19th rs track day oulton park 8th march

19th rs track day oulton park 8th march

Author
Discussion

BertBert

14,172 posts

169 months

Wednesday 20th February 2019
quotequote all
I have to say that CG have pulled a blinder. I had agreed to drop off my PASM dampers ages ago then they'd manage the refurb with bilstein and have the fitting and setup done next week in time for oulton.

Best laid plans. Mrs Bert got really ill and hospitalised (women eh?) so my attention was elsewhere. Phoned CG on Monday to cancel the plans, but they've arranged to get the dampers done in a week so we can still do it!

Also thanks to bilstein who also have a part to play.

I'm very excited.

Bert

Fl0pp3r

798 posts

161 months

Wednesday 20th February 2019
quotequote all
Good to hear CG came through for you Bert, hope the lady is feeling better and you enjoy the day thumbup

Taffy66

4,088 posts

60 months

Wednesday 20th February 2019
quotequote all
nick28 said:
I can no longer make it so have a spare ticket

If anyone is interested please PM me
Many thanks Nick. I'm really looking forward to the infamous RS day as i've never been before..Nick very kindly included his GT3 in the deal as i didn't want to wear the tyres on mine.;)
Can anyone recommend somewhere convenient to stay as i'm not familiar with the area..Is my GT3 with a JCR center bypass going to pass the noise regs or should i take my 981 Spyder to be on the safe side..Come to think of it the Spyder is even noisier..

RSVP911

7,609 posts

91 months

Wednesday 20th February 2019
quotequote all
Taffy66 said:
nick28 said:
I can no longer make it so have a spare ticket

If anyone is interested please PM me
Many thanks Nick. I'm really looking forward to the infamous RS day as i've never been before..Nick very kindly included his GT3 in the deal as i didn't want to wear the tyres on mine.;)
Can anyone recommend somewhere convenient to stay as i'm not familiar with the area..Is my GT3 with a JCR center bypass going to pass the noise regs or should i take my 981 Spyder to be on the safe side..Come to think of it the Spyder is even noisier..
I stayed here - very nice people , clean , close . I chose it as it’s very private and my car wouldn’t be visible in a big shared car park - worked for me. - it’s called New Hall Farm smile

https://www.booking.com/hotel/gb/new-hall-farm.en-...

Taffy66

4,088 posts

60 months

Wednesday 20th February 2019
quotequote all
Thanks Richard for the recommendation .
From a social POV is it better to stay the night before, the night after or both.Forgive my ignorance as its my first time at this event..

LaSource

2,469 posts

166 months

Thursday 21st February 2019
quotequote all
Still looking for a slot...please let me know if anyone else fancies a lie in instead smile

Yellow491

Original Poster:

1,899 posts

77 months

Thursday 21st February 2019
quotequote all
Taffy66 said:
Thanks Richard for the recommendation .
From a social POV is it better to stay the night before, the night after or both.Forgive my ignorance as its my first time at this event..
We do both nights at the fishpool inn with our motorhomes etc,welcome to join us for food and beer etc,richard joined us the other year.
Let me know if you cant find accommodation.
How loud is it with the bypass,i think we have had the odd spyder on track.

RSVP911

7,609 posts

91 months

Thursday 21st February 2019
quotequote all
Yellow491 said:
Taffy66 said:
Thanks Richard for the recommendation .
From a social POV is it better to stay the night before, the night after or both.Forgive my ignorance as its my first time at this event..
We do both nights at the fishpool inn with our motorhomes etc,welcome to join us for food and beer etc,richard joined us the other year.
Let me know if you cant find accommodation.
How loud is it with the bypass,i think we have had the odd spyder on track.
I did; invite was much appreciated and a very hospitable lot you are/were smile

Taffy66

4,088 posts

60 months

Thursday 21st February 2019
quotequote all
Yellow491 said:
We do both nights at the fishpool inn with our motorhomes etc,welcome to join us for food and beer etc,richard joined us the other year.
Let me know if you cant find accommodation.
How loud is it with the bypass,i think we have had the odd spyder on track.
Many thanks for your kind offer which i accept..After phoning around just now i managed to book two nights at the Alvanley Arms after someone cancelled last night..It might have been Nick..?
I'm bringing the GT3 as it should be OK on the static test and take my foot off on the drive by..

Digga

31,537 posts

241 months

Thursday 21st February 2019
quotequote all
Taffy66 said:
Many thanks for your kind offer which i accept..After phoning around just now i managed to book two nights at the Alvanley Arms after someone cancelled last night..It might have been Nick..?
I'm bringing the GT3 as it should be OK on the static test and take my foot off on the drive by..
Glad you've managed to get a place - you will love it. thumbup

Looking at the thread on 911uk forum, there looks to be almost as many turning up just to spectate: http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=132201&sid=60...

nick28

185 posts

125 months

Thursday 21st February 2019
quotequote all
Taffy66 said:
Many thanks for your kind offer which i accept..After phoning around just now i managed to book two nights at the Alvanley Arms after someone cancelled last night..It might have been Nick..?
I'm bringing the GT3 as it should be OK on the static test and take my foot off on the drive by..
Not me John but I'll definitely join you next year!

TDT

2,427 posts

77 months

Thursday 21st February 2019
quotequote all
Taffy66 said:
Many thanks for your kind offer which i accept..After phoning around just now i managed to book two nights at the Alvanley Arms after someone cancelled last night..It might have been Nick..?
I'm bringing the GT3 as it should be OK on the static test and take my foot off on the drive by..
Look forward to meeting you..as I'll be there for the night before - and Mr Rance I believe.

Taffy66

4,088 posts

60 months

Thursday 21st February 2019
quotequote all
TDT said:
Look forward to meeting you..as I'll be there for the night before - and Mr Rance I believe.
Like wise..When i get there i'll track you down and we could share a cab over to the Fishpool...

boxsey

3,481 posts

168 months

Thursday 21st February 2019
quotequote all
TDT said:
Look forward to meeting you..as I'll be there for the night before - and Mr Rance I believe.
Some of our April Spa party are booked in too. I'll be coming over to join for evening dinner.

WeissachGT4

21 posts

35 months

Thursday 21st February 2019
quotequote all
Unfortunately I need to cancel my booking. MSV won't refund but they will happily make a name change to the booking FOC. Let me know if you want to take my slot asap. Cost will be the face value of £199.

hunter 66

3,203 posts

178 months

Thursday 21st February 2019
quotequote all
Remember those with 3 pedals ......

Get the right one , just enjoyed this

https://youtu.be/Y4ZmolZCnX8



TDT

2,427 posts

77 months

Thursday 21st February 2019
quotequote all
WeissachGT4 said:
Unfortunately I need to cancel my booking. MSV won't refund but they will happily make a name change to the booking FOC. Let me know if you want to take my slot asap. Cost will be the face value of £199.
Get in touch with LaSource... he was looking for a ticket this morning.

WeissachGT4

21 posts

35 months

Thursday 21st February 2019
quotequote all
TDT said:
Get in touch with LaSource... he was looking for a ticket this morning.
Thanks TDT, I've just sent him a DM

Slippydiff

11,565 posts

181 months

Thursday 21st February 2019
quotequote all
hunter 66 said:
Remember those with 3 pedals ......

Get the right one , just enjoyed this

https://youtu.be/Y4ZmolZCnX8
Been there, done that (in a BMW on the motorway whilst using cruise control) Scary stuff and not fun, because your head/brain will not let you :

A. Look down to see where your feet are and why the "brakes" aren't working.

B. Allow you to do anything other than keep pumping the non functioning "brake" in the vain hope it'll actually work, which of course being the clutch, it won't ... yikes

Digga

31,537 posts

241 months

Friday 22nd February 2019
quotequote all
WeissachGT4 said:
TDT said:
Get in touch with LaSource... he was looking for a ticket this morning.
Thanks TDT, I've just sent him a DM
As TDT says, I'm pretty certain he will take it off your hands. He's been waiting patiently on the reserve list for a while.