BTCC 2020 Rumour Mill

BTCC 2020 Rumour Mill

Author
Discussion

stevemcs

3,799 posts

42 months

Wednesday 8th January
quotequote all
I guess with it being autosport this weekend we might see a few more announcements

emicen

7,372 posts

167 months

Wednesday 8th January
quotequote all
Rumours that Jiggy might be on the BTCC grid rather than MINI Challenge support grid.

ols

105 posts

84 months

N0ddie

224 posts

114 months

Friday 10th January
quotequote all
ols said:
No no space for Butcher? Seems strange that a team wouldn't renew their top driver that was a genuine championship contender for 90% of the season?

Rob197

742 posts

95 months

Friday 10th January
quotequote all
Chilton to BTC, should go well in that. Who to replace him in the Ford though?

Sammo123

1,463 posts

130 months

Friday 10th January
quotequote all
Rob197 said:
Chilton to BTC, should go well in that. Who to replace him in the Ford though?
Butcher?

DanielSan

14,610 posts

116 months

Friday 10th January
quotequote all
N0ddie said:
No no space for Butcher? Seems strange that a team wouldn't renew their top driver that was a genuine championship contender for 90% of the season?
As always it'll be down to cash.

MG CHRIS

6,641 posts

116 months

Friday 10th January
quotequote all
Sammo123 said:
Rob197 said:
Chilton to BTC, should go well in that. Who to replace him in the Ford though?
Butcher?
Motorbase have been extremely quiet talks of a new car for this year but no news on drivers or even a new sponser just hope we don't have a repeat of 2015.

Think there are only a handful of seats left to fill now.

MG CHRIS

6,641 posts

116 months

Saturday 11th January
quotequote all
Proctor in with the new Hyundai more than likely alongside smith. Smiley announcement tomorrow he wont be with btc racing so still one seat left there.
The way things are going we could be all done and dusted by end of month.

thebigmacmoomin

2,341 posts

118 months

Saturday 11th January
quotequote all
MG CHRIS said:
Proctor in with the new Hyundai more than likely alongside smith. Smiley announcement tomorrow he wont be with btc racing so still one seat left there.
The way things are going we could be all done and dusted by end of month.
Senna Proctor confirmed in the new Hyundai & BTC Racing have Josh Cook staying with Tom Chilton joining and Chris Smiley leaving

https://www.motorsport.com/btcc/news/chilton-btc-r...

Kraken

1,298 posts

149 months

Sunday 12th January
quotequote all
Creesy in the 3rd Honda at BTC. Hope it works out for him but there's going to be nowhere to hide next to Josh Cook. We'll get to see how good he really is now. Shows the importance of building a fan base, without his social media presence he says he wouldn't have got the drive.

xxdaix

39 posts

137 months

Monday 13th January
quotequote all
So with all/almost all the Honda seats been taken and really only the motorbase Focuses & 2nd Astra seat, been left to announce, where does this leave Shedden’s rumoured return to BTCC?

Plato’s team mate in the Astra??

MG CHRIS

6,641 posts

116 months

Monday 13th January
quotequote all
xxdaix said:
So with all/almost all the Honda seats been taken and really only the motorbase Focuses & 2nd Astra seat, been left to announce, where does this leave Shedden’s rumoured return to BTCC?

Plato’s team mate in the Astra??
One hasn't been confirmed and that's the simpson honda. Its pretty well known the team wants to sell up and with neal mentioning they are trying to get him back on the grid in some form and that he would be better in the fk2 then that could be an option. Or they are looking for a third car with matt's son.
There is also 1 more at team hard and excelr8 too


Sammo123

1,463 posts

130 months

Tuesday
quotequote all
Rumour has it that Shedden and Butcher are pretty much a done deal at Motorbase with the third seat currently being negotiated between Ollie Jackson and Rob Collard.

Apparently Shedden and Butcher have got a mutual sponsor that might become the title sponsor.

All rumours of course.

lickatysplit

447 posts

79 months

Thursday
quotequote all
I could have sworn I read somewhere that Simpson is backing out of this years Season?

Sebring440

535 posts

45 months

Thursday
quotequote all
lickatysplit said:
I could have sworn I read somewhere that Simpson is backing out of this years Season?
Yes, you read it two posts up.

lickatysplit

447 posts

79 months

Yesterday (12:18)
quotequote all
memory like a goldfish