Travel Destinations Porsche curves

Travel Destinations Porsche curves

Author
Discussion

Ben Jk

1,679 posts

169 months

Sunday 2nd June
quotequote all
Ladder said:
thanks for the replies: helpful links and will look through them,

Arriving Thursday mid-afternoon, on the 10am Euro Tunnel over then driving down, most likely the direct route over.

Are cars easy to get in and out of the camping site? I have expected that once in, we probably won't use it as we tram/shuttle around the spots.

Do TD have their own shuttle runs around the circuit or did I misread something else?
Has anyone had the pre-erect tent option...wondering if I need to pack the air mattress ...


Edited by Ladder on Sunday 2nd June 16:37
TD don’t have a shuttle service but there are general ones that run from not far away. You can get cars in and out easy. I think the pre-erected tents come with airbeds but don’t quote me on that. Best to check with TD.

RL17

1,323 posts

96 months

Sunday 2nd June
quotequote all
Maybe a glamping option (canvas tent) with air beds and a pre-erected tent option so I’d check what you are invoiced for and maybe then call/email

Ladder

9 posts

1 month

Sunday 2nd June
quotequote all
I've got a normal tent with a 'ground pad'...that's how it was described.

Ben Jk

1,679 posts

169 months

Monday 3rd June
quotequote all
Ladder said:
I've got a normal tent with a 'ground pad'...that's how it was described.
Worth giving them a call then.

I remember in 2022 seeing them blowing up a st load of airbeds in the bronze camp....assume they were for the pre-erected as the Silver Event tents have wooden beds now but check before you go.

Ladder

9 posts

1 month

Monday 3rd June
quotequote all
Not huge amount of into - didn't sound like the call assistant really knew, Said it will just be tent only which is at slighty odds to the "ground pad" info I got at booking.

Chrisgr31

13,564 posts

258 months

Monday 3rd June
quotequote all
Does a ground pad mean a ground sheet? That’s what I suspect so you’ll need some form of bed to sleep on!

Becks2702

Original Poster:

43 posts

110 months

Monday 3rd June
quotequote all
Ladder said:
Not huge amount of into - didn't sound like the call assistant really knew, Said it will just be tent only which is at slighty odds to the "ground pad" info I got at booking.
This is from next years booking form if it helps?

“Bronze | Camping - Pre-Erected Tent deposit
Our signature private campsite on the iconic Porsche Curves, with access to our exclusive viewing bank. Including a pre-erected tent and air mattress. Maximum of three people per tent/pitch - parking is in a separate area not on the camping pitch
£
200.00”


I know super u in arnage sells airbeds as we had to buy one a few years ago after a puncture haha


Ladder

9 posts

1 month

Monday 3rd June
quotequote all
yes that is helpful....i'll gamble and worst case buy one from the local outlets if need be. thanks for help all.

Ben Jk

1,679 posts

169 months

Tuesday 4th June
quotequote all
Right...are we having an (un) official PH Travel Destinations Porsche Curves beer at some point next week?

I reckon my group will be venturing to Bronze for the band on Friday night after the afternoon in Arnage.

ettore

4,213 posts

255 months

Tuesday 4th June
quotequote all
Does anyone know if the bar is open (and food?) on the Sunday night?

It's my 25th trip but the first one with Travel Destinations, so not sure about the form!

Ben Jk

1,679 posts

169 months

Tuesday 4th June
quotequote all
ettore said:
Does anyone know if the bar is open (and food?) on the Sunday night?

It's my 25th trip but the first one with Travel Destinations, so not sure about the form!
yep - all will be open. Always has been

Northcote67

168 posts

48 months

Tuesday 4th June
quotequote all
Ben Jk said:
ettore said:
Does anyone know if the bar is open (and food?) on the Sunday night?

It's my 25th trip but the first one with Travel Destinations, so not sure about the form!
yep - all will be open. Always has been
Not only is it open as usual on the Sunday, they are showing the first England game for those interested

EddScott

21 posts

194 months

Wednesday 5th June
quotequote all

We're going over Thursday morning. Coming from West Wales, I should have booked from Portsmouth but didn't think so we're using the Shuttle - habit from driving to Germany.

