675LT Spider

Author
Discussion

Rocketreid

531 posts

49 months

Friday 4th March
quotequote all
champ19ns said:
I bought my Pista off Tom and he was a stand up gent

I would just advise to do your own research beforehand as I wouldn’t go by what anyone else says tbh.

I got a good deal on my car as he didn’t know the full extent of the spec on the car I bought - I found him to be an honest guy to deal with

Best of luck!
Tom Junior I believe is Ok, i have no knowledge of senior , however other son who was involved is unfortunately a convicted person with a criminal record, this is of course public record but I’m not sure how involved he is with the business after his conviction

champ19ns

153 posts

78 months

Friday 4th March
quotequote all
Rocketreid said:
Tom Junior I believe is Ok, i have no knowledge of senior , however other son who was involved is unfortunately a convicted person with a criminal record, this is of course public record but I’m not sure how involved he is with the business after his conviction
My dealings were with Senior

MOD500

2,684 posts

227 months

Friday 4th March
quotequote all
Lovely 675 spider in Burton blue at AB sonar Saw in metal at show last year and is mega thing

BrntRubber

Original Poster:

478 posts

61 months

Friday 4th March
quotequote all
MOD500 said:
Lovely 675 spider in Burton blue at AB sonar Saw in metal at show last year and is mega thing
She is nice and I really like the front fender vents. She is £30k more than the white car.

Curledge

355 posts

5 months

Friday 4th March
quotequote all
BrntRubber said:
She is nice and I really like the front fender vents. She is £30k more than the white car.
You gets what you pay for.
MSO front wing vents are rare and expensive as is Burton blue paint
No real surprise its a £240k car.

That said they all drive the same so getting an entry level car is not necessarily a bad thing

MOD500

2,684 posts

227 months

Friday 4th March
quotequote all
Brnt: the Blue car is higher spec with much lower mileage, and is fairly priced. Is a known car within owners club and no stories. Would be worth calling AB, he is v helpful and knowledgeable.

Edited by MOD500 on Friday 4th March 23:12

FrankieBee

700 posts

99 months

Friday 4th March
quotequote all
BrntRubber said:
Hi All,

I am trying to hone in on a 675LT Spider.

Can anyone clarify what the most desirable colours are for that car?

I prefer black and dark grey but that black seems to be very rare.

Thanks
Serious question. Why do you feel the need to post on PH to gain the opinions of others as to what colour Mac you should have. Surely it’s what you like and what and don’t give a rats arse about what others think?

BrntRubber

Original Poster:

478 posts

61 months

Friday 4th March
quotequote all
FrankieBee said:
BrntRubber said:
Hi All,

I am trying to hone in on a 675LT Spider.

Can anyone clarify what the most desirable colours are for that car?

I prefer black and dark grey but that black seems to be very rare.

Thanks
Serious question. Why do you feel the need to post on PH to gain the opinions of others as to what colour Mac you should have. Surely it’s what you like and what and don’t give a rats arse about what others think?
It's to understand desirability and which cars go for more money. I have limited understanding of this car market. Its not to know which colour you think I should buy lol.

For example the Burton blue car in the exact same spec as the white car with the same mileage etc would be worth more money because in this market that colour is more desirable.

FrankieBee

700 posts

99 months

Friday 4th March
quotequote all
BrntRubber said:
FrankieBee said:
BrntRubber said:
Hi All,

I am trying to hone in on a 675LT Spider.

Can anyone clarify what the most desirable colours are for that car?

I prefer black and dark grey but that black seems to be very rare.

Thanks
Serious question. Why do you feel the need to post on PH to gain the opinions of others as to what colour Mac you should have. Surely it’s what you like and what and don’t give a rats arse about what others think?
It's to understand desirability and which cars go for more money. I have limited understanding of this car market. Its not to know which colour you think I should buy lol.

For example the Burton blue car in the exact same spec as the white car with the same mileage etc would be worth more money because in this market that colour is more desirable.
Sorry I still don’t understand. Surely you buy the car you want e.g. 675LT in the colour YOU like. You buying it for you not for the next owner or for residual value?

BrntRubber

Original Poster:

478 posts

61 months

Saturday 5th March
quotequote all
FrankieBee said:
BrntRubber said:
FrankieBee said:
BrntRubber said:
Hi All,

I am trying to hone in on a 675LT Spider.

Can anyone clarify what the most desirable colours are for that car?

I prefer black and dark grey but that black seems to be very rare.

Thanks
Serious question. Why do you feel the need to post on PH to gain the opinions of others as to what colour Mac you should have. Surely it’s what you like and what and don’t give a rats arse about what others think?
It's to understand desirability and which cars go for more money. I have limited understanding of this car market. Its not to know which colour you think I should buy lol.

For example the Burton blue car in the exact same spec as the white car with the same mileage etc would be worth more money because in this market that colour is more desirable.
Sorry I still don’t understand. Surely you buy the car you want e.g. 675LT in the colour YOU like. You buying it for you not for the next owner or for residual value?
I am trying to understand why some cars are priced so much higher than others.

Also how likely it is for a colour I like is to come on the market. Black wasn't very desirable it seems and not many out there.

