Model 3 UK orders.

Model 3 UK orders.

Author
Discussion

DrJFoster

41 posts

11 months

Sunday 7th February
quotequote all
ZesPak said:
Smiljan said:
ZesPak said:
Ok, it wasn't clear to me that you actually had one.
Classic blunder rofl
hehe
Have to admit, plenty of people love to complain about these while obviously never been near one.
Have to admit, plenty of people love to praise about these while obviously never been near one.

Wasn't there a guy called Rob who used to post on here all the time about how good they were, and then when he actually got his and he simply disappeared? That seems too much of a coincidence.

And I'm no technophobe, unless not tolerating faulty software and poor ergonomics makes me one.

I had the car as I was foolish to believe all the hype. I was told a salary sacrifice meant I could have a car as good as my BMW M3 but for half the price. How could I go wrong? How wrong they were. I've not been tempted to go for a single stress relieving drive into countryside since getting it, yet that was a weekly joy to look forward to before.


Lim

2,274 posts

6 months

Sunday 7th February
quotequote all
Tesla sent me some winter mud flaps.

Has anyone fitted them, is it worth the bother, given it's febuary?

TheRainMaker

4,700 posts

206 months

Sunday 7th February
quotequote all
100% yes, get them on.

This picture is from an owner of a one year old m3 complaining on Twitter.


Smiljan

8,739 posts

161 months

Sunday 7th February
quotequote all
Depends what sort of roads you're driving on too and how often you clean the car but the front ones have a bit of a design flaw so they end up trapping a load of dirt a mud behind them which could rot the arch.

There's a massive thread on the owners club site with the usual denial and pointing fingers accusing people of being liars and anti-Tesla when they bring up the issue of paint wearing off ... until they post up photos.

Loads of owners have had the issue but it does seem to be much worse in the rust belt areas, Canada and Scandinavia. Not sure I've seen any UK cars affected but they haven't been around that long yet.

https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/threads/model-3-pa...

I wouldn't fit the mudflaps personally.

NDA

17,865 posts

189 months

Sunday 7th February
quotequote all
My Model 3 is new (a month old) and I wasn't offered mudflaps.... I'm not sure I'd fit them even if offered.

I wish navigation was better - it's really awful.

Zcd1

224 posts

19 months

Sunday 7th February
quotequote all
DrJFoster said:
Wasn't there a guy called Rob who used to post on here all the time about how good they were, and then when he actually got his and he simply disappeared? That seems too much of a coincidence.
You've actually got it backwards - but perhaps that was on purpose, eh?

Rob tired of the relentless Tesla-bashing from some PH members and decided he'd had enough. He'd had his Model 3 for some time, and so knew what was good and bad about it.

No car is perfect, and Teslas are no exception, but it's not a coincidence that Tesla's customer satisfaction is about the highest in the industry. And no, it's not due to a cult or brainwashing, or alien technology or stupidity on the part of the owners - they're exceptional vehicles for the way most people use cars.

Smiljan

8,739 posts

161 months

Sunday 7th February
quotequote all
We do miss Rob, he was very pro Tesla and sometimes got a bit carried away but I enjoyed chatting with him.

Hopefully he’ll return someday.

As for Lim, I think if you read through that paint problem thread some people say the latter cars have thicker paint in the areas there were problems before. I’m not sure it an issue on UK cars. There is a YouTube video kicking around showing the mudflaps and how the front ones trap a lot of mud behind them so probably not worth fitting.

I used to own a Mk5 Golf and know all about rotting wings...

Durzel

9,690 posts

132 months

Sunday 7th February
quotequote all
I got offered the mudflaps free recently (March 2020 car). Haven’t bothered fitting them, as said above they’re prone to trap mud behind it, which I figure will be even worse than not having them on at all. My car has PPF though.

Heres Johnny

6,165 posts

88 months

Sunday 7th February
quotequote all
Rob was on here a lot longer before he got his car and not that long after. Think he was in NZ and had to wait a long time to get his M3 which just heightened his anticipation. To say he was enthusiastic towards Tesla would be an understatement. His Tesla would have needed to come with a Diesel engine before he’d say a bad word about it or the company and even then he’s probably find a way to justify it

Bobtherallyfan

674 posts

42 months

Sunday 7th February
quotequote all
Zcd1 said:
You've actually got it backwards - but perhaps that was on purpose, eh?

