The 2018 Rallying thread..(WRC, ERC, etc)

The 2018 Rallying thread..(WRC, ERC, etc)

Author
Discussion

df76

1,793 posts

214 months

Sunday 14th January
quotequote all
Motorsport TV is now available on Freesat (channel 253), and that claims to be showing evening highlights at every WRC round. Assume that may be the same coverage as Red Bull TV.

Also showing British, Irish and Belgian rally highlights. Again, that's probably the same programmes as shown elsewhere.

epom

5,944 posts

97 months

Sunday 14th January
quotequote all
Someone made an excellent point there about not even a mention of the launch on Pistonheads. Anyone from the hirearchy anything to say on that? Not giving out, just wondering why not?

RyanTank

2,751 posts

90 months

Sunday 14th January
quotequote all
forgot to add to this point earlier -
PhillipM said:
The cars were just basic rolling mock-ups anyway, most of the parts weren't finished, I'd be amazed if the actual cars aren't quite far from them
probably just the standard display/show mock up cars being used just to show the liveries. The Fiesta at goodwood 2 years ago was engineless for instance. the full fat cars are currently all over europe in prep for testing.


epom said:
Someone made an excellent point there about not even a mention of the launch on Pistonheads. Anyone from the hirearchy anything to say on that? Not giving out, just wondering why not?
twas me. no coverage of the launch, but mention of the upcoming Monte with a nice pic of the stratos rolleyes

alistair1234

579 posts

82 months

Monday 15th January
quotequote all
epom said:


Oh man, now that's aggressive, love it !! Maybe a sign of things going in the right direction at last smile
Err, almost identical to the 2017 car, no?

epom

5,944 posts

97 months

Monday 15th January
quotequote all
alistair1234 said:
epom said:


Oh man, now that's aggressive, love it !! Maybe a sign of things going in the right direction at last smile
Err, almost identical to the 2017 car, no?
Yep it is to be fair, just saw that pic and was suitably impressed that's all.

Advertisement

PhillipM

5,466 posts

125 months

Monday 15th January
quotequote all
RyanTank said:
twas me. no coverage of the launch, but mention of the upcoming Monte with a nice pic of the stratos rolleyes
I don't even think the Citroen was made in house if you looked at the cage/chassis work, looked liked they'd given the local school a project.

Pericoloso

36,901 posts

99 months

Tuesday 16th January
quotequote all
Any one going to Brands Hatch on Saturday for a round of the circuit championship ?

Yes ,it's not exactly Kielder standards of excitement but here in the south east ,it's better than nothing....smile

The 3 amigos with Ferrari 308 Michelottos are entered ,some Cosworths ,Evos and loads of Escorts and modern stuff too ,so

something for everyone ,hopefully.

chunder27

1,352 posts

144 months

Tuesday 16th January
quotequote all
Was pretty cool when it was only a tenner, but as usual Palmer has seen a cash cow and with the bridge and fuel ends up being quite dear for standing in the bloody cold for hours.

Sorry no

Drumroll

1,083 posts

56 months

Tuesday 16th January
quotequote all
Here we go again chunder moaning. Have you actually got anything good to say?

df76

1,793 posts

214 months

Wednesday 17th January
quotequote all
chunder27 said:
Was pretty cool when it was only a tenner, but as usual Palmer has seen a cash cow ...
It's £13 to get in, and Palmer has been the best thing for the MSV circuits. Run as a proper business.

confucuis

1,042 posts

60 months

Wednesday 17th January
quotequote all
Between fuel, tolls and the entrance fee, it costs me 100 euro to go to Mondello park to watch some circuit rallying....

Skylinecrazy

13,624 posts

130 months

Wednesday 17th January
quotequote all
chunder27 said:
Was pretty cool when it was only a tenner, but as usual Palmer has seen a cash cow and with the bridge and fuel ends up being quite dear for standing in the bloody cold for hours.

Sorry no
For a day's motorsport? Are you mad?

It's not expensive at all - compare it to football.

Watch out for Chris West in the maxi, awesome car and awesome driver. He's walking the series so far.