Sarnie

7,277 posts

186 months

Saturday 5th March
quotequote all
Brnt = Rambo? laugh

FrankieBee

700 posts

99 months

Saturday 5th March
quotequote all
Sarnie said:
Brnt = Rambo? laugh
Oh I get it now. Thanks thumbup

MDL111

6,239 posts

154 months

Saturday 5th March
quotequote all
FrankieBee said:
BrntRubber said:
FrankieBee said:
BrntRubber said:
Hi All,

I am trying to hone in on a 675LT Spider.

Can anyone clarify what the most desirable colours are for that car?

I prefer black and dark grey but that black seems to be very rare.

Thanks
Serious question. Why do you feel the need to post on PH to gain the opinions of others as to what colour Mac you should have. Surely it’s what you like and what and don’t give a rats arse about what others think?
It's to understand desirability and which cars go for more money. I have limited understanding of this car market. Its not to know which colour you think I should buy lol.

For example the Burton blue car in the exact same spec as the white car with the same mileage etc would be worth more money because in this market that colour is more desirable.
Sorry I still don’t understand. Surely you buy the car you want e.g. 675LT in the colour YOU like. You buying it for you not for the next owner or for residual value?
As he said he does not know the McL market and I think it is a fair point to establish which colors go for a premium - as you would not want to overpay for a car under the assumption it is a popular color when in fact it is not

Wheelspinning

174 posts

7 months

Saturday 5th March
quotequote all
Unfortunately, the colours that the OP has stated he does not like are the colours that sell very quickly.

The white one has sat about for a while as its not a desirable colour for the majority, hence its lower price; buy that and you shall have the same issue upon selling.

I would not be surprised if the dealer mentioned has been a bit economic on the truth regards owners etc, and alarm bells always ring if being pressured into a deposit.

I'm also surprised at the price of the Burton Blue car; I personally feel that come May that would of been £20k more...maybe the owner has a 765 spider coming?

In the case of mines the owner had an early 765 coupe and very reluctantly sold me my one he had bought from new; he has since asked to buy it back to compliment the 765 which he doesn't feel is a keeper.

My advice; orange, green or grey, as much carbon as possible, wing louvres, low miles but more than 5k so its been used, and as low previous owners as possible.

Buying from AB shall get you the exact same years warranty you get from McLaren, the car shall be impeccably presented, and he only sells cars with A1 history / ownership and no stories.

As I mentioned before, call him as he shall most likely be able to source you the colour and spec that you want; he knows of most of most of the 675s out there.

It took him a year of persuading the previous owner to part with my 675 and right upto money transfer we thought he would change his mind as he had done so previously.

Best of luck in your search; I have had a few McLarens but the 675 is very special.

Wheelspinning

174 posts

7 months

Saturday 5th March
quotequote all
FrankieBee said:
Sarnie said:
Brnt = Rambo? laugh
Oh I get it now. Thanks thumbup
I have a 675 spider and make positive posts about it...could I be Rambo? scratchchin



Curledge

355 posts

5 months

Saturday 5th March
quotequote all
Wheelspinning said:
I have a 675 spider and make positive posts about it...could I be Rambo? scratchchin
So Rambo has now got 2 675LTs and looking for a 3rd yikes
What does he know that the rest of us are missing scratchchin

I'd better buy one quick before the boat sails, and he owns all UK RHD stock and controls the market rolleyes

Edited by Curledge on Saturday 5th March 09:36

123RY

116 posts

57 months

Saturday 5th March
quotequote all
Curledge said:
So Rambo has now got 2 675LTs and looking for a 3rd yikes
What does he know that the rest of us are missing scratchchin

I'd better buy one quick before the boat sails, and he owns all UK RHD stock and controls the market rolleyes

Edited by Curledge on Saturday 5th March 09:36
Yes you better! I know someone who has a napier green spider with all the carbon goodies and Thorney's custom race downpipes. Reckon it's worth a fortune though so you better start saving.

MOD500

2,684 posts

227 months

Saturday 5th March
quotequote all
Lovely orange spider at McLeeds too, was looking resplendent in morning sun earlier today when there. Another known car within owners club and lovely condition.

Wheelspinning

174 posts

7 months

Saturday 5th March
quotequote all
123RY said:
Curledge said:
So Rambo has now got 2 675LTs and looking for a 3rd yikes
What does he know that the rest of us are missing scratchchin

I'd better buy one quick before the boat sails, and he owns all UK RHD stock and controls the market rolleyes

Edited by Curledge on Saturday 5th March 09:36
Yes you better! I know someone who has a napier green spider with all the carbon goodies and Thorney's custom race downpipes. Reckon it's worth a fortune though so you better start saving.
Flippin heck...the plot thickens.

I have a napier 675 spider with all the carbon and louvres...

Its never been to Thorneys though as he is about 500 miles away and is completely as it left the factory.

Looks like I'm not Rambo after all.

Curledge

355 posts

5 months

Saturday 5th March
quotequote all
Wheelspinning said:
Flippin heck...the plot thickens.

I have a napier 675 spider with all the carbon and louvres...

Its never been to Thorneys though as he is about 500 miles away and is completely as it left the factory.

Looks like I'm not Rambo after all.
Who said Rambo had a green one ?
Cant be many with all the carbon and MSO louvres but seems like 2 - Wheelspinning and 123RYs mate


Edited by Curledge on Saturday 5th March 12:10


Edited by Curledge on Saturday 5th March 12:11