Rob tired of the relentless Tesla-bashing from some PH members and decided he'd had enough. He'd had his Model 3 for some time, and so knew what was good and bad about it.

No car is perfect, and Teslas are no exception, but it's not a coincidence that Tesla's customer satisfaction is about the highest in the industry. And no, it's not due to a cult or brainwashing, or alien technology or stupidity on the part of the owners - they're exceptional vehicles for the way most people use cars.
Of course it’s a cult. Do you really think people would put up with the crap build quality if Ford or Vauxhall were building the Model3. The panel gaps are frankly comical on some Tesla’s.

Zcd1

224 posts

19 months

Sunday 7th February
quotequote all
Bobtherallyfan said:
Of course it’s a cult.
Weak attempt at trolling.

Isn’t it about time for you to throw in a comment about disappearing roofs?

Edited by Zcd1 on Sunday 7th February 21:13

NDA

17,865 posts

189 months

Monday 8th February
quotequote all
Bobtherallyfan said:
Of course it’s a cult. Do you really think people would put up with the crap build quality if Ford or Vauxhall were building the Model3. The panel gaps are frankly comical on some Tesla’s.
I have a Tesla M3 and don't feel I've been brainwashed into buying one - nor was I brainwashed into buying several Astons, Lamborghini, Bentley etc etc.

Maybe I got lucky, but there's nothing wrong with my Tesla, the panel gaps are better than cars I've had costing 4 times as much.

Maracus

3,621 posts

132 months

Monday 8th February
quotequote all
NDA said:
Bobtherallyfan said:
Of course it’s a cult. Do you really think people would put up with the crap build quality if Ford or Vauxhall were building the Model3. The panel gaps are frankly comical on some Tesla’s.
I have a Tesla M3 and don't feel I've been brainwashed into buying one - nor was I brainwashed into buying several Astons, Lamborghini, Bentley etc etc.

Maybe I got lucky, but there's nothing wrong with my Tesla, the panel gaps are better than cars I've had costing 4 times as much.
I have one too, albeit through a work lease. No issue with panel gaps or build quality, easily on a par with anything I've had from BMW or Audi.

The only time it's been back to a Tesla Centre in the 11 months I've had it, was for a failed indicator/headlamp unit.

Smiljan

8,739 posts

161 months

Monday 8th February
quotequote all

RobDickinson

30,804 posts

218 months

Monday 8th February
quotequote all
Zcd1 said:
Rob tired of the relentless Tesla-bashing from some PH members and decided he'd had enough. He'd had his Model 3 for some time, and so knew what was good and bad about it.
Edit - it was actually the personal abuse which the moderators were doing nothing about.

The tesla bashing on here is utterly irrelevant, they march onwards regardless.



Edited by RobDickinson on Monday 8th February 23:53

caziques

1,985 posts

132 months

Tuesday 9th February
quotequote all

Rob and I are fortunate in living in NZ - where (to all intents and purposes), cars don't rust.

Cars end of life is either - accident (common) or mechanical old age. Even exhausts will generally last the life of the car.

I will never buy another ICE vehicle - I aim to buy an EV with good range within a year or two - no reason why it won't still be on the road in 40 years time, and will probably outlast me.

At least Tesla proved all the "batteries will need changing every few years at vast expense" doomsayers wrong.

Candida

7 posts

54 months

Tuesday 9th February
quotequote all
Lim said:
I still fumble for the radio. Needs a dedicated icon .
And get rid of the oversized arrows and favourites button so that you can actually read the RDS display...

Why doesnt it at least text wrap ?????

isleofthorns

288 posts

134 months

Tuesday 9th February
quotequote all
Bobtherallyfan said:
Of course it’s a cult. Do you really think people would put up with the crap build quality if Ford or Vauxhall were building the Model3. The panel gaps are frankly comical on some Tesla’s.


like this one...

greggy50

5,232 posts

155 months

Tuesday 9th February
quotequote all
Has that been in an accident...

isleofthorns

288 posts

134 months

Tuesday 9th February
quotequote all
greggy50 said:
Has that been in an accident...
Haha... No... it's about 1 month old.... as it came from the factory. Haven't bothered to do anything about it yet, as it's a lease car. One of the cameras isn't working either, so will get them to look at this when it goes in.

I wouldn't be happy at all if I had bought to keep.