Pericoloso

36,901 posts

99 months

Wednesday 17th January
quotequote all
Skylinecrazy said:
For a day's motorsport? Are you mad?

It's not expensive at all - compare it to football.

Watch out for Chris West in the maxi, awesome car and awesome driver. He's walking the series so far.
He's car no.1.

RyanTank

2,751 posts

90 months

Wednesday 17th January
quotequote all
chunder27 said:
Was pretty cool when it was only a tenner, but as usual Palmer has seen a cash cow and with the bridge and fuel ends up being quite dear for standing in the bloody cold for hours.

Sorry no
its only £13!? I spend more than that on a meal these days. I'd rather go hungry for a day (or just take a packed lunch) and get a full days rallying instead.

Costs go up to my friend, Insurances and security for events needs paying and the competitors are already footing the bill for the insurance and competition fees etc etc.

greeny12

202 posts

155 months

Thursday 18th January
quotequote all
No Delecour at the Monte this year frown

Was really hoping he was going to show up in that mad Aston which was filmed testing in the area last year.

Alex Langheck

Original Poster:

803 posts

65 months

Thursday 18th January
quotequote all
Hmm, no Delecour, no Porsche 911 R- GT's, only 3 ( I think) Abarth 124 R-GT's......

The FiA should have just allowed GT3's for use in WRC/ ERC rallying; there are hundreds of them of all makes. Instead of the R-GT class which simply hasn't delivered.

ian_c_uk

1,050 posts

139 months

Thursday 18th January
quotequote all
greeny12 said:
No Delecour at the Monte this year frown

Was really hoping he was going to show up in that mad Aston which was filmed testing in the area last year.
What a shame, sounded (and looked) ace at FOS last year...


greeny12

202 posts

155 months

Thursday 18th January
quotequote all
Alex Langheck said:
Hmm, no Delecour, no Porsche 911 R- GT's, only 3 ( I think) Abarth 124 R-GT's......

The FiA should have just allowed GT3's for use in WRC/ ERC rallying; there are hundreds of them of all makes. Instead of the R-GT class which simply hasn't delivered.
Agreed - kind of feels like the FIA/WRC have missed an open goal with R-GT.

chunder27

1,352 posts

144 months

Thursday 18th January
quotequote all
It's 16 quid if you turn up for the day, a few years ago it was a tenner. That is my point, price has gone up a fair bit, quality of entry hasn't, all he is doing is paying for his crappy tarmac series by nicking money off punters motorways services style when there is nothing else on. Fair enough if you want to pay for a pointless MSV rally series out of your pocket.

For me it's a long, cold day for the same price as a normal race meeting. Fair enough if it was 50 miles away and I didn't have to go over a bridge that was paid for 10 years ago, but I do, so sod off.

I am more likely to do the Donington one in March as I will be watching stock cars the night before at Kings Lynn, and staying at a mates overnight who lives 15 miles from Donington.

If the entry was worth the money I would go, but sorry it isn't. MSV just thinks it is!!

Skylinecrazy

13,624 posts

130 months

Friday 19th January
quotequote all
chunder27 said:
It's 16 quid if you turn up for the day, a few years ago it was a tenner. That is my point, price has gone up a fair bit, quality of entry hasn't, all he is doing is paying for his crappy tarmac series by nicking money off punters motorways services style when there is nothing else on. Fair enough if you want to pay for a pointless MSV rally series out of your pocket.

For me it's a long, cold day for the same price as a normal race meeting. Fair enough if it was 50 miles away and I didn't have to go over a bridge that was paid for 10 years ago, but I do, so sod off.

I am more likely to do the Donington one in March as I will be watching stock cars the night before at Kings Lynn, and staying at a mates overnight who lives 15 miles from Donington.

If the entry was worth the money I would go, but sorry it isn't. MSV just thinks it is!!
I think the MSV round at Cadwell was the second highest attended event there this year behind BSB. So others obviously think the entry is pretty good too.

It's not pointless either is it?

Actually, I'm not going to feed the troll anymore...