It's postponed!

It's postponed!

Author
Discussion

eps

5,136 posts

224 months

Thursday 18th June
quotequote all
Fingers crossed June 30th is good news..!

FredericRobinson

2,058 posts

187 months

Thursday 18th June
quotequote all
My complete guess is they’ll go with ACO members living locally only

davidd

6,066 posts

239 months

Thursday 18th June
quotequote all
FredericRobinson said:
My complete guess is they’ll go with ACO members living locally only
yes very likely

wsn03

1,256 posts

56 months

Thursday 18th June
quotequote all
Timing is the issue.
More and more talk of a 2nd wave, especially in Autumn, im hoping it hits after Le Mans, but who knows.


Edited by wsn03 on Thursday 18th June 11:42

chasingracecars

1,666 posts

52 months

Thursday 18th June
quotequote all
The condensed schedule also works better for TV With little to no fan engagement. No pit walks, no drivers parade etc.

Red Firecracker

5,158 posts

182 months

Thursday 18th June
quotequote all
The condensed schedule is an absolute killer!

LM240

3,256 posts

173 months

Thursday 18th June
quotequote all
Still up in the air. News of second waves really isn’t helping.

Even if they say spectators, that could be overturned days before if a major second wave appears.

Would it still be viable for them with restricted numbers? Just how restricted would they need to be?

Grandstand tickets only? ACO members only? French residents only? Lottery of ticket holders down to a restricted number?

It would hurt even more for it to be running but lose out on a lottery type attendance.

Red Firecracker

5,158 posts

182 months

Thursday 18th June
quotequote all
chasingracecars said:
The condensed schedule also works better for TV With little to no fan engagement. No pit walks, no drivers parade etc.
Driver's Parade is not run by the ACO, so may still be happening

LM240

3,256 posts

173 months

Thursday 18th June
quotequote all
Red Firecracker said:
chasingracecars said:
The condensed schedule also works better for TV With little to no fan engagement. No pit walks, no drivers parade etc.
Driver's Parade is not run by the ACO, so may still be happening
Just getting the race and being able to attend would be brilliant.

The rest (parades, concerts, pit walks, meet ups etc etc) you could accept is sacrificed to make it happen.

Tyre Smoke

14,598 posts

216 months

Thursday 18th June
quotequote all
Didn't I read or hear somewhere that there were people camping at Le Mans for the Virtual?

If they limit numbers, at least they're be no shower queues.

LM240

3,256 posts

173 months

Thursday 18th June
quotequote all
Tyre Smoke said:
Didn't I read or hear somewhere that there were people camping at Le Mans for the Virtual?

If they limit numbers, at least they're be no shower queues.
I think it was Lowdrag who mentioned it. But seemed a local news story about locals camping at home with big screens.

I don’t think people travelled to the circuit.

Chrisgr31

11,609 posts

210 months

Thursday 18th June
quotequote all
If it was ACO Members only I would be able to attend, the rest of my group couldn't. If they are going to restrict entry it rather begs the question as to why they are still selling tickets!

Truckosaurus

7,469 posts

239 months

Friday 19th June
quotequote all
Chrisgr31 said:
....If they are going to restrict entry it rather begs the question as to why they are still selling tickets!
Cashflow.

Gets some money in the coffers and hope most people will roll the tickets over to 2021 (and worry about lack of money coming in for 2021 ticket sales in the new year).

//j17

3,461 posts

178 months

Friday 19th June
quotequote all
Truckosaurus said:
Chrisgr31 said:
....If they are going to restrict entry it rather begs the question as to why they are still selling tickets!
Cashflow.

Gets some money in the coffers and hope most people will roll the tickets over to 2021 (and worry about lack of money coming in for 2021 ticket sales in the new year).
Hey, even if you refund people you've still had their cash sat in your account rather than their own accounts, so either earning you a little interest/reducing the interest you incur on your debts.

eps

5,136 posts

224 months

Friday 19th June
quotequote all
Chrisgr31 said:
If it was ACO Members only I would be able to attend, the rest of my group couldn't. If they are going to restrict entry it rather begs the question as to why they are still selling tickets!
Press on regardless. I think they are going on the premise that until they are told it can't happen that it will happen.... From meetings of 5,000 to 100,000 or 200,000 is quite a jump.

LawrieC

187 posts

59 months

Friday 19th June
quotequote all
If I could only sell 500 tickets, they'd be £1,000 each, or more

They still have the mayhem of the Tour de France to sort first
Friday 19th June
quotequote all
eps said:
From meetings of 5,000 to 100,000 or 200,000 is quite a jump.
Not if the policy was way over the top in the first place. It may be dropped before the end of Aug. The science went out the window weeks ago and st is now just plain politics.






Red Firecracker

5,158 posts

182 months

Friday 19th June
quotequote all
You do have to factor in 'actual visitor numbers' versus 'ACO declared visitor numbers' as well. Depending on what metric they're working to this year (or how many times they're counting each scan of every ticket as a unique visitor) they may well be below 5000 anyway biggrin
Sunday 21st June
quotequote all
Spain opened up today so I suspect it's just a matter of time for France.

https://www.express.co.uk/travel/articles/1298880/...

I might try and book a Brittany Ferry to Santander for next week...take the C63 with me smile

EDIT: OMG it's nearly 1k???? lol

Edited by Powerfully Built PSC Director - Outside IR35 on Sunday 21st June 18:32

delta0

1,280 posts

61 months

Sunday 21st June
quotequote all
Powerfully Built PSC Director - Outside IR35 said:
Spain opened up today so I suspect it's just a matter of time for France.

https://www.express.co.uk/travel/articles/1298880/...

I might try and book a Brittany Ferry to Santander for next week...take the C63 with me smile

EDIT: OMG it's nearly 1k???? lol

Edited by Powerfully Built PSC Director - Outside IR35 on Sunday 21st June 18:32
Until the foreign office advice changes from “The Foreign & Commonwealth Office currently advises British nationals against all but essential international travel.” no one has valid travel insurance if they do go abroad. Hopefully this will change soon.