Alpine A110 owners

Alpine A110 owners

Author
Discussion

Miserablegit

3,198 posts

86 months

Friday 22nd April
quotequote all
leglessAlex said:
Same. If I’m on an A road but one that is busy enough that I can’t drive quickly, I’ll often amuse myself with speeding up then letting off just to hear it hehe
That’s because you’re a child.
I do exactly the same laugh

FrenchA110

138 posts

18 months

Friday 22nd April
quotequote all
Second trackday with my pure last weekend at La Ferté Gaucher in France.

Long and technical track with some high speed corners. I reckon the S would have been more planted on this track because cornering at 120/130kmh in my Pure started to feel fidgety ! Good fun tho, I tried Track Mode this time and the ESC level is really low, you can do some serious slides even without disconnecing it totally.

Starting to think about getting some Life110 springs and A110S ARBs for a pretty cheap trackday upgrade.

I’m pretty bad on track since I’m a beginner but you can still pass some 911s and 718s up to the GTS level. Anything with a GT4 badge is logically quicker.
Could hang with the M2s too.






AlexNJ89

986 posts

56 months

Friday 22nd April
quotequote all
I did the Thruxton Alpine experience yesterday. Actually almost killed myself.

I booked it before I even collected my Alpine, but I got the opportunity for some very useful coaching and also to drive a Pure followed by an S model back to back.

The S model was sooo much better on track, it felt way faster, stable and cornered better. The difference was better than I expected.

Whether I do ever get an S model or not I'll decide in a couple of years and see what my garage looks like. For now I do too many B-road trips to want an S, and if I wanted a track car I have a Caterham.

As for almost killing myself... it was late in the session and we were in the S and the instructor was pushing me and pushing me to really go for max pace now that I knew the track, on a sweeping bend (named Goodwood I think), he had been telling me to turn in and hit the apex but I had kept missing it so I was determined to hit it, I was doing about 110mph and felt understeer and thought at my current speed I wasn't going to hit the apex so I let off the throttle, I was more on target for the apex and got back on the throttle but had caused lift-off oversteer which sent me in to a sliding going 105mph towards the marshalls post, the instructor grabbed the wheel and we flew millimeters past the marshalls post spinning back across the track almost very similar to this, you can see where the marshalls post is:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxPDQ3epZVc



Also, you don't wear helmets on this experience day to my surprise.

xondat

135 posts

27 months

Friday 22nd April
quotequote all
leglessAlex said:
Same. If I’m on an A road but one that is busy enough that I can’t drive quickly, I’ll often amuse myself with speeding up then letting off just to hear it hehe
Glad I'm not the only one!

Another fun trick is to drop the left window a bit, keep it in a higher gear with manual mode, then ~30% throttle... love hearing the air get sucked in.

Adam205

780 posts

159 months

Saturday 23rd April
quotequote all
Hoofty said:
No problem! Always happy to help where I can.

I have not looked at the accessory catalogue myself, but I think those wheel widths are almost correct - this is stolen from the Life 110 site:

Legende and Serac wheels:

Front - 18" x 7J, ET29
Rear - 18" x 8J, ET40

Fuchs and GT Race wheels:

Front - 18" x 7.5J, ET35
Rear - 18" x 8.5J, ET46

Note that you can fit both Pure/GT tyre widths (205/40 and 235/40) and S tyre widths (215/40 and 245/40) to the Fuchs and GT Race wheels, so you would not need additional tyres - you could put the existing summer tyres on the GT Race/Grand Prix wheels. I am here assuming that the accessory 'GT Race' wheel is the same as the 'Grand Prix' wheel.

Within limits set by ETRTO, increasing wheel width for a given tyre width is advantageous for steering/handling, with little impact on ride comfort. The Life 110 Corse Cup wheels are 0.5" wider still, carrying that advantage to the S (215/245) tyre fitment.

https://life110.co.uk/collections/alpine-a110-tuni...

