BTCC 2020 Rumour Mill

BTCC 2020 Rumour Mill

Author
Discussion

DanielSan

14,582 posts

115 months

Tuesday 26th November
quotequote all
Rob197 said:
Sutton to the Laser tools Infiniti!
Moffat's purchased BMR a while back, supposedly doing an AMD and running 2 pairs of cars

BMR

756 posts

126 months

Tuesday 26th November
quotequote all
The Moffats were selling their Merc and TBL. I presumed the move to a 2 car team were courtesy of the BMR TBLs? If there’s a chance of 4 cars where would the spare TBL come from?

The old HMS licence ?

stevemcs

3,659 posts

41 months

Tuesday 26th November
quotequote all
HMS are not running the Alfa next year.

Teams should be limited to 2 licences

Kraken

1,272 posts

148 months

Wednesday 27th November
quotequote all
stevemcs said:
Teams should be limited to 2 licences
And where are the teams ready to take the places? The existing teams are having a hard enough time as it is.

Munter

28,990 posts

189 months

Wednesday 27th November
quotequote all
Kraken said:
stevemcs said:
Teams should be limited to 2 licences
And where are the teams ready to take the places? The existing teams are having a hard enough time as it is.
Even if that was the rule. It's be just like F1.

RedBull/Toro Rosso: 4 cars
Ferrari/Sauber: 4 cars

emicen

7,363 posts

166 months

Thursday 28th November
quotequote all
Interesting development: Butcher, Bushell and Tordoff all parting ways with AmD

stevemcs

3,659 posts

41 months

Thursday 28th November
quotequote all
That must be a team decision as there is no way as a driver you would want to leave AMD given the results they had last year.

MG CHRIS

6,620 posts

115 months

Thursday 28th November
quotequote all
Bushell was only in when Tordoff left and Bushell never had a big budget for racing. Considering what happened with Tordoff im not surprised he's not coming back. Butcher is a surprise though unless hes got a better offer elsewhere.

Also talk of shedden coming back after his nightmare in wtcr with audi.

AlexRS2782

5,676 posts

161 months

Thursday 28th November
quotequote all
MG CHRIS said:
Also talk of shedden coming back after his nightmare in wtcr with audi.
With this talk most teams are probably already adding extra 00's onto their rear end / rear quarter repair budget hehe

Pericoloso

41,294 posts

111 months

Thursday 28th November
quotequote all
I can't keep up with the number of times Bushell has gone Clio - BTCC -Clios - BTCC ad infinitum.......wobble

Wasn't he a driver coach in 2019 anyway and stepped in to cover Tordoff ?

agent006

Original Poster:

11,591 posts

212 months

Friday 29th November
quotequote all
Pericoloso said:
I can't keep up with the number of times Bushell has gone Clio - BTCC -Clios - BTCC ad infinitum.......wobble

Wasn't he a driver coach in 2019 anyway and stepped in to cover Tordoff ?
I think he was Tordoff's engineer for 2019.

Pothole Racing

80 posts

71 months

Friday 29th November
quotequote all
agent006 said:
I think he was Tordoff's engineer for 2019.
He was Butchers engineer. Natural choice for AMD to replace Tordoff with Bushell at short notice, he knew the Civic and had BTCC experience.

agent006

Original Poster:

11,591 posts

212 months

Monday 2nd December
quotequote all
From the BTCC website today. Only change I can see is one BMR TBL to BTC?


Confirmed entries for the 2020 Kwik Fit British Touring Car Championship:

Aiden Moffat Racing: 1
AmD/Cobra Exhausts: 2
AmD/Trade Price Cars: 2
BTC Racing: 3
Ciceley Motorsport: 2
Excelr8 Motorsport: 2
Motorbase Performance: 3
Power Maxed Racing: 2
Simpson Racing: 1
Speedworks Motorsport: 1
BMR Racing: 1
Team Dynamics: 2
Team HARD: 4
Team Parker Racing: 1
West Surrey Racing: 3

covboy

2,294 posts

122 months

Monday 2nd December
quotequote all
Cryptic couple of messages on Andy Jordans twitter today (assuming its a real account) Firstly to WSR anouncement of a 3 car team - to the effect that they know his terms and his phone number, thena picture of a plain Porsche and acomment about how good the prize money was

Pothole Racing

80 posts

71 months

Tuesday 3rd December
quotequote all
agent006 said:
From the BTCC website today. Only change I can see is one BMR TBL to BTC?


Confirmed entries for the 2020 Kwik Fit British Touring Car Championship:

Aiden Moffat Racing: 1
AmD/Cobra Exhausts: 2
AmD/Trade Price Cars: 2
BTC Racing: 3
Ciceley Motorsport: 2
Excelr8 Motorsport: 2
Motorbase Performance: 3
Power Maxed Racing: 2
Simpson Racing: 1
Speedworks Motorsport: 1
BMR Racing: 1
Team Dynamics: 2
Team HARD: 4
Team Parker Racing: 1
West Surrey Racing: 3
The 1 BMR license is being used for Ash Suttons drive in the Infinit I believe, BMR/Moffat are apparently under one roof now.

Wonder if this means the Levorgs wont be out at all next year.
Unless AMD/TPC swap to Levorg?

Kraken

1,272 posts

148 months

Tuesday 3rd December
quotequote all
Depends who own the Levorgs I suppose. From what others have said in the past they were either owned directly by Subaru or a 3rd party leasing company owned them. Given how slow they are and how much certain other team owners despise the fact that they exist I would be surprised if anyone takes them on.

There were two BMR TBLs. One was sold to BTC along with the Moffat Mercedes and the other is being used by Sutton.

sideshowfred

42 posts

31 months

Tuesday 3rd December
quotequote all
Kraken said:
Depends who own the Levorgs I suppose. From what others have said in the past they were either owned directly by Subaru or a 3rd party leasing company owned them. Given how slow they are and how much certain other team owners despise the fact that they exist I would be surprised if anyone takes them on.

There were two BMR TBLs. One was sold to BTC along with the Moffat Mercedes and the other is being used by Sutton.
The Levorgs will not be back out. I believe as of next year they are no longer eligible for the championship. At least something along those lines was being said after the final round.

DanielSan

14,582 posts

115 months

Tuesday 3rd December
quotequote all
covboy said:
Cryptic couple of messages on Andy Jordans twitter today (assuming its a real account) Firstly to WSR anouncement of a 3 car team - to the effect that they know his terms and his phone number, thena picture of a plain Porsche and acomment about how good the prize money was
Porsche Cup is the backup plan if he doesn't get the BTCC drive. If you have a look on his past tweets/Instagram he's had a 991 Cup car for a while.

Kraken

1,272 posts

148 months

Wednesday 4th December
quotequote all
sideshowfred said:
The Levorgs will not be back out. I believe as of next year they are no longer eligible for the championship. At least something along those lines was being said after the final round.
They are eligible but no new cars of their configuration (boxer engine or rotary for that matter) are allowed. So basically Subaru couldn't enter anything other than the Levorg unless it had a conventional engine.

Kraken

1,272 posts

148 months

Thursday 5th December
quotequote all
Team HARD running an ex-WSR 1 series BMW for Carl Boardley now. Interesting twist.