all
Got the manual 997 GTS now, buckets too !

Very old skool compared to the spaceship McLaren




macdeb

7,961 posts

227 months

Saturday 30th October
quotequote all
Pleased, truly, bit if I may be honest? Does nothing here for me, sorry. Looks like any other.

Desert Dragon

948 posts

56 months

Sunday 31st October
quotequote all
997 does not hold a candle to 12c but I'd be very interested to see what OP says re a quick morning blat down a typical b road. I've not sat in a 12c as Mcl but it looks smaller than say a 720s or 570s? Is this smaller size of 12c an illusion - plays such an important part of enjoying our narrower roads from practicality point of view. Then the manual gearbox which adds to experience. I'd still keep the Mac hehe


akadk

995 posts

151 months

Sunday 31st October
quotequote all
macdeb said:
Pleased, truly, bit if I may be honest? Does nothing here for me, sorry. Looks like any other.
Most 911’s look the same, I agree.

The GTS used the wide body, so nice subtle difference

Anyhow, there isn’t another single manual one for sale, so it’s quite rare - and all about the B road blasting experience.


akadk

995 posts

151 months

Sunday 31st October
quotequote all
Desert Dragon said:
997 does not hold a candle to 12c but I'd be very interested to see what OP says re a quick morning blat down a typical b road. I've not sat in a 12c as Mcl but it looks smaller than say a 720s or 570s? Is this smaller size of 12c an illusion - plays such an important part of enjoying our narrower roads from practicality point of view. Then the manual gearbox which adds to experience. I'd still keep the Mac hehe

The 12C is the same size as all the others more or less.

Honestly, for a B road blast, nothing, and o mean nothing can beat the GR Yaris. That thing is off the chart.

But if it was a choice of 12C or GTS for a B road blast it would probably be the Pork, unless it was a beautiful blue sky sunny day - then I’d get the coat and Woolly hat !

Wheelspinning

36 posts

2 months

Sunday 31st October
quotequote all
I attended a McLaren arranged supercar event yesterday.

The single 12c that was there was very stunning in the flesh and to my eyes looked very fresh.

These looked modern when new, dated when the P1 look took over, and now fantastic.

A modern classic that shall only hold its value and increase.

12pack

1,336 posts

140 months

Sunday 31st October
quotequote all
akadk said:
The 12C is the same size as all the others more or less.

Honestly, for a B road blast, nothing, and o mean nothing can beat the GR Yaris. That thing is off the chart.

But if it was a choice of 12C or GTS for a B road blast it would probably be the Pork, unless it was a beautiful blue sky sunny day - then I’d get the coat and Woolly hat !
12C/650s are the smallest of the Macs. Even smaller than a 570. But it’s the seating position and forward visibility of the Macs that allow you to really press on on narrow roads. Frank Stephenson fender tops show you exactly where the front wheels are.

akadk

995 posts

151 months

Thursday 18th November
quotequote all
The warranty wise expires 5th December

Given their recent 4 figure payout on the accumulators, I’ve decided to keep it going

Just under £200 a month

Think I will advertise the car in the spring time for sale

sjc

12,031 posts

242 months

Thursday 18th November
quotequote all
akadk said:
The warranty wise expires 5th December

Given their recent 4 figure payout on the accumulators, I’ve decided to keep it going

Just under £200 a month

Think I will advertise the car in the spring time for sale
Have sent you a mail Sir

Desert Dragon

948 posts

56 months

Friday 19th November
quotequote all
I think you may well have lots of interest in the purple 12c. I understand what you say about b road blasts in something like a GR but dawn on a chilly misty morning with sun about to reveal all its heavenly glory - 12c roof down must be epic. Would you have another Mac I don't know say 720s?

akadk

995 posts

151 months

Sunday 21st November
quotequote all
Desert Dragon said:
I think you may well have lots of interest in the purple 12c. I understand what you say about b road blasts in something like a GR but dawn on a chilly misty morning with sun about to reveal all its heavenly glory - 12c roof down must be epic. Would you have another Mac I don't know say 720s?
I did just that today


Cold, but stunning sunshine

I came across a SCD convoy of 20 super cars, a few McL, anyone on here?


akadk

995 posts

151 months

Sunday 21st November
quotequote all
Also came across one of us




MrC986

2,944 posts

163 months

Sunday 21st November
quotequote all
Great to see you in your 12C adadk earlier up in the Peak District - the colour really shows in the late autumn sunlight cool

akadk

995 posts

151 months

Sunday 21st November
quotequote all
MrC986 said:
Great to see you in your 12C adadk earlier up in the Peak District - the colour really shows in the late autumn sunlight cool
beer

Desert Dragon

948 posts

56 months

Tuesday 23rd November
quotequote all
Just look at it! Very cool I think i need a convertible next wink