I should have added - the official 'fix' for the side storage box is to supply them with a strip of self adhesive velcro to attach to the carpet. It is not ideal, so I found some automotive seat cloth and slipped two pieces under the door seals:



wavey
The Grand Prix wheels aren't the same as the GT race, but they are the same size.

KenC

648 posts

212 months

Saturday 23rd April
quotequote all
domrusty said:
TimLam7 said:
Just put a deposit down on the ex-demo Pure at Winchester. Orange Sanguine with the black Serac wheels.

Hopefully collecting on Friday in time for a run down to Cornwall. Not sure why I'm more nervous than excited!
Wow. Bet that looks stunning. Congratulations!
Did this deal fall through?I noticed it marked as reserved or under offer and this has been removed from the ad.

AyOneTen

10 posts

1 month

Sunday 24th April
quotequote all
springfan62 said:
A link to the fasteners would be really useful MG.

I have already swapped the 3 screws that hold the rear window with some press button ones. Much easier to use.
Sorry for going so far back, but just to make sure, If I swap the three screws for the rear window with the push button solution from Ress Motorsport:

https://www.alpine-tuning.de/alpine-a110-zubehoer/

The release is still only possible from the boot but not from the outside by anyone who would fancy a look at the engine, correct?

Additionally from what I have seen the MY2022 GT still has the screw-type engine cover release and not the S‘s D-Ring quick release solution.

Update on my coming GT:
Ordered the silver MP Rezeau Shift paddles.

Asked my dealer whether I could order the diamondback version of the GT Race wheels (the ones with back and silver spoked you changed for the A110 S), as they don‘t show up in the accessory catalogue but I prefer them over the full black ones.

xondat

135 posts

27 months

Sunday 24th April
quotequote all
AyOneTen said:
Sorry for going so far back, but just to make sure, If I swap the three screws for the rear window with the push button solution from Ress Motorsport:

https://www.alpine-tuning.de/alpine-a110-zubehoer/

The release is still only possible from the boot but not from the outside by anyone who would fancy a look at the engine, correct?
Ooh these look great, will get some ordered when it's reopened!

springfan62

699 posts

53 months

Sunday 24th April
quotequote all
AyOneTen said:
The release is still only possible from the boot but not from the outside by anyone who would fancy a look at the engine, correct?
Correct, you operate them from within the boot like the screw ones.

Versions are available on ebay that do exactly the same job for a fraction of the price and you never see them anyway they are tucked away in the boot.

worldwidewebs

1,505 posts

227 months

Sunday 24th April
quotequote all
springfan62 said:
AyOneTen said:
The release is still only possible from the boot but not from the outside by anyone who would fancy a look at the engine, correct?
Correct, you operate them from within the boot like the screw ones.

Versions are available on ebay that do exactly the same job for a fraction of the price and you never see them anyway they are tucked away in the boot.
Are they reliable? Just wondering if they start to become slack over time

springfan62

699 posts

53 months

Sunday 24th April
quotequote all
worldwidewebs said:
springfan62 said:
AyOneTen said:
The release is still only possible from the boot but not from the outside by anyone who would fancy a look at the engine, correct?
Correct, you operate them from within the boot like the screw ones.

Versions are available on ebay that do exactly the same job for a fraction of the price and you never see them anyway they are tucked away in the boot.
Are they reliable? Just wondering if they start to become slack over time
Mine have been fine, had them a couple of year now but obviously you don't need to use them that often and I bought a pack of 4 so have a spare just in case.


