BTCC 2020 Rumour Mill

BTCC 2020 Rumour Mill

Author
Discussion

MG CHRIS

7,033 posts

122 months

Saturday 19th October 2019
quotequote all
The moffats have 4 tbl including the one being sold with the Merc atm. Been told they have bought the bmr team and tbl but that doesn't account for the extra tbl so someone isn't coming back next year more than likely Simpson tbh. I did think the loaned 3rd motorbase tbl would go back to rob which he would take to speedworks so they can have 2 Toyotas for next year but the press release seemed to suggest only 1 for 2020.
Still think team hard will stick with 4 cars.
Interesting bits should be what car excelr8 will be using will the a-class continue, will pmr have new engines Plato seemed to be pushing it at brands, will the s3 remain or will there be any more civics on the grid I do hope not.

thebigmacmoomin

2,524 posts

124 months

Saturday 19th October 2019
quotequote all
I thought Rob Austin was only having 2019 off so will be back for 2020.

Kraken

1,433 posts

155 months

Sunday 20th October 2019
quotequote all
thebigmacmoomin said:
I thought Rob Austin was only having 2019 off so will be back for 2020.
Depends on money. The intention was to come back for 2020 but if the sponsorship isn't there... Hopefully it will be as it would be nice to see the Alfa back out rather than endless Hondas.

egor110

12,770 posts

158 months

Sunday 20th October 2019
quotequote all
Kraken said:
thebigmacmoomin said:
I thought Rob Austin was only having 2019 off so will be back for 2020.
Depends on money. The intention was to come back for 2020 but if the sponsorship isn't there... Hopefully it will be as it would be nice to see the Alfa back out rather than endless Hondas.
Trouble is if money's tight why use the alfa when you can get something that can compete .

Kraken

1,433 posts

155 months

Sunday 20th October 2019
quotequote all
egor110 said:
Trouble is if money's tight why use the alfa when you can get something that can compete .
Well if they're tight on money they certainly can't afford to build or buy another car. The Alfa did ok at the Snetteron tests. It's not a back of the grid car.

DanielSan

14,960 posts

122 months

Sunday 20th October 2019
quotequote all
Kraken said:
Well if they're tight on money they certainly can't afford to build or buy another car. The Alfa did ok at the Snetteron tests. It's not a back of the grid car.
Testing is nothing to go by though, if they're running max boost allowed and no ballast while everyone else has weight on or is just testing tyres it could well be a back of the grid car.

Kraken

1,433 posts

155 months

Sunday 20th October 2019
quotequote all
DanielSan said:
Testing is nothing to go by though, if they're running max boost allowed and no ballast while everyone else has weight on or is just testing tyres it could well be a back of the grid car.
They were all testing tyres. It was a tyre test after all.

DanielSan

14,960 posts

122 months

Sunday 20th October 2019
quotequote all
Kraken said:
They were all testing tyres. It was a tyre test after all.
I can see you're sharp...

So one glory lap in an undeveloped, likely underweight car proves precisely fk all when everyone else is on race runs....

xxdaix

41 posts

143 months

Monday 21st October 2019
quotequote all
egor110 said:
Kraken said:
thebigmacmoomin said:
I thought Rob Austin was only having 2019 off so will be back for 2020.
Depends on money. The intention was to come back for 2020 but if the sponsorship isn't there... Hopefully it will be as it would be nice to see the Alfa back out rather than endless Hondas.
Trouble is if money's tight why use the alfa when you can get something that can compete .
It’s Alfa’s 110th Birthday next year maybe some money can be found??


Kraken

1,433 posts

155 months

Tuesday 22nd October 2019
quotequote all
DanielSan said:
I can see you're sharp...

So one glory lap in an undeveloped, likely underweight car proves precisely fk all when everyone else is on race runs....
I doubt the others were running with ballast in their car at all times. No NGTC car is underweight, most of them struggle to get to the weight. Once they were off the 2nd hand tyres that they used for the 1st day all the runs of the Alfa were pretty good.

PartsMonkey

146 posts

92 months

Wednesday 13th November 2019
quotequote all
At last, the Hyundai rumours are more than just a rumour!

https://www.touringcartimes.com/2019/11/13/hyundai...

zeb

2,959 posts

173 months

Wednesday 13th November 2019
quotequote all
PartsMonkey said:
At last, the Hyundai rumours are more than just a rumour!

https://www.touringcartimes.com/2019/11/13/hyundai...
any idea who wil be driving them yet?

Kraken

1,433 posts

155 months

Wednesday 13th November 2019
quotequote all
zeb said:
any idea who wil be driving them yet?
Probably the same as last year. I'd be surprised if they would change drivers if they've still got the money.

MyVTECGoesBwaaah

723 posts

97 months

Wednesday 13th November 2019
quotequote all
Kraken said:
zeb said:
any idea who wil be driving them yet?
Probably the same as last year. I'd be surprised if they would change drivers if they've still got the money.
At the bottom of this Autosport article from the tail end of the year it says both drivers are planned to return:

https://www.autosport.com/btcc/news/145776/serious...

Dynion Araf Uchaf

2,502 posts

178 months

Wednesday 13th November 2019
quotequote all
PartsMonkey said:
At last, the Hyundai rumours are more than just a rumour!

https://www.touringcartimes.com/2019/11/13/hyundai...
interstingly though, that there is no statement from Hyundai themselves. So I guess from their perspective its a case of agreeing to allow them to use the car, and then providing some loaners to the team to smoke around in. Not quite an official
car like the BMW is.

Kraken

1,433 posts

155 months

Wednesday 13th November 2019
quotequote all
Dynion Araf Uchaf said:
interstingly though, that there is no statement from Hyundai themselves. So I guess from their perspective its a case of agreeing to allow them to use the car, and then providing some loaners to the team to smoke around in. Not quite an official
car like the BMW is.
It's an independent entry like the Alfa was. Just a bit of backing from UK Hyundai dealers rather than Hyundai themselves.

PartsMonkey

146 posts

92 months

Wednesday 13th November 2019
quotequote all
Kraken said:
Dynion Araf Uchaf said:
interstingly though, that there is no statement from Hyundai themselves. So I guess from their perspective its a case of agreeing to allow them to use the car, and then providing some loaners to the team to smoke around in. Not quite an official
car like the BMW is.
It's an independent entry like the Alfa was. Just a bit of backing from UK Hyundai dealers rather than Hyundai themselves.
I would presume the assistance from Hyundai dealers would amount to a couple of free body shells and maybe some spare parts.

MG CHRIS

7,033 posts

122 months

Wednesday 13th November 2019
quotequote all
Hyundai is focused on tcr/wrc and the new e-tcr series this is a few uk Hyundai dealers giving the teams a few spare part body shell etc.
Good too see Hyundai finally in the btcc apparently they come close to entering in the 96 but budget fell through.
Now all we need is the annual Kia rumour to happen.

Save Ferris

2,276 posts

168 months

Monday 25th November 2019
quotequote all
Seems to be a number of rumours flying around now. Chilton to BTC?

Rob197

750 posts

101 months

Tuesday 26th November 2019
quotequote all
Sutton to the Laser tools Infiniti!