CPOP 2015 What are YOU looking forward to?

CPOP 2015 What are YOU looking forward to?

Author
Discussion

tail slide

Original Poster:

2,136 posts

206 months

Tuesday 16th June 2015
quotequote all
droopsnoot said:
I can't believe that based on the number of photos I took over the weekend, I don't have a single one of the R8. I suspect most of the time I was at the bridge and missed the "take-off" point, and if the car's not off the ground there it's not a very interesting photo. 918 was the same - that didn't take off either.
That must be it, you missed me! Defo got some air but it has got rather long-travel suspension smile

Edited by tail slide on Tuesday 16th June 14:36

alangtt

272 posts

121 months

Tuesday 16th June 2015
quotequote all
What happened to the integrate (s7??) on Sunday afternoon. Is it and the driver ok?

ArsE92

20,289 posts

146 months

Tuesday 16th June 2015
quotequote all
alangtt said:
What happened to the integrate (s7??) on Sunday afternoon. Is it and the driver ok?
Ah, I saw the ambulance dashing over but had no idea what had happened.

Richair

1,021 posts

156 months

Tuesday 16th June 2015
quotequote all
Integrale S4 wink

Stuffed it backwards into something hard so I hear! I was in the queue at the start line when the red flags came out and we had quite a wait! The tow truck came back carless so I presume it parked up somewhere... My OT and a couple of mates were watching over the back end of the course and said it came crawling past with some serious damage at the rear; an S4 has very complicated plumbing which was mostly hanging out the back apparently! Expensive bill, but I'm sure way less than the car is worth thankfully!..

ETA. I can understand why a car or two was bent on the final run as conditions were treacherous! I had wheelspin everywhere in any gear on the straights when the boost came in, plus I locked up like the car was driving on ice... It was interesting to say the least! I bet the Escorts were loving it though smile

Edited by Richair on Tuesday 16th June 19:57

droopsnoot

8,187 posts

201 months

Wednesday 17th June 2015
quotequote all
Richair said:
Integrale S4 wink
Delta S4 smile

I also wondered about that - I was at the start line when the action stopped, and near the main straight when it resumed again but left shortly after that. Good to hear no-one was hurt at least.

Richair

1,021 posts

156 months

Wednesday 17th June 2015
quotequote all
droopsnoot said:
Richair said:
Integrale S4 wink
Delta S4 smile

I also wondered about that - I was at the start line when the action stopped, and near the main straight when it resumed again but left shortly after that. Good to hear no-one was hurt at least.
Haha you got me, an ex Integrale owner should know better!!!.. Slap my wrists.

molineux1980

1,077 posts

178 months

Wednesday 17th June 2015
quotequote all
I saw the S4 spin, it was leading up to the chicane on the straight. My view was partially obscured by the bridge and bales, but it looked like it snapped sidewards under acceleration, spun and hit the bales backwards. Driver was ok from what I could see, but the S4 had a poorly bottom.

Enjoyed it again this year, took my dad as an early Fathers day present, but seemed to lack a bit of sparkle this year having been to the last couple.

Richair

1,021 posts

156 months

Wednesday 17th June 2015
quotequote all
molineux1980 said:
I saw the S4 spin, it was leading up to the chicane on the straight. My view was partially obscured by the bridge and bales, but it looked like it snapped sidewards under acceleration, spun and hit the bales backwards. Driver was ok from what I could see, but the S4 had a poorly bottom.

Enjoyed it again this year, took my dad as an early Fathers day present, but seemed to lack a bit of sparkle this year having been to the last couple.
It could have been under breaking then as the track was particularly slippery here; being very easy on the brakes had them locking which I didn't even realise at first... And I would have been going no way near as quick as the S4 as I couldn't get the power down and was spinning the wheels most of the way down the straight.

Good that the driver seemed ok!!

Pat H

7,614 posts

215 months

Wednesday 17th June 2015
quotequote all
Richair said:
I can understand why a car or two was bent on the final run as conditions were treacherous! I had wheelspin everywhere in any gear on the straights when the boost came in, plus I locked up like the car was driving on ice... It was interesting to say the least! I bet the Escorts were loving it though smile
Hello Rich,

Good to meet you on Sunday.

I must confess that I decided not to do the last run, given the change in weather conditions.

Maybe I'm just soft, but taking a mid engined turbo'd car with ten year old tyres out on a greasy and unfamiliar course wasn't very appealing.

Big thanks to the chap at Sporting Bears for lending me a helmet so that I could have a couple of fast runs.

I had only been expecting to be trundling around on the parade lap.

drink

ajprice

19,108 posts

155 months

Wednesday 17th June 2015
quotequote all
We were there on the Saturday, as we were going out over the bridge we saw the silver 'Jesus Saves' single seater have a big moment through the hay bales chicane. Was everything ok with it afterwards, and how brown was the race suit when they got out? hehe

Richair

1,021 posts

156 months

Thursday 18th June 2015
quotequote all
Pat H said:
Hello Rich,

Good to meet you on Sunday.

I must confess that I decided not to do the last run, given the change in weather conditions.

Maybe I'm just soft, but taking a mid engined turbo'd car with ten year old tyres out on a greasy and unfamiliar course wasn't very appealing.

Big thanks to the chap at Sporting Bears for lending me a helmet so that I could have a couple of fast runs.

I had only been expecting to be trundling around on the parade lap.

drink
Likewise great to meet you and I really enjoyed ogling your Esprit; what a lovely original car, I really don't blame you for going out again and I reckon you made a good call as conditions were at their worst for the weekend... A lot of other drivers had decided the same and most of the crowds had left by then any ways...

Rich thumbup

Richair

1,021 posts

156 months

Thursday 18th June 2015
quotequote all
ajprice said:
We were there on the Saturday, as we were going out over the bridge we saw the silver 'Jesus Saves' single seater have a big moment through the hay bales chicane. Was everything ok with it afterwards, and how brown was the race suit when they got out? hehe
This was Gary Thomas driving in his Force PC; he's very handy on the UK hill climb scene and crashes like this are fairly standard for these boys. As far as I know all was ok and the car was out again on Sunday and was flying! He set the fastest time of the weekend with a 58'34 on the second run of Sunday. I particularly like the v8 scalp stickers on this car! (I'm not so sure about the religious stuff though...)

WJNB

2,637 posts

120 months

Wednesday 30th March 2016
quotequote all
Going for the first time this year having become sick & tired of the same old stuff at Goodwood AND paying through the nose.
Got a feeling the extra cost in fuel & possibly an overnight stay will be well worth it.

droopsnoot

8,187 posts

201 months

Thursday 31st March 2016
quotequote all
I've always enjoyed it, often despite the weather, but then it's not far for me. I know some people who prefer it to the larger events - I'd try one if they were a bit closer.