AyOneTen

10 posts

1 month

Sunday 24th April
quotequote all
Awesome, many thanks @springfan



BTW I just found a new option in the configurator which had not been there last months:
blacked out headlights (well actually just the Alpine signature piece that is usually silver).
Should look good on A110S and bit more daunting colours.
Think I am very happy with the silver ones on my Thunder Grey GT


tony993

236 posts

192 months

Sunday 24th April
quotequote all
I asked for these black lights on my car (ordered November) & they refused to sell them to me. Bloody annoying, as I really dislike those silver bits in the lights I'll be getting. They refused to sell me several other options I wanted that they are offering to other people too - for example: aluminium belled brake discs (because I didn't specify 18" wheels), reverse camera (because I don't want parking sensors). I'm not too worried about the other things, as I'll be able to buy them elsewhere & save some money, but I'm not going to be able to upgrade my lights for EUR150.

Juffled

145 posts

159 months

Sunday 24th April
quotequote all
springfan62 said:
Mine have been fine, had them a couple of year now but obviously you don't need to use them that often and I bought a pack of 4 so have a spare just in case.
slightly confused as to how these work on the rear window, do you just not use the retaining nut (on the button) because otherwise the window would stand proud? So when you press the button they just fall off onto your hand instead (which is fine)....or does the retaining nut fit into the recess in the window?

springfan62

699 posts

53 months

Sunday 24th April
quotequote all
You thread the bolt with the round head into the base of the window, when you lower the window the round heads protrude into the boot. You clip the buttons onto each head, press the button to release.

You have to adjust the length of the bolt when you install them to start but once set up it’s very easy to open the rear window.

FrenchA110

138 posts

18 months

Monday 25th April
quotequote all
tony993 said:
I asked for these black lights on my car (ordered November) & they refused to sell them to me. Bloody annoying, as I really dislike those silver bits in the lights I'll be getting. They refused to sell me several other options I wanted that they are offering to other people too - for example: aluminium belled brake discs (because I didn't specify 18" wheels), reverse camera (because I don't want parking sensors). I'm not too worried about the other things, as I'll be able to buy them elsewhere & save some money, but I'm not going to be able to upgrade my lights for EUR150.
The 320mm brakes don’t fit with the 17 inch wheels sadly. Reverse camera is only sold in a package including front and rear sensors. They can’t « unpack » those options in the configurator I guess.

Juffled

145 posts

159 months

Monday 25th April
quotequote all
springfan62 said:
You thread the bolt with the round head into the base of the window, when you lower the window the round heads protrude into the boot. You clip the buttons onto each head, press the button to release.

You have to adjust the length of the bolt when you install them to start but once set up it’s very easy to open the rear window.
Yep so when you press the button the whole button comes away, as opposed to staying in place.

Sporky

2,909 posts

41 months

Monday 25th April
quotequote all
FrenchA110 said:
The 320mm brakes don’t fit with the 17 inch wheels sadly. Reverse camera is only sold in a package including front and rear sensors. They can’t « unpack » those options in the configurator I guess.
And - bizarrely - you can't have 17s unless you have bucket seats.

CliveJ7

15 posts

40 months

Monday 25th April
quotequote all
tony993 said:
I asked for these black lights on my car (ordered November) & they refused to sell them to me. Bloody annoying, as I really dislike those silver bits in the lights I'll be getting. I'm not too worried about the other things, as I'll be able to buy them elsewhere & save some money, but I'm not going to be able to upgrade my lights for EUR150.
Yes, that's a bit irritating if you prefer the black (as I do too), but you'll see from the UK Price and Option list 2022 on the website that the black lights are only available on the GT and S.

AyOneTen

10 posts

1 month

Tuesday 26th April
quotequote all
I think that's just the way it is. And I guess it is not uncommon to not be able to order a sole rear view camera without parking sensors for other manufacturers too.


It is a bit weird though that the black headlights were not available in November when you could start ordering the MY22 A110s but is slightly delayed for a few months.
I guess it just shows that it is a small factory for a low-volume sports car. But would still be nice to at least offer a replacement service for those you want them.

And then there are some country-specific differences. For example in Germany the option to later fit a six poitn racing harness does not show up in the configurator or the brochure at all. Don't know if you can still get it when you ask the dealer, but otherwise MP Rezeau also has an aftermarket solution for that I guess.