We're in the Silver Zone and also taking light camping stuff.

So, there are shops where we can purchase things like drinks and food - like a supermarket rather than restaurants etc?

We'll be in a White Impreza smile

Truckosaurus

11,592 posts

287 months

Wednesday 5th June
quotequote all
EddScott said:
So, there are shops where we can purchase things like drinks and food - like a supermarket rather than restaurants etc?
Closest big supermarket to Porsche Curves is the SuperU at the north end of Arnage.

https://www.magasins-u.com/magasin/superu-arnage.m...

Map => https://maps.app.goo.gl/ek76U2jWu7fsf7j7A

Vsix and Vtec

720 posts

21 months

Wednesday 5th June
quotequote all
Truckosaurus said:
Closest big supermarket to Porsche Curves is the SuperU at the north end of Arnage.

https://www.magasins-u.com/magasin/superu-arnage.m...

Map => https://maps.app.goo.gl/ek76U2jWu7fsf7j7A
This is the one I always use. Absolutely everything you could think of in store, and they really get into the spirit of Le Mans, with displays of merch and bunting everywhere. Good carpark too!

Northcote67

168 posts

48 months

Wednesday 5th June
quotequote all
Vsix and Vtec said:
Truckosaurus said:
Closest big supermarket to Porsche Curves is the SuperU at the north end of Arnage.

https://www.magasins-u.com/magasin/superu-arnage.m...

Map => https://maps.app.goo.gl/ek76U2jWu7fsf7j7A
This is the one I always use. Absolutely everything you could think of in store, and they really get into the spirit of Le Mans, with displays of merch and bunting everywhere. Good carpark too!
Aye, and beer tokens too biggrin

Herbie Hammer

682 posts

269 months

Monday 17th June
quotequote all
Be interesting to know if all worked out in the end - we had a bit of a mare with them getting the booking wrong on the invoice last year albeit, the actual booking was ok and we got all we had requested but it was just painfui to get the correct written confirmation. When on site, a few niggles like cold shower etc which weren't killers at the end of the day (But didnt happen with Speed Chills!!) so intrigued to see what the overall view was?

After all the hassles will people be walking with their feet and booking elsewhere - on the TV shots there did seem to be a lot of space on site!!

HH.

Ben Jk

1,679 posts

169 months

Monday 17th June
quotequote all
It was a really good experience for us on Silver. Never had a cold shower….was good that they threw in breakfast this time. Small thing but it was a bit poor that it was 2 mugs and 2 radios per tent…especially when we had a group of 6. Otherwise really good.

We go every other year so will see how next year pans out before we commit to them in 2026.

Mark_S1000RR_2010

45 posts

6 months

Monday 17th June
quotequote all
Similar to above. The onsite experience was really good, we were on Silver. Few minor niggles (and I do mean minor). They ran out of all soft drinks except Fanta on Saturday night, there were no more baked beans left on Sunday morning, and our solar power block didn’t work that well. Apart from that, no issues.

The beds were super comfortable, the showers were hot and proper powerful, the food was universally good. However, the staff were the key difference - they grafted and were always cheerful/helpful. They made for a really great atmosphere.

With all this positive feedback, would I book again with TD? - An absolute and emphatic “no”. They made such a meal of my booking over the last 10 months that I wouldn’t touch them with a barge pole, which is a pity cause the onsite experience was great.

Becks2702

Original Poster:

43 posts

110 months

Monday 17th June
quotequote all
Just back from Bronze site. Have to say after the nightmare booking process and having no cabin on the outbound. The site was spot on.
They actually linked our booking with my dad and brother (who booked separately)
Showers and toilets were kept clean and tidy. Water was hot.
Only grumble for us was they closed the marquee at 1am sat night due to the staff needing a break. Previous years it’s been open for whole race. With the weather being so crap this niggled us a bit. But other than that and the rubbish weather weekend was spot on.
Next year I’ll book our crossing separately, I didn’t even realise that was an option until my Dad said he’d done so?