Re : Toyota GR Yaris - official!

Re : Toyota GR Yaris - official!

TOPIC CLOSED
TOPIC CLOSED
Author
Discussion

UK952

707 posts

223 months

Monday 1st March
quotequote all
TramWrecker said:
Im not googling Cat D I want you to tell me what that is?
its an insurance write off category (though they changed a while ago, think it is N now) but basically the insurance company said it was uneconomical to repair as the damage was too extensive - it was not so extensive it has to be scrapped though, so with 2nd hand parts, your own labour it may be worthwhile returning to the road.

Edited by UK952 on Monday 1st March 12:49

UK952

707 posts

223 months

Monday 1st March
quotequote all
StottyGTR said:
I think BOTB bought it and are raffling it which explains the high sale price.
Didn't they announce that before the auction ended though? is it the other Litchfield car - the black one they have? Pics of both on BOTB website.


TramWrecker

195 posts

5 months

Monday 1st March
quotequote all
UK952 said:
its an insurance write off category (though they changed a while ago, think it is N now) but basically the insurance company said it was uneconomical to repair as the damage was too extensive - it was not so extensive it has to be scrapped though, so with 2nd hand parts, your own labour it may be worthwhile returning to the road.

Edited by UK952 on Monday 1st March 12:49
Ah yes I see,

They have the same exact thing here but it's under and different name.

StottyGTR

6,850 posts

127 months

Monday 1st March
quotequote all
UK952 said:
StottyGTR said:
I think BOTB bought it and are raffling it which explains the high sale price.
Didn't they announce that before the auction ended though? is it the other Litchfield car - the black one they have? Pics of both on BOTB website.
Not a clue tbh I don't pay much attention. I just saw BOTB raffling the Litchfield car and the pic was of a white Yaris, it went for crazy money so I put 2 and 2 together.

TorqueR

1,665 posts

96 months

Monday 1st March
quotequote all


I spotted this brand-new example in Worksop today. Is it anybody on here?

Save Ferris

2,410 posts

177 months

Monday 1st March
quotequote all
I’ve had Pure White one go out this morning, the first on a ‘21 plate!
Then 2 Black ones later in the week, the customers are all very excited!



Edited by Save Ferris on Monday 1st March 14:54

rossfitz

403 posts

215 months

Monday 1st March
quotequote all
UK952 said:
Didn't they announce that before the auction ended though? is it the other Litchfield car - the black one they have? Pics of both on BOTB website.
Looking for these pics on the BOTB site, but can't find. Any chance of a link please?

ecsrobin

12,663 posts

129 months

Monday 1st March
quotequote all
Had to go to the butchers today which is quite a long route, the roads were surprisingly quiet and a pleasant 13deg outside. The car just felt so capable on the B roads and it was nice just to get to know the car a bit more. I’ve mainly been commuting which has got a bit dull (not because of the car) but being able to push on was a nice change. I also had another attempt at a 0-60 with a slight incline and got a 5.19 I’m still st at them and have no real need to get better at them but as there was an opportunity I thought why not.

UK952

707 posts

223 months

Monday 1st March
quotequote all
rossfitz said:
Looking for these pics on the BOTB site, but can't find. Any chance of a link please?
https://www.botb.com/prizes/midweek/litchfield-toyota-gr-yaris/

PhilPol

138 posts

5 months

Monday 1st March
quotequote all
Mine went into build today, things just got a lot more real biggrin

rossfitz

403 posts

215 months

Monday 1st March
quotequote all
UK952 said:
Cheers. That’s a lot of tickets at £1.40 each to cover the auction price

tighnamara

1,387 posts

117 months

Monday 1st March
quotequote all
PhilPol said:
Mine went into build today, things just got a lot more real biggrin
Exciting smile

Out of interest, when is your current delivery date, I’ve not got the app with dealer telling me my delivery is 20th April so thinking it must be being built around now.

Torqu3steer

133 posts

47 months

Monday 1st March
quotequote all
tighnamara said:
PhilPol said:
Mine went into build today, things just got a lot more real biggrin
Exciting smile

Out of interest, when is your current delivery date, I’ve not got the app with dealer telling me my delivery is 20th April so thinking it must be being built around now.
And when did you order please PhilPot?

PhilPol

138 posts

5 months

Monday 1st March
quotequote all
Torqu3steer said:
tighnamara said:
PhilPol said:
Mine went into build today, things just got a lot more real biggrin
Exciting smile

Out of interest, when is your current delivery date, I’ve not got the app with dealer telling me my delivery is 20th April so thinking it must be being built around now.
And when did you order please PhilPot?
I ordered on the 12th November, and the delivery date is 30th June, which seems about right from what I read here for lead times once a car goes into build.

One proviso that may may make my experience irrelevant to yours, is that I live in Poland, I've seen a lot of guys here from the UK who ordered the same time as me and have already picked up their cars.

If your delivery date is the 20th April, then yours is almost certainly already on the ship and on it's way.

forest172

583 posts

170 months

Monday 1st March
quotequote all
Mine picked up today


tighnamara

1,387 posts

117 months

Monday 1st March
quotequote all
PhilPol said:
I ordered on the 12th November, and the delivery date is 30th June, which seems about right from what I read here for lead times once a car goes into build.

One proviso that may may make my experience irrelevant to yours, is that I live in Poland, I've seen a lot of guys here from the UK who ordered the same time as me and have already picked up their cars.

If your delivery date is the 20th April, then yours is almost certainly already on the ship and on it's way.
Thanks, sounds like mine could be sailing, will have to send a mail to the dealer for an update on where it is in the build.

tighnamara

1,387 posts

117 months

Monday 1st March
quotequote all
PhilPol said:
I ordered on the 12th November, and the delivery date is 30th June, which seems about right from what I read here for lead times once a car goes into build.

One proviso that may may make my experience irrelevant to yours, is that I live in Poland, I've seen a lot of guys here from the UK who ordered the same time as me and have already picked up their cars.

If your delivery date is the 20th April, then yours is almost certainly already on the ship and on it's way.
Thanks, sounds like mine could be sailing, will have to send a mail to the dealer for an update on where it is in the build.

ecsrobin

12,663 posts

129 months

Monday 1st March
quotequote all
forest172 said:
Mine picked up today

Initial thoughts compared to the Evo?

rodericb

2,993 posts

90 months

Monday 1st March
quotequote all
TramWrecker said:
ecsrobin said:
I’m guessing he’s Australian as that was the first buyers price. If you don’t want the car go for it. If you like your car don’t go for it.
Thanks guys for the enlightenment.

Yeah well I'll pick up in two days, in all seriousness I'll know for sure on the day.

I'm sure by all accounts from reviews, I'll be keeping it.
I picked mine up last friday. I never had any intention to sell it and I still don't - even if someone offered me $55k for it. Besides, I don't what I would replace it with for anything near $55k.

Pappyjohn

364 posts

35 months

Monday 1st March
quotequote all
rodericb said:
I picked mine up last friday. I never had any intention to sell it and I still don't - even if someone offered me $55k for it. Besides, I don't what I would replace it with for anything near $55k.
Have to agree with you there. UK owners can sell for 35 easily but then what else would you get? The competitors are either 2wd or 4wd autos and all are just so massive.
TOPIC CLOSED
TOPIC CLOSED