2022 Formula E Thread

2022 Formula E Thread

Author
Discussion

JonChalk

Original Poster:

5,592 posts

87 months

Friday 28th January
quotequote all
Couldn't see a thread for this season, so....

Qualifying underway for first (double-header) race weekend.

Have to say; I'm liking the new quali head-to-head set up fro this year, so far.

JonChalk

Original Poster:

5,592 posts

87 months

Friday 28th January
quotequote all
Pole for Vandoorne, Dennis in P2

That made for a good quali setup and session.

bridge87

30 posts

129 months

Friday 28th January
quotequote all
I'd agree.

Initially I wasn't sure how the duel format would be. But the high pressure head to head worked well.

They might need to adjust the timings slightly to keep the action going throughout the coverage.

Sandpit Steve

5,849 posts

51 months

JonChalk

Original Poster:

5,592 posts

87 months

Friday 28th January
quotequote all
It was a good race, without being desperately exciting, but a few god action moments.

2 sMoKiN bArReLs

28,067 posts

212 months

Friday 28th January
quotequote all
Thanks for the heads up...completely missed that the season had started!

Just watched race 1 on Youtube.

I've tried to Google it, but I'm a bit useless. Why no Giovinazzi?

JonChalk

Original Poster:

5,592 posts

87 months

Friday 28th January
quotequote all
2 sMoKiN bArReLs said:
Thanks for the heads up...completely missed that the season had started!

Just watched race 1 on Youtube.

I've tried to Google it, but I'm a bit useless. Why no Giovinazzi?
He was in it, just right at the back the whole race.

2 sMoKiN bArReLs

28,067 posts

212 months

Friday 28th January
quotequote all
JonChalk said:
2 sMoKiN bArReLs said:
Thanks for the heads up...completely missed that the season had started!

Just watched race 1 on Youtube.

I've tried to Google it, but I'm a bit useless. Why no Giovinazzi?
He was in it, just right at the back the whole race.
Well, what a dork I turned out to be! He was so far back never on the graphic. Cheers thumbup

JonChalk

Original Poster:

5,592 posts

87 months

Friday 28th January
quotequote all
2 sMoKiN bArReLs said:
Well, what a dork I turned out to be! He was so far back never on the graphic. Cheers thumbup
I get why you missed him wink. Bit sad really, but it's probably a bit of a learning curve coming out of F1, with little practice - let's hope he gets up to speed quickly.

2 sMoKiN bArReLs

28,067 posts

212 months

Friday 28th January
quotequote all
JonChalk said:
2 sMoKiN bArReLs said:
Well, what a dork I turned out to be! He was so far back never on the graphic. Cheers thumbup
I get why you missed him wink. Bit sad really, but it's probably a bit of a learning curve coming out of F1, with little practice - let's hope he gets up to speed quickly.
Hope so. I thought he did OK in F1.

JoelH

75 posts

7 months

Friday 28th January
quotequote all
JonChalk said:
I get why you missed him wink. Bit sad really, but it's probably a bit of a learning curve coming out of F1, with little practice - let's hope he gets up to speed quickly.
It's a very big learning curve. Those drivers who have done F1, WEC and various other series all say the FE cars are deceptively difficult to drive.

moffspeed

1,823 posts

184 months

Saturday 29th January
quotequote all
Yes, it felt good watching some live motorsport again. IMHO a more impressive spectacle will be the Daytona 24 Hrs on Motorsport TV this weekend. The new GTD Pro class looks very strong with 8 manufacturers.

Back to FE. In early seasons most teams seemed fairly evenly matched and it was difficult to predict a winner. A hierarchy has now been established, inevitably with Merc at the top. Giovinazzi in a Dragon Penske and fellow rookie Dan Ticktum in the Nio will be scrambling to get a points finish however well they adapt.


JonChalk

Original Poster:

5,592 posts

87 months

Saturday 29th January
quotequote all
What I like about FE is that the grid can't be guaranteed in advance - quite a different group going into shoot-outs, with a few of yesterday's faster drivers struggling a bit today.

Giovinazzi and Ticktum still struggling, Askew doing a bit better.

JonChalk

Original Poster:

5,592 posts

87 months

Saturday 29th January
quotequote all
..oh and the head-to-head split screen thing is pretty good too.

cuprabob

11,062 posts

191 months

Saturday 29th January
quotequote all
Coverage of the 2nd race starts in a few minutes on Channel 4.

FourWheelDrift

84,382 posts

261 months

Saturday 29th January
quotequote all
Is Michael Masi running this race?

JoelH

75 posts

7 months

Saturday 29th January
quotequote all
That was a pain for Bird. He had 2% more energy than anyone but no time added due to how late the safety car was.

JonChalk

Original Poster:

5,592 posts

87 months

Saturday 29th January
quotequote all
Was a good race and building nicely when the SC ruined it.

EDLT

15,367 posts

183 months

Saturday 29th January
quotequote all
I thought races couldn't finish under the safety car...

konark

935 posts

96 months

Sunday 30th January
quotequote all
Yeah, drivers finishing in the order they were in the race, that